26/301
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Snogrot View Post
    Did some extensive playing around with hunters after all the great fixes you have applied to them and sadly I discovered a new error that wasn't there on your previous versions. It would be a pretty low priority I would think and I can understand it would have easily been missed after all the work you did. Hunter pets now only gain XP on mobs that would give XP to the Hunter.

So, for example, if a level 60 hunter decides to tame the pink strider from the Mulgore they would have to level it a level 48+ zone which is doable but aggro city making it fairly challenging. If, for another example, a leveling group decides that they are doing deadmines at level 18 and everyone needs to stop gaining XP upon turning 18 then the hunter in that group would have to either go in with a lvl 17 pet or continue gaining experience till the pet turns 18 making the hunter 18.5 roughly.

Both fairly niche scenarios that I would "not" want to see all the good work undone over but, in the interest of transparency, just wanted to share if you haven't seen the bug yourself already. I am definitely still enjoying the new repack
    That is not a bug. This is how it works in Classic. I tested it and recreated the behavior.

Elysium Core 1.12 Repack - Including MMaps and Optional Vendors
    Snogrot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by brotalnia View Post
    That is not a bug. This is how it works in Classic. I tested it and recreated the behavior.
    Ahh ok sorry. I must concede my knowledge with 1.13.Xs is non existent. My understanding was classic was supposed to be a recreation with no changes to vanilla predecessor, but clearly blizzard couldn't help themselves. The latest carbot video "This is World of Warcraft" This is World of WarCraft - YouTube seems to be a clear indication things aren't as I remember them.

Acnapyx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are using v12 of this repack it normal for Firebrand invokers to cast fire nova while they are not in combat?

KO_EN's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for v19. I struggled a bit with moving my 20 accounts from v18 to v19, but I figured it out.

For others like me that are somewhat new to this, some pointers that might help you:

first backup the whole thing. Make a copy of your server directory in case something goes wrong

From the update post "Run these 2 migrations" means copying those query lines and running them as a query in HeidiSQL in your v18 database.
    So no downloads, just copy the query lines.
    Run the queries with F9. You'll get some warnings, but that's ok. I think the first gave 3 warnings, the second 1 warning. No worries.
    After that's done you need to export the "characters" database and ALSO the "realmd/account" database
    Right click, select export database as SQL
    Select 'database create', select 'table create'
    enter a filename (I named it characters.sql)

Now close the v18 database and open the v19 database
    I renamed the 'characters' database to 'characters old'
    now run the characters.sql file you created. this will connect to your v19 sql database with heidiSQL and you'll see the characters.sql query is added
    run the query with F9 and again you might get a few warnings. that's normal
    check if the characters database was created succesfully. (hit F5 to refresh)
    if all your characters are there, you can now delete the 'characters old' database
    do the same with the realmd/account database
    and check if you need to change the realmlist info under realmd

that's all I needed to do to get it working
    Last edited by KO_EN; 07-12-2021 at 11:14 AM.

5. Thanks MaximilianoBarrios (1 members gave Thanks to KO_EN for this useful post)
    Ayahuasca_'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ! Congrats for the new update and the big work behind !
    I noticed the removal of "sha_pass_hash" kinda broke the login related functions of my FusionGen website. I'm hoping there will be an update on FusionGen to manage the new password management by this core.
    I added back an empty "sha_pass_hash" column but obviously as it is empty it does not work for the website to be able to connect the user. I guess it will not correctly create a new account too.

I have to say that I had the idea of remove all account related features of the website, and make an account creator/manager inside a game launcher for my server. But the problem I'm facing for now, well before working on this, is that I cannot even connect to my admin panel on FusionGen to edit my website (x

I was able to fully update my server from v18 of this repack to new v19 without loosing any of my custom quests/npc/items etc but now I'm facing this problem...

brotalnia's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    26/301
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ayahuasca_ View Post
    Hi ! Congrats for the new update and the big work behind !
    I noticed the removal of "sha_pass_hash" kinda broke the login related functions of my FusionGen website. I'm hoping there will be an update on FusionGen to manage the new password management by this core.
    I added back an empty "sha_pass_hash" column but obviously as it is empty it does not work for the website to be able to connect the user. I guess it will not correctly create a new account too.

I have to say that I had the idea of remove all account related features of the website, and make an account creator/manager inside a game launcher for my server. But the problem I'm facing for now, well before working on this, is that I cannot even connect to my admin panel on FusionGen to edit my website (x

I was able to fully update my server from v18 of this repack to new v19 without loosing any of my custom quests/npc/items etc but now I'm facing this problem...
    Look at this web page how you can handle login and registration without sha_pass_hash field.
    GitHub - masterking32/WoWSimpleRegistration: Simple Registration page for TrinityCore/AzerothCore/AshamaneCore/CMangos

Snogrot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just curious if the Silithyst pvp and quests are on the agenda for the repack. I saw that on the horde side you have "Scouring the Desert" quest active and that it self completes when you take it and the alliance don't have it. I understand that it is probably a very very low priority, when I used to play in retail I think I was the only one that liked putting some points on the board in Silithus and no one could understand why I was wasting my time . I have no idea given priority how easy or hard it would be to include just asking.

Acnapyx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious is PvP ranking working?
    because 15 kills is for Private (Rank 1), no matter how much kills i do where's no update in a ranking? Do i miss something?

Thanks G/R
    2/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pvp rankings work

yes. you miss something. rankings update weekly on how you performed compared to other players of your faction that week.
    there is no rank update for simply killing, but you do need 15 honor kills to take part in the weekly update.
    and it matters how many players are on your faction. if you're playing alone, the system probably won't work correctly
    you can't all be max rank. the ones scoring lowest that week will go down in rank
    and the server needs a restart to update the rankings. if you leave the server running 24/7 there will be no weekly update.
    Last edited by KO_EN; 08-02-2021 at 10:23 AM.

Snogrot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silithyst

Originally Posted by Snogrot View Post
    I was just curious if the Silithyst pvp and quests are on the agenda for the repack. I saw that on the horde side you have "Scouring the Desert" quest active and that it self completes when you take it and the alliance don't have it. I understand that it is probably a very very low priority, when I used to play in retail I think I was the only one that liked putting some points on the board in Silithus and no one could understand why I was wasting my time . I have no idea given priority how easy or hard it would be to include just asking.
    Apparently the name given to the pvp Silithyst event is called "The Silithyst Must Flow" inspired from the classic film & novel "Dune" you can look it up here: The Silithyst Must Flow | WoWWiki | Fandom

A new remake of the movie is set to be released at the end of October. Again i'm not sure how hard it is to include in this repack, or even if you would had an inspiration to create a custom event like your Easter and Xmas ones, but could be a nice touch having such a repack release come out with the event paired with the film that inspired it

Glorianglorre's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Acnapyx View Post
    I am curious is PvP ranking working?
    because 15 kills is for Private (Rank 1), no matter how much kills i do where's no update in a ranking? Do i miss something?
    You can use .honor setrp 60000 gives you Rank 14

Thanks G/R
    2/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @brotalnia
    Darrowshire, the private vanilla server, uses the same database as this repack. Is there any link between that project and this one? will the fixes made on Darrowshire make their way to this project as well?

brotalnia's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    26/301
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KO_EN View Post
    @brotalnia
    Darrowshire, the private vanilla server, uses the same database as this repack. Is there any link between that project and this one? will the fixes made on Darrowshire make their way to this project as well?
    I am not affiliated with any private servers, nor has anyone from Darrowshire submitted bug fixes to me. But I have fixed some bugs that I saw reported on their bug tracker, so that helps.

Thanks G/R
    2/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @brotalnia
    Alright. Understood.

I would like to report a few creatures that I found are currently stuck underground and/or have no movement setting.
    (If you need more information to be able to locate them, let me know.)
    Gray Bear, Entry 2351, Guid 15226, Hillsbrad Foothills, stuck underground and missing movement
    Highvale Outrunner, Entry 2691, Guid 92879, Hinterlands, stuck underground and missing movement
    Barnabus, Entry 2753, Guid 27546, Badlands, missing movement and loot
    Snapjaw, Entry 2408, Guid 16692, Alterac Mountains, stuck in the ground. (not 100% if it was this exact turtle, if it's not this one it's one very near it)
    Firebrand Grunt, Entry 9259, Guid 43764, LBRS, doesn't detect player until the player is on top of the npc
    Firebrand Grunt, Entry 9259, Guid 43762, LBRS, doesn't detect player until the player is on top of the npc
    Bloodaxe Warmonger, Entry 9716, Guid 45779, LBRS, doesn't detect player until the player is on top of the npc

(with the exception of Barnabus and the turtle, they're now fixed in version 20)
    Snapjaw Entry 3408 Guid 16635 is stuck in the ground still.

----

then, something else. In Maraudon, in the Foulspore Cavern, there is a large plant thing that spews out "spewed larva".
    I don't have access to wow classic right now, but I remember there to be a valve on the side of the large plant thing that let's the player turn off the spawning of larva.
    On this project there is no valve. I'm not 100% about this, so if someone can confirm this to be a thing or not, that would be great.
    Last edited by KO_EN; 02-24-2022 at 09:09 AM. Reason: bug was fixed in version 20

Thanks G/R
    2/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quest text for Imperial Plate items does not match the actual requirement.

51b8b1585320c2d546c0caaa98642523.jpg

In wow classic it's 20 according to comments found here: Plans: Imperial Plate Bracers - Item - Classic World of Warcraft
    but comments from way back say it was 10.
    Either way, whatever it ends up being. The quest text should match the requirement.
    All of the pieces require double of what the quest text suggests.

p.s. I'm playing on the 1.8 dragons of nightmare patch.

----

Shadi Mistrunner in Thunder Bluff is selling unlimited Mageroyal
    she shouldn't be selling mageroyal at all.
    (fixed in version 20)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Elysium Core 1.12 Repack - Including MMaps and Optional Vendors-unlimited-mageroyal-jpg  
    Last edited by KO_EN; 02-24-2022 at 07:44 AM.