Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How To: Cache edit; Use any spell in the game.

This exploit guide will show you how to edit your cache and turn an item into any spell you want to use. Only items with white unusable items like Reagents or mats like Leather, or Enchanting mats etc. I recommend using Reagents that way anyone can get them, and there's plenty of reagents to choose from.

Note: This guide is not catered for random noobs that just want their hand held through the cheating process... you actually have to use common sense... I'm not holding your hand like your mom.

This also isn't guaranteed to work on your server, although it does work on most.

Alright, so first things first.. go create a cache file for your server that you want to edit. All you have to do is log onto your server and go and collect the items you want to edit, I recommend hitting up a reagents vendor, PLENTY of items in there you can hack.

Once you've bought or seen the items they will be stored in your cache, so just quit your game and open up the cache file (World of Warcraft > Cache > WDB > enUS/enGB > itemcache.wdb). You'll need a Hex editor in order to open it.. just google for a free hex editor and you'll find one pretty easy. I'm on a Mac, and i'm using an app called 0xED.

Next, now that you've opened up your cache file, go find that item you wanted to edit, I commonly use a Holy Candle for my first change, then Wild Berries, then Symbol of Divinity (All from the reagents vendor). My app has a search bar, if yours doesn't, then just Control+F it.

Now that you've found where it is, you'll need to know what to put there, so go grab the spell ID of the spell you want to use. Then use a hexadecimal to decimal conversion site to find out what the spell ID is in hex. (Or do it in your head if you're a crazy genius :P) I used hexadecimal conversion, convert decimal to hexadecimal

Now, you've got a number in hex, what you have to do is switch around the first two digits and the second two, so if I had 5CDF show up in the conversion, i'd change it to DF5C.

Now grab that hex you just made and go back to the item you found in your cache file. Go look for the big gap of 00 00 00's under the item you searched, everything about the item is in hex under it until the next item, keep going down and down until you see the start of the FF FF FF FF's, once you get to the start of them, count ten 00's back, you'll be placing your hex on the 11th and the 12th spots.

Now that you've got that done, save and exit the program, if you leave it open WoW will change it, and you can't edit a changed file or everything will get borked up, so everytime you want to reedit this cache after playing WoW (You don't have to do this if you don't open WoW) you have to close the file and reopen it, WoW must ALWAYS be closed when editing the cache file, or it will mess you up.

To use the spell, find the item you edited and just right click it like a use effect, you can bar it as well and use it there.

That's all, have fun. Any questions feel free to post them, I'm only answering PROBLEMS or questions, not "how do I do this.. ", the guide explained everything pretty well.

How To: Cache edit; Use any spell in the game.
    Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice and detailed guide, this is a post that actually belongs here.
    +Rep 2x

Vladvsemogusch's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good. ive serched this when saw this topic created. +rep sfbe

nick104's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok this is Another repost, Thisiskurt released a guide almost the same thing as this, this is more than just a "Exploit" So please im telling you ether take it off completely, or make people PM you for the guide. This hack is overused WAY to much and will be fixed on upcomeing patched servers if the info is released to the wrong people. So im asking you to please take this off and make people PM you for the guide, this way leechers do not get there hands on it, and when I say leechers im talking about the private servers admins.

This is the repost -> http://www.mmowned.com/forums/emulat...gm-spells.html
    Last edited by nick104; 08-10-2009 at 12:52 PM.

joshcorey's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried this on a server (mangos, wow patch 2.4.3), and my hands just glow as if to cast the spell, but nothing more. My hands just stay glowed until i make another action.

Any ideas?
    Thanks for the guide btws, great stuff.

I can +rep you even more if you can help me out, thanks.

cocxtel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    repost 9999999999

Vintatious's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what do I do if the hex only has three numbers, such as Uber heal over time?

Patchumz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nick104 View Post
    Ok this is Another repost, Thisiskurt released a guide almost the same thing as this, this is more than just a "Exploit" So please im telling you ether take it off completely, or make people PM you for the guide. This hack is overused WAY to much and will be fixed on upcomeing patched servers if the info is released to the wrong people. So im asking you to please take this off and make people PM you for the guide, this way leechers do not get there hands on it, and when I say leechers im talking about the private servers admins.

This is the repost -> http://www.mmowned.com/forums/emulat...gm-spells.html
    Lets comment on you first. This is not another repost, the other noob is basically hiding his guide unless you bother to PM him, this is the only PUBLIC guide on here. I'm not here to keep these exploits away from being patched, if you are a good server owner or core coder, you know that this exists already, and probably fixed it or are trying to fix it. I'm not going to be some dumb noob that hides the guide. Private Server Admins can PM just as well as you and I can, stop making excuses and trying to get these exploits hidden. Eventually they will get fixed, in the mean time have fun with them and stop trying so hard to avoid the inevitable.

Oh, and I don't listen to leechers like you anyways.. you're the definition of a leecher (High rep power, almost no posts, almost no rep, been here forever leeching without actually contributing anything or posting anything).
    Originally Posted by joshcorey View Post
    I have tried this on a server (mangos, wow patch 2.4.3), and my hands just glow as if to cast the spell, but nothing more. My hands just stay glowed until i make another action.

Any ideas?
    Thanks for the guide btws, great stuff.

I can +rep you even more if you can help me out, thanks.
    This doesn't work on Mangos to my knowledge.
    Originally Posted by cocxtel View Post
    repost 9999999999
    Thanks for the spam, but you're wrong.
    Originally Posted by Orinth View Post
    So what do I do if the hex only has three numbers, such as Uber heal over time?
    I haven't figured that out yet, I tried to find every possible combination, but i'll get back to you on that. In the meantime you can use Debuff Uber Heal Over Time. On most of the servers I tried it on it doesn't count it as a debuff, but a buff rather.
    Last edited by Patchumz; 08-10-2009 at 04:55 PM.

nick104's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok first off i SHOWED you its a repost and 2nd of all yes admins can PM you the guide but make sure if people want this guide they pm you and have more than 15 REP, this makes it more unlikely to be an admin so please take this off and have people PM you the guide. And If im a leecher so what? this leecher is giveing you the facts you cant take so please take off this guide. Im one of the people who didnt find a guide but learned it, and I dont want it to be fixed and thats for sure so take it off or let an admin move it into the elite section where we will both be happy

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nick104 View Post
    Ok first off i SHOWED you its a repost and 2nd of all yes admins can PM you the guide but make sure if people want this guide they pm you and have more than 15 REP, this makes it more unlikely to be an admin so please take this off and have people PM you the guide. And If im a leecher so what? this leecher is giveing you the facts you cant take so please take off this guide. Im one of the people who didnt find a guide but learned it, and I dont want it to be fixed and thats for sure so take it off or let an admin move it into the elite section where we will both be happy
    I didn't repost anything, he didn't POST anything in his thread that I have posted, if his is removed it's no longer in the post, right?

Thanks for the (lol...) heads up, but no, I'm not restricting it. This is an exploits forum, and I plan to treat it like that. Exploits get fixed, deal with it, we'll find new ones. Now, leave my thread before you get reported for spamming. (Yes, badgering people to take down exploits in an exploit forum, is spam)

nick104's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright im not going to argue with a 10 year old, ill have an admin take this down for me. When something like this is elite you have ether people PM you for it or it goes into the elite section so by tomorrow your thread will be gone anyways.

johm2's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much easier guide than the video. I understand completely how to do this now. Question though, how do you go about changing the name of the item? Change the HEX code that gets highlighted when you search the name?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by johm2 View Post
    Much easier guide than the video. I understand completely how to do this now. Question though, how do you go about changing the name of the item? Change the HEX code that gets highlighted when you search the name?
    I don't know, I'm still trying to figure that out.. i'll definitely post it once I do. But what I assume you need to do is replace the words with what you want, and replace the extra spaces that you didn't use with 00's, or vice versa if your name is longer than the original.

EDIT: I attempted that and it gave me a BAD_ACCESS error hen I tried logging in, so I have no clue, lol. I'll still keep trying to find out how though.

EDIT2: Try making it the same length as the old name, and if it's too short replace all the extra with spaces (Space = 20 in hex). I don't think you can make it longer though.
    Last edited by Patchumz; 08-11-2009 at 12:34 PM.

johm2's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Patchumz View Post
    I don't know, I'm still trying to figure that out.. i'll definitely post it once I do. But what I assume you need to do is replace the words with what you want, and replace the extra spaces that you didn't use with 00's, or vice versa if your name is longer than the original.

EDIT: I attempted that and it gave me a BAD_ACCESS error hen I tried logging in, so I have no clue, lol. I'll still keep trying to find out how though.

EDIT2: Try making it the same length as the old name, and if it's too short replace all the extra with spaces (Space = 20 in hex). I don't think you can make it longer though.
    Yea thats what I did. I'm using Hex Workshop and you can just change the text on the right hand side manually and see how many spaces you need to add. Still trying to figure out how to get the 3part hex code working. Thinking maybe the 11th,12th,13th codes are there? or the 10th,11th,12th.

Yohny's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guide but its useless (fixed on 90% servers).

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast