150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Light's Dawn project code

Light's dawn was a custom server project I and a few others were working on. We have all lost interest in WoW emulation and rather than let the idea and work put into it go to waste I have open sourced it. The code and most of the client side stuff is now on GitHub and I can post the rest of it on request.

Videos:

Emulator:

GitHub - stoneharry/ZombiesProjectEmulator

Client side & server scripts:

GitHub - stoneharry/ZombiesProject

Light's Dawn project code
  2. Thanks Miksu, KuRIoS, doityourself, culino2, Krack3n, Confucius, i, schp, tijeffz, ~Z~ (9 members gave Thanks to stoneharry for this useful post)
    Birdseye123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can i use the item generator system? I've been snooping around this for a bit and was trying to replicate it.

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Birdseye123 View Post
    How can i use the item generator system? I've been snooping around this for a bit and was trying to replicate it.
    So I made this to generate an item.dbc: ZombiesProjectEmulator/tools/ItemDBCGenerator/ItemDBCGenerator at master * stoneharry/ZombiesProjectEmulator * GitHub

This generates millions of records that we can use and recycle since weapon display and other data is tied to this dbc file to work properly.

Most of the server code for the actual system is here: ZombiesProjectEmulator/VirtualItemMgr.cpp at master * stoneharry/ZombiesProjectEmulator * GitHub

Other implementation details can be found by crawling through the commit history.

If you have any further specific questions I can probably help, but that's quite a general question.

keldaligz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When trying to build this solution in VS its coming back with hella errors. any idea what could be causing it? the majority of the errors are "Constant is too big" originally wasn't sure if it was a 32 or 64 bit issue so ive tried in both and no bueno. the majority of errors seem to be within Authserver and Worldservers.
    I know this is really hard to diagnose from such a vague description but im pretty stumped

Thanks for any advise

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by keldaligz View Post
    When trying to build this solution in VS its coming back with hella errors. any idea what could be causing it? the majority of the errors are "Constant is too big" originally wasn't sure if it was a 32 or 64 bit issue so ive tried in both and no bueno. the majority of errors seem to be within Authserver and Worldservers.
    I know this is really hard to diagnose from such a vague description but im pretty stumped

Thanks for any advise
    Yeah, I have major problems trying to compile it as well, but more-so with the mpq project causing the compiler to never-terminate and hang, which is needed as a dependency for a few other projects.

It stems from the problem we didn't merge the trinitycore repo into our fork at any point. Unless you remember all the dependencies and version requirements from when this branch was forked, it's pretty damn hard. If you merged those changes in then most of the compilation issues would likely be fixed. But your going to get a billion conflicts.

Instead it would be better to take a fresh TrinityCore repo clone and apply the commits made in our repo over the top with git cherry-pick, but this is no quick task.

edit: Do not use the head revision.
    Last edited by stoneharry; 12-04-2018 at 03:04 PM.

maxxan10's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you release the files for the new elwynn forest map you worked on? Looks really cool.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by maxxan10 View Post
    Can you release the files for the new elwynn forest map you worked on? Looks really cool.
    This should be all the extra stuff: Dropbox - LightsDawnClientExtra.zip

The rest of the client stuff is here: ZombiesProject/Client at master * stoneharry/ZombiesProject * GitHub

maxxan10's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    This should be all the extra stuff: Dropbox - LightsDawnClientExtra.zip

The rest of the client stuff is here: ZombiesProject/Client at master * stoneharry/ZombiesProject * GitHub
    thanks alot dude

hinur's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering what was intended to happen in the rest of the zone because I was planning on continuing the world design of it, it would be great to get some insight.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hinur View Post
    I was wondering what was intended to happen in the rest of the zone because I was planning on continuing the world design of it, it would be great to get some insight.
    It was being themed similarly to the plaguelands from vanilla WoW, with cauldrons etc and mass graves. I was working on a system where cauldrons would spawn in a random position on the map and it would be marked on the worldmap and a reward would be given for going and completing the event there. A lot of the client side content was driven by what we could feasibly do on the backend. See: ZombiesProject/Server Scripts/Systems/Elwynn-Forest at master * stoneharry/ZombiesProject * GitHub

I have never been good at art, it was Vel who did our world editing for us. He's no longer in the emulation scene either unfortunately.

Somboo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I ended up successfully compiling this but how do I create the tables for the databases with the custom data?

13. Thanks stoneharry (1 members gave Thanks to Somboo for this useful post)

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Somboo View Post
    Hi, I ended up successfully compiling this but how do I create the tables for the databases with the custom data?
    I have some backups lying around on old drives. I can provide one but I'm not sure how up to date the backup is. You will have to let me know how it goes.

World: Dropbox - LightsDawnWorldBackup.zip
    Char: Dropbox - LightsDawnCharBackup.zip
    Auth: Dropbox - LightsDawnAuthBackup.zip

The auth accounts table data has been removed, you may have to do some cleanup to get it to load properly.
    Last edited by stoneharry; 12-04-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Somboo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some backups lying around on old drives. I can provide one but I'm not sure how up to date the backup is. You will have to let me know how it goes.

World: Dropbox - LightsDawnWorldBackup.zip
    Char: Dropbox - LightsDawnCharBackup.zip
    Auth: Dropbox - LightsDawnAuthBackup.zip

The auth accounts table data has been removed, you may have to do some cleanup to get it to load properly.
    Hey thanks! I got the sql files executed but I have this issue. I think it is because of how I compiled it. But if you know any solutions that would be great!

Using configuration file /home/wow/server/etc/worldserver.conf.
    Using SSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.2n 7 Dec 2017 (library: OpenSSL 1.0.2n 7 Dec 2017)
    Using Boost version: 1.65.1
    In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 84, sql: "INSERT INTO account_spells VALUES (?, ?)"
    Table 'auth.account_spells' doesn't exist
    In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 89, sql: "DELETE FROM account_spells WHERE account = ? AND spell = ?"
    Could not prepare statements of the Login database, see log for details.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Somboo View Post
    Hey thanks! I got the sql files executed but I have this issue. I think it is because of how I compiled it. But if you know any solutions that would be great!

Using configuration file /home/wow/server/etc/worldserver.conf.
    Using SSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.2n 7 Dec 2017 (library: OpenSSL 1.0.2n 7 Dec 2017)
    In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 89, sql: "DELETE FROM account_spells WHERE account = ? AND spell = ?"
    There are these: ZombiesProjectEmulator/sql/custom_updates at master . stoneharry/ZombiesProjectEmulator . GitHub

But they don't handle account_spells. Hmmm.

I don't really remember but you can try recreating the table. Create a table called account_spells and make the structure:

Column Name | DataType
    entry | uint
    account | uint
    spell | unit

Somboo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are these: ZombiesProjectEmulator/sql/custom_updates at master . stoneharry/ZombiesProjectEmulator . GitHub

But they don't handle account_spells. Hmmm.

I don't really remember but you can try recreating the table. Create a table called account_spells and make the structure:

Column Name | DataType
    entry | uint
    account | uint
    spell | unit
    Okay, now it does not complain about it missing but it complains about no spell values.

Using configuration file /home/wow/server/etc/authserver.conf.
    Searching for available patches.
    Opening DatabasePool 'auth'. Asynchronous connections: 1, synchronous connections: 1.
    MySQL client library: 5.7.24
    MySQL server ver: 5.7.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
    Connected to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1
    MySQL client library: 5.7.24
    MySQL server ver: 5.7.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
    Connected to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1
    DatabasePool 'auth' opened successfully. 2 total connections running.
    Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
    Closing down DatabasePool 'auth'.
    Asynchronous connections on DatabasePool 'auth' terminated. Proceeding with synchronous connections.
    All connections on DatabasePool 'auth' closed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast