0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kelso's Spellpower Deathknight Guide V.2

Well, I've recently been getting Spellpower Deathknights figured out on patch 3.1.3.

Last time I wrote a spellpower deathknight guide it was on patch 3.0.9 and in between these 2 patches how you build your SPDK has changed a lot.

Firstly, anything seen here was based upon what works and what doesn't on MY server. This was tested on Trinity Core 2 Patch 3.1.3. This may not work on your server, but I really don't have time to go and test this out on all of the different types of servers. You may find some things work on your server, and some may not. This is a standard with all exploits. Lastly, I'd like to say that the gear shown here is based upon 3.1.3. If your server has custom gear, or a later patch and this still works, then by all means gear accordingly. This guide is meant to teach you why you're choosing the items and gear you do, and where your damage is coming from. Again, this is designed to at least be able to take some damage as well.

Now, the very core of SPDK -- gear.

Items

Obviously, your 4 main stats are stamina, spellpower, critical strike rating, and haste. The first 3 is obvious, however at this point you might be wondering why I chose Haste. I'll explain that after the enchants section. In my first guide, you were relying on items that have elemental procs. These don't work anymore, at least not where I created this build. If they do work for you, refer to V1 of the the guide!

Enchants
    Now, there's not much difference here from my first guide. It still carries the same fundamentals. You'll notice on the weapons that we're using Deathfrost. Deathfrost has no internal cooldown and deals frost damage. This is literally a Godsend from Blizz because there's DK talents to increase frost damage, and with no internal cooldown you'll be proccing for around 800-1000 damage as often as it happens. THIS, is why you have haste on your gear as well.

Gems
    Gems are a little different this time around. Because we're using PvP gear which generally has higher stamina than PvE gear, you don't have to gem as much stamina. Also, this time around you may want to get some Haste gems.

Blue...............Glowing Dreadstone - Item - World of Warcraft
    Red...............Runed Cardinal Ruby - Item - World of Warcraft
    Yellow...............Quick King's Amber - Item - World of Warcraft
    Meta...............Chaotic Skyflare Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft
    Prismatic...............Runed Dragon's Eye - Item - World of Warcraft x3 (In 3.1.3 I believe this only 32 sp)
    Major Glyphs
    Minor Glyphs
    Talent Build
    The build will be 0/21/50. The talent calculator used on WoWhead is for patch 3.2 so you'll have to adjust accordingly, but if you have half a brain I'm sure you'll figure that out no problem.
    Unholy Portion
    Frost Portion

Obviously if you need to you can build upon this and change it how you see fit. You might know something I don't and can build upon that.
    Skill Rotation

This time around you're going to have to be careful after your initial laydowns, because you burn ALL of your runes quickly.

Bone Armor -> Death and Decay -> Icy Touch -> Pestilence/Bloodboil, if there's lots I'd use Pestilence -> Death Strike -> Unholy Blight

That's the very core of the rotation. While SPDK is GREAT for single target DPS, it's just as good with AoE damage. With this particular spec you're ensuring you have lots of diseases so you can heal more with Death Strike, and also so you can burn them down with DoTs. This time around, DoTs are the power behind SPDK's, not procs. We use pestilence in scenarios such as BGs to move your Blood Plague and Frost Fever over to other enemies who are probably going to be on your Death and Decay. You will destroy damage charts with these methods.
    Proof - Video and a Screenshot

Final Words and Credits

Final Words

Righto. You should have a fair understanding of what does what, where your damage comes from and why you chose the gear you did. I cannot fully detail what spells to use in combat, because that's a variable. You have to be able to react to the elements. Guide aside, I would just like to say, this is a very powerful build and quite frankly, please have the decency to not abuse it. If people ask you to stop, then stop.

Credits

Arce. I have to thank this guy for reviving the SP DK. Although he's now permanently banned for hacking on my server I caught a glimpse of his build.

Able. For showing me the new build for an extended period of time and giving me a basis to work on.

Drill. For allowing me to do a damage test on him. Sorry for killing you in a duel :P
    Have fun melting faces and take it easy.
    Last edited by kelso; 12-06-2009 at 05:07 PM.

Kelso's Spellpower Deathknight Guide V.2
    Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +Rep3 it looks like you put a lot of effort into this

Maydie's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +Rep x3 contributing, and i'd say you've put alot of effort intro this. Will test as soon as possible.

chiem's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice! I'm gonna try this in like an hour and tell u guys how it goes .

+ 3 Rep

Quick question, Is this usually bannable? Or is it bannable?
    Last edited by chiem; 12-06-2009 at 03:32 PM.
    Character Level: 63
    Goal: 80

LoveOne's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/9
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think is bannable

kelso's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by chiem View Post
    Really nice! I'm gonna try this in like an hour and tell u guys how it goes .

+ 3 Rep

Quick question, Is this usually bannable? Or is it bannable?
    This is really a variable. If it's not popular on your server, it won't be bannable. I've had a SPDK on my server for over a month now, used it, and it's still yet to become a bannable offense.

It really depends on the server.

LucasGod's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The build will be 0/21/50. The talent calculator used on WoWhead is for patch 3.2 so you'll have to adjust accordingly, but if you have half a brain I'm sure you'll figure that out no problem.
    Unholy Portion
    Frost Portion

Obviously if you need to you can build upon this and change it how you see fit. You might know something I don't and can build upon that.
    Under talent build, Unholy Portion and Frost Portion links lead to the same page.

kelso's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by LucasGod View Post
    Under talent build, Unholy Portion and Frost Portion links lead to the same page.
    Fixed.

notshort

MasterZi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on my server Dk hit for 10k death strike only and if i crit with mele this is 6k and if i crit with Blood caked blade i hit 11k so i don`t have to use spell power

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MasterZi View Post
    on my server Dk hit for 10k death strike only and if i crit with mele this is 6k and if i crit with Blood caked blade i hit 11k so i don`t have to use spell power

If you use he's gonna hit 14K each Deatch & Decay tick and 17K Frost Fever?

rudydimacali's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... is this an EXPLOIT? Or just clever use of game mechanics (talents/gear/chants)? I want to know if I can use this on a 3.2.2 server ;P +rep anyways tho, cause you put a LOT of work into this afaik.

Maydie's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its not an exploit. you cannot refer to this as exploiting, gear is made for everyone to use... You decide what to equip.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However, in some servers, SP DKs are bannable because they get too OP, but usually, they warn you first, then ban.

rudydimacali's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, stacking SP with those talents on 3.2.2 would still be OP?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on the server core. I'm not sure, But I think it was OP in VCN WoW. Can't confirm, don't play there since 3.1.3 came out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast