Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by iotech View Post
    Dark_Spyro_003,

I checked this out on the Trinity implementation I made. All objects I tried that had a _001, or 002, or w/e appended to the name crashed the client. There are a LOT of them in there. The ones without the 00x on them did not crash the client, though some (very few) didnt spawn anything and had the error that the object has invalid data and cannot be spawned.

Edit: Seems to only crash on WMOs with this numbering thing (theyre doodad sets actually, thats why it crashes). M2s dont seem to be affected. (i.e. ArathiTree_dead_001.m2 [PATCH] works fine, AltarOfStorms_000.wmo [PATCH] crashes client... but AltarOfStorms.wmo [PATCH] is ok.

Edit2: Here's the SQL for Trinity, redone without the crashing WMOs. This may also work for Mangos, someone please confirm. Link With this change (on Trinity), the bad WMOs will still show up when you do ".lookup object" command, but you cant spawn them and it doesnt crash the client... just dont try to spawn objects with _000.wmo or _001.wmo in the name, but if you do, no harm done.

-iotech
    Thanks for the contribution, iotech. These objects were already removed from the ArcEmu SQL alltogether, they're still in the new DBC for the sake of simplicity.

~Dark_Spyro_003

[Sql/Patch] All buildings, models, etc. as Gameobjects
    XC4T4LY5TX's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BADASS with a capital ASS

VisionImp's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I may ask, I'm thinking about getting this for my server, does this effect players that may want to continue to play on retail? Like, would downloading the patch mess with anything involving playing on retail? I've been told no, but I wanted to make sure. I skimmed and didn't see any mention of retail in any posts.. so again, just wanted to make sure.

Thank you, in advance!

Reflection's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by VisionImp View Post
    If I may ask, I'm thinking about getting this for my server, does this effect players that may want to continue to play on retail? Like, would downloading the patch mess with anything involving playing on retail? I've been told no, but I wanted to make sure. I skimmed and didn't see any mention of retail in any posts.. so again, just wanted to make sure.

Thank you, in advance!

The players will be able to play retail even with the patch, but it's advised against as it can cause problems with the game during a retail patch update if you're unlucky. Best thing to do is to promote the idea of having two copies of WoW on your hard drive(s) - one for retail and one for private.

Freelance Digital Artist
    https://reflectionartwork.deviantart.com
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms

Blacksun123's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no definite answer to that question, but I believe the only negative effect it would have is... Well, nothing. At most it would do nothing. The patch just allows the game objects that are put in the DB to be shown, and even then... It can be removed easily. Just drag and drop, really.

Think of it like the nude patch, it just allows pixels to be seen. And I really don't see Blizzard randomly spawning invisible objects. So I would answer, no. It will have no negative effect.

Razmataz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There may be a little issue, but that will be over the campfire path files, which will be correct. For the benefit of safety, i'd suggest pulling the patch out of the folder and deleting the cache before logging onto retail.

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mhmm... Word Building with GOs *growl*

nicepants's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by iotech View Post
    Dark_Spyro_003,

I checked this out on the Trinity implementation I made. All objects I tried that had a _001, or 002, or w/e appended to the name crashed the client. There are a LOT of them in there. The ones without the 00x on them did not crash the client, though some (very few) didnt spawn anything and had the error that the object has invalid data and cannot be spawned.

Edit: Seems to only crash on WMOs with this numbering thing (theyre doodad sets actually, thats why it crashes). M2s dont seem to be affected. (i.e. ArathiTree_dead_001.m2 [PATCH] works fine, AltarOfStorms_000.wmo [PATCH] crashes client... but AltarOfStorms.wmo [PATCH] is ok.

Edit2: Here's the SQL for Trinity, redone without the crashing WMOs. This may also work for Mangos, someone please confirm. Link With this change (on Trinity), the bad WMOs will still show up when you do ".lookup object" command, but you cant spawn them and it doesnt crash the client... just dont try to spawn objects with _000.wmo or _001.wmo in the name, but if you do, no harm done.

-iotech
    i need help please, im using trinity 3.3.3 and when i try to spawn any object it says this "Game Object (Entry: 517844) have invalid data and can't be spawned"

i have the patch in my wow/data

wazlefish's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work man, thanks!

iotech's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nicepants View Post
    i need help please, im using trinity 3.3.3 and when i try to spawn any object it says this "Game Object (Entry: 517844) have invalid data and can't be spawned"

i have the patch in my wow/data
    You also need to extract the customized .dbc from the patch (MPQ) and use it to replace the dbc of the same nam ein your Trinity server's dbc files folder. i.e. you need the MPQ on the client, but you need both the SQL and the dbc on the server side.

bendaferi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Spyro! You are my hero

singoe's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truly epic release +rep

you know what would be awesome haha If someone organized the list of go's into categories that would just make this post uber L337

Skifa's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing, this must've took you quite alot of time éh.
    Great share.

Thedann's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it, but I have a question. How do you get your models to show from the distance you took the images at? Or was that in another program?

It irks me that when I make a town, the buildings disappear until I get right up next to them. I'm simply curious if there's a method of allowing them to be seen farther. I searched, and the only thing I found was to enable, in game, farther sight in the interface, but from the photos you have up, they all show up just fine from far off.

Razmataz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thedann; go to worldmapinfo and increase the viewdistance.
    or increase the amount of cells you load up around you.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast