150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by csontidormu View Post
    I'm quiet noob in emulators, servers but in the server scprits there are GossipScripts, LuaEngine and SpellHandler.Reffering to your post(if i understand that well) we need SpellScripts, not SpellHandler.(sry for bad english)

SpellHandler is correct, I use the phrases interchangeable.

The Edge of Chaos Expansion
    csontidormu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about this trialcreateinfo table??I've saw many repacks but none of them had a querry like this.Is there any way to remove it??(I think this is the source of the problems )

Radcorp1996's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I try running world.exe, I get the same crash listed but also in logon.exe, it says:
    "ERROR: The process "World.exe" cannot be found."

Might want to check that out as well Stoneharry.

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about this trialcreateinfo table??I've saw many repacks but none of them had a querry like this.Is there any way to remove it??(I think this is the source of the problems )
    How can ignore this 'error'. We used to support trial accounts but discontinued it a long time ago. It is perfectly fine.

Originally Posted by Radcorp1996 View Post
    When I try running world.exe, I get the same crash listed but also in logon.exe, it says:
    "ERROR: The process "World.exe" cannot be found."

Might want to check that out as well Stoneharry.
    This error can again be ignored. The world.exe updates the database every 30 seconds with a timestamp saying when it last updated the database. The logonserver checks this field keeps being updated. If it has not been updated recently then the logonserver tries to kill the worldserver so that it will automatically restart (this is how it worked when we hosted the server).

If you get a crash in the world.exe on start up, which a few people have, then I can only suggest to try compiling it yourself, see my post here: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ml#post3021149 (The Edge of Chaos Expansion) I know not why it is happening for some people nor how to fix it.

TheMause's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy cow Harry, This is AMAZING! I must ask, however, is there anything you have managed thus far to fix the Escape bug? as i plan on recording a Series on youtube with this, If you'll allow me, and it would quite possibly get in the way all the time. also, why are worgen disabled?

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TheMause View Post
    Holy cow Harry, This is AMAZING! I must ask, however, is there anything you have managed thus far to fix the Escape bug? as i plan on recording a Series on youtube with this, If you'll allow me, and it would quite possibly get in the way all the time. also, why are worgen disabled?
    Worgen are not enabled because they were never finished. This was a server so there are a lot of unfinished features.

I never figured out what causes the escape crash. It only happens in certain zones.

Feel free to do a series or whatever, I like seeing people enjoying my work.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    Worgen are not enabled because they were never finished. This was a server so there are a lot of unfinished features.

I never figured out what causes the escape crash. It only happens in certain zones.

Feel free to do a series or whatever, I like seeing people enjoying my work.
    Oh wow, I got a reply from the awesome author himself
    Ahh, Makes sense, Do you have somewhere for the source of the client part you were working on? I've been working with Programming for about 8-9 years now and for my A-level coursework next year, I have to make a modification to an existing game, And this looks perfect for that, So if so, I'd love to try and work on this
    Oh, The Escape thing is an interesting case, And if it only happens in certain zones, I'd like to take a look into it, so again, any chance of the client-side source?
    And lastly, Thanks! it's awesome that there are developers like you out there!

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TheMause View Post
    Oh wow, I got a reply from the awesome author himself
    Ahh, Makes sense, Do you have somewhere for the source of the client part you were working on? I've been working with Programming for about 8-9 years now and for my A-level coursework next year, I have to make a modification to an existing game, And this looks perfect for that, So if so, I'd love to try and work on this
    Oh, The Escape thing is an interesting case, And if it only happens in certain zones, I'd like to take a look into it, so again, any chance of the client-side source?
    And lastly, Thanks! it's awesome that there are developers like you out there!
    The entire client side source for this expansion can be seen in Data\patch-4.MPQ after running the installer.

A few edits are made to the WoW.exe binary, but I cannot really detail these. Edits to implement platinum currency (platinum -> gold -> server -> copper), edits to allow certain code changes that Blizzard tries to RSA key check, edits for local file loading.

The crashes are almost certainly caused by corruptions to the ADT data. Worldbuilding was done with the program Noggit which is developed by a few individuals. Although they have made great progress it is still buggy.

A-level coursework? I did A-levels in England, and for my Computing A-level I only needed to build a Java program that did some conversions from CSV into word documents using a openoffice document template. Nothing as complicated as modifying games. I wouldn't recommend doing WoW client editing/emulator stuff at all for official coursework or what have you. Although doing these things for a educational purpose in academia can often make copyright and the likes not matter, it is still questionable illegal.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    The entire client side source for this expansion can be seen in Data\patch-4.MPQ after running the installer.

A few edits are made to the WoW.exe binary, but I cannot really detail these. Edits to implement platinum currency (platinum -> gold -> server -> copper), edits to allow certain code changes that Blizzard tries to RSA key check, edits for local file loading.

The crashes are almost certainly caused by corruptions to the ADT data. Worldbuilding was done with the program Noggit which is developed by a few individuals. Although they have made great progress it is still buggy.

A-level coursework? I did A-levels in England, and for my Computing A-level I only needed to build a Java program that did some conversions from CSV into word documents using a openoffice document template. Nothing as complicated as modifying games. I wouldn't recommend doing WoW client editing/emulator stuff at all for official coursework or what have you. Although doing these things for a educational purpose in academia can often make copyright and the likes not matter, it is still questionable illegal.
    Awesome
    Ok, Fair dos
    Ok, fair enough
    and yeah, They've had to make it harder, I might chose a different program to modify if it is as hard as that ,
    But anyway, Thanks!

dillanbe20's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got the same bro :'(

I got the same :'(

pls someone help!
    When i start world.exe it crashes:
    C:\users\robi\desktop\edge of chaos\eoc>world
    [16:20][eoc] [2014-04-12 16:20:33]
    [16:20][eoc] [2014-04-12 16:20:33]
    the key combination <ctrl-c> will safely shut down the server at any time.
    [16:20][eoc] world: Beginning parallel server startup with 8 threads.
    [16:20][eoc] server has crashed. Creating crash dump file crashdumps\dump-world.
    Exe-2014-4-12-16-20-35-3572.dmp
    [16:20][eoc] crash handler: Advanced crash handler initialized.
    [16:20][eoc] saving all players to database...
    [16:20][eoc] saved 0 players.
    [16:20][eoc] mysql: Query failed: Select * from trialcreateinfo

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im pretty noob about that stuff & can u maybe look whats the problem?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Realy whant to play this can u maybe upload link on https://mega.co.nz/ ??
    [The Full Repack + Patch?] Would be awesome
    i hope u make my dream come true because this is the best repack i ever saw.

AgeofHock's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg your repacks are [GOD]like a rly big thanks for sharing your hard work.

We marketed the server as a twink server since the level cap was 19; and it really is not. Furthermore, we had underestimated how quickly players could clear content, and there was a limitation as to what you could do once you reach the end of the game. And then we started encountering issues with our emulator.
    jeah its in every game the people clear content in less than 1 week in every game ^^ thats the same in the original wow get the armor in 3-4 hours and raid until the next expansion release. And we players that need variety and go to a 3.3.5 server because the owner of the server create some custom events like worldbosses or pvp battles, or the NEWEST and best thing create so EPIC Expansions like you !
    And thats because i want to make my own expansion with my own content that i want in wow and share with other people !
    I hope the wow modding community and the interests to have their own expansion/ custom content grow to get more amazing things.
    Last edited by AgeofHock; 04-17-2014 at 05:10 PM.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dillanbe20 View Post
    I Realy whant to play this can u maybe upload link on https://mega.co.nz/ ??
    [The Full Repack + Patch?] Would be awesome
    i hope u make my dream come true because this is the best repack i ever saw.
    Maybe at the weekend if I have time... My upload speed is not that good so it is difficult for me to do this.

Originally Posted by AgeofHock View Post
    Omg your repacks are [GOD]like a rly big thanks for sharing your hard work.

jeah its in every game the people clear content in less than 1 week in every game ^^ thats the same in the original wow get the armor in 3-4 hours and raid until the next expansion release. And we players that need variety go to a 3.3.5 server because the owner of the server create some custom events like worldbosses or pvp battles, or the NEWEST and best thing create so EPIC Expansions like you !
    And thats because i want to make my own expansion with my own content that i want in wow and share with other people !
    I hope the wow modding community and the interests to have their own expansion/ custom content grow to get more amazing things.
    Glad you like it. Content like this is not that popular since it is so time consuming and difficult for amateur developers. I have never seen a popular server with good custom content.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast