Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had to deal with naked characters before I can understand your frustration. More frustrating for me is I have played around with a number of repacks getting naked characters on each and I can't remember how I went wrong on this one before getting it right. I remember on a tbc repack between versions they switch out the mysql database template. It was virtually identical except they renamed a few key tables which was a easy fix but only after I finally discovered what was going on. I know that wasn't the issue here I only mention it to highlight "basically" transferring your characters across to a new database can easily come up short to "meticulously" ensuring all your sql import protocols are followed step by step to ensure you get the desired results.

Elysium Core 1.12 Repack - Including MMaps and Optional Vendors
    Solo761's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, most curios thing is that characters that originally come with this pack migrate without problems, their gear remains. Only characters that I have created loose their stuff

Snogrot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Solo761 View Post
    Heh, most curios thing is that characters that originally come with this pack migrate without problems, their gear remains. Only characters that I have created loose their stuff
    Those characters are on every new version of the pack so you wouldn't actually be transferring them at all. Those characters never get modified so even if you have the protocols in place to overwrite the existing data you would just be exchanging there items for the same items they already have and if your not set up to overwrite they already have those items so they don't lose anything. I implore you to take a closer look at the original guide I gave you with the screen shot attached i'm 97.64% certain your missing something very very minor but crucial.

Solo761's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried that but for some reason it was the same.

In one of the tries I even tried swapping characters and realmd databases from old version to v17 (literally copied folders of characters and realmd folders from old mysql to v17 sql). And again, built in characters were working fine, but mine lost all their items when I load them. So emulator itself did this for some reason, inventory table has everything, I load the character and items from that characters are missing from table. That means that for some reason mangos deletes them.

That's why I was asking if there's some trick to it. It's not that important, just curious if there's something hidden.

yagi314's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any ideas as to why .respawn isn't working on many bosses, especially so in Naxx? Their corpse will disappear like it was respawned, but nothing happens and with no corpse you can't .respawn again. Trying to .npc summon only occasionally works to bring them back, but once you kill that one it can't be respawned just like the original one.

We've tested on three different installs of the repack, two with a few custom NPC's and one downloaded today with no modifications. Can't use respawn on many bosses on all of them.

felixq's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello
    I have been playing for three days and on several occasions I have been saved by a hair, I thought I was very lucky so I began to suspect that something strange was happening.
    Today I decided to let my character be killed, there is no way for him to die, when he has less than 10 life points there is no way to do more damage to him. Why does this happen?
    I feel like I'm cheating and that takes the fun out of the game.

Excuse my English, my native language is Spanish
    Greetings

MotherEarth4532's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I'm thinking about creating a private server, but I'n looking for a working Core with the least amount of bugs. I read earlier about someone using the Elysium core. Does anybody have a link to download the goods?

Best regards

EDIT: Looks like it's on page 51(?). Is this the most complete core out there? Good work.
    Last edited by MotherEarth4532; 10-06-2020 at 11:34 PM.

MotherEarth4532's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, is there anyone who can help us better understand how to create a server and advertise it? I'd pay someone to educate us. We are serious about making one for the public, but lack the knowledge.

Thank you.

mightguru's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MotherEarth4532 View Post
    Also, is there anyone who can help us better understand how to create a server and advertise it? I'd pay someone to educate us. We are serious about making one for the public, but lack the knowledge.

Thank you.
    I used to create servers from these repacks on Linux VPS back when LH was live and we practiced fights with my guild back then. Haven't tried to create one since repack 12 or 13 when a memory leakage appeared, don't know if the leakage has been repaired since.

Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This repack (v17) seems to compile from source just fine on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS once you install the dependencies
    Code:
    cmake gcc g++ libace-dev libssl-dev libtbb-dev libmysqlclient-dev
    and change my_bool to bool in files
    src\shared\Database\DatabaseMysql.cpp - Lines 461 and 506
    src\shared\Database\DatabaseMysql.h - Line 60 @brotalnia ?

To build from source files:

Code:
    cmake path/to/source/files -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=path/to/your/preferred/install/directory && make && make install

smellypantz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question...I'm able to connect to a server running on another machine on my network if I have the IP address of the host (192.168.4.31) in the 'address' field of the realmlist table. EASY!

I want to now make the server available off my local network. I have a DNS entry for my public IP address with port forwarding configured to point to the server hosting MaNGOS. I modified realmlist 'address' to use that DNS name.

That DNS name resolves to a public IP address...I want to use the private IP address of the host that is on my network (duh!). How would I go about doing this? I attempted to create an entry on my desktop's host file to point the name to the private IP address of the server. I can tell its working because I can access the Apache server via the name (resolves to the private IP address)....but when I attempt to login to the server (after updating the realmlist.wtf file)..and it sticks on 'retrieving realm list.'

Via the realmd.exe console it says 'user <username> IP <IP address> is sending CMD_REALM_LIST too frequently'

Does anyone have any input on this? I can't imagine I'm the only person hosting a public server while trying to access the server locally?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by yagi314 View Post
    Any ideas as to why .respawn isn't working on many bosses, especially so in Naxx? Their corpse will disappear like it was respawned, but nothing happens and with no corpse you can't .respawn again. Trying to .npc summon only occasionally works to bring them back, but once you kill that one it can't be respawned just like the original one.

We've tested on three different installs of the repack, two with a few custom NPC's and one downloaded today with no modifications. Can't use respawn on many bosses on all of them.
    Did you find a resolution to this? I experienced the same thing.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have gotten it to work successfully on my LAN...but when I try and make it public users are reporting being stuck at 'retrieving realm list' and in my realmd.exe console I see "[ERROR] user MARIS IP 192.168.4.24 is sending CMD_REALM_LIST too frequently. Delay = 0 seconds'

I used the batch file to change the server IP to the DNS name...any thoughts?

Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by smellypantz View Post
    I have gotten it to work successfully on my LAN...but when I try and make it public users are reporting being stuck at 'retrieving realm list' and in my realmd.exe console I see "[ERROR] user MARIS IP 192.168.4.24 is sending CMD_REALM_LIST too frequently. Delay = 0 seconds'

I used the batch file to change the server IP to the DNS name...any thoughts?
    Did you try creating a second id into the realmlist table of the logon(realmd?) database identical to the first id and there put the public IP address in the address field? So now you have two almost identical id's in the realmlist table of the logon database, first one consisting of your local ip and second one your public ip.

15. Thanks Crixx (1 members gave Thanks to mightguru for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mightguru View Post
    Did you try creating a second id into the realmlist table of the logon(realmd?) database identical to the first id and there put the public IP address in the address field? So now you have two almost identical id's in the realmlist table of the logon database, first one consisting of your local ip and second one your public ip.
    I got this to work by not using the DNS name but rather just the public IP.