Patch 2.3.0, How to upgrade your server. (also for any other large patches) menu

User Tag List

Equ1N0X's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patch 2.3.0, How to upgrade your server. (also for any other large patches)

First of all, alot of us are in panic because our server members have upgraded to patch 2.3.0, and can't really use your server in practical terms, well don't despair. The first thing you need to do is go into your Logonserver.conf file and find the following block of text, and change the red text to what it is below.

################################################################################ #####
    # Accepted Build Range Setup
    #
    # Min Build
    # Minimum client build that is allowed to access the server
    #
    # Max Build
    # Maximum client build that is allowed to access the server
    #
    # Latest build for Wow 2.2.0 is 7272
    # Default: 7272
    ################################################################################ #####

<Client MinBuild = "6800"
    MaxBuild = "8559"> Change to 8559!!!(or the number in bottom left corner of wow login screen, for future patches)

Now players will be able to connect even if they have the newest patch, but theres no 2.3 content on your server. unlike smaller patches where you simply have to get the new DBCs and scripts, here you have to get DBCs and Scripts, but at the same time you need to update the following tables to that of a more up-to-date database.

Creature_names
    Gameobject_names
    Creature_proto
    Creature_loot
    Gameobject_spawns
    Creature_staticpawns
    Gameobject_staticspawns
    Gameobject Quest Pickup binding
    Gameobject quest finisher
    Gameobject Quest starter
    Gameobject Quest item binding
    Instances(if your server has this table)
    ZoneGuards
    items
    itemloot
    Reputation_******
    Reputation_*******
    Reputation_********
    spells112
    spell_(all ones with spells )
    Trainers_(all ones with trainer)

etc etc etc. the best thing to do is to back up any different custom items , creatures, or quests which you have the SQLs for in a single folder, and get a new up-to-date database (none released yet... be patient). now execute back your custom data(make sure its not the whole old table).

Now Your server is 2.3.0 compatible, and functional. I would get working on the database, DBCs and scripts etc for you, but very busy with book report atm, sorry about that, this guide can also be applied to other future large patches.

this is actually pretty simple but im releasing now to save the grief of forty "how do i make server 2.30 HELPZ PLOX" threads.

Patch 2.3.0, How to upgrade your server. (also for any other large patches)
    stealthpyro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Patch 2.3.0, How to upgrade your server. (also for any other large patches)

There still needs to be an update before people can connect. just changing the logon
    doesnt seem to do it..

Spritemaster300's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when my friend tried to connect after i changed that, it gives him a critical error when he tries to log in, any suggestions?
    orly? ya rly,
    NO WAI!

copyzero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it worth upgrading?

stealthpyro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont upgrade untill a new rev is released, if you want to connect to your server at least..

Illidan1's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice Shearing, but most people should no this by now
    Keep up the good work tinkerfoe

Rockerfooi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice post! Can't wait for upgrading my server ^.^
    Last edited by Rockerfooi; 11-13-2007 at 06:16 PM.

rinxx420's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can someone help..... i changed everything but the logging screen is stuck on succes >.< i have 2.3 and i dont want to downgrade any tips?

quickx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

upping the client thing in the conf's doent work...just stay at 2.2.3 or if you play retail too....copy the folder and have one at 2.2.3 and one at 2.3.0

Equ1N0X's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice Shearing, but most people should no this by now
    Keep up the good work tinkerfoe
    yeah but theres always people who come up with some stupid excuse, even after i explained everything you gotta do.

upping the client thing in the conf's doent work...just stay at 2.2.3 or if you play retail too....copy the folder and have one at 2.2.3 and one at 2.3.0
    There still needs to be an update before people can connect. just changing the logon
    doesnt seem to do it..
    when my friend tried to connect after i changed that, it gives him a critical error when he tries to log in, any suggestions?

I find it doubtful you bothered to read my entire post.
    Now players will be able to connect even if they have the newest patch, but theres no 2.3 content on your server. unlike smaller patches where you simply have to get the new DBCs and scripts, here you have to get DBCs and Scripts, but at the same time you need to update the following tables to that of a more up-to-date database.

Creature_names
    Gameobject_names
    Creature_proto
    Creature_loot
    Gameobject_spawns
    Creature_staticpawns
    Gameobject_staticspawns
    Gameobject Quest Pickup binding
    Gameobject quest finisher
    Gameobject Quest starter
    Gameobject Quest item binding
    Instances(if your server has this table)
    ZoneGuards
    items
    itemloot
    Reputation_******
    Reputation_*******
    Reputation_********
    spells112
    spell_(all ones with spells )
    Trainers_(all ones with trainer)

etc etc etc. the best thing to do is to back up any different custom items , creatures, or quests which you have the SQLs for in a single folder, and get a new up-to-date database and DBCs(none released yet... be patient). now execute back your custom data(make sure its not the whole old table).

Now Your server is 2.3.0 compatible, and functional. I would get working on the database, DBCs and scripts etc for you, but very busy with book report atm, sorry about that, this guide can also be applied to other future large patches.

this is actually pretty simple but im releasing now to save the grief of forty "how do i make server 2.30 HELPZ PLOX" threads.
    can someone help..... i changed everything but the logging screen is stuck on succes >.< i have 2.3 and i dont want to downgrade any tips?
    Amazing, i highly doubt you managed to create your own 2.3.0 DBCs and Scripts for Zul aman etc, AND created a new 2.3.0 Database on your own and still have the site n00b rank, why dont you release them so they cna be tested and improved and you cna lose the leecher?
    Last edited by Equ1N0X; 11-13-2007 at 07:22 PM.

CoolManBob's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha lol, you are a huge noob. Sure this works, but with 2.3.0 comes with a bunch of changed shit, the A9 has changed, it needs new updatefields and any added opcodes and packet structure changes, just doing this won't help much, but just create more problems, what needs to be updated is the Core along with any DB changes and updated DBC files, not the .conf files.

way2kooky's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tinker this isnt working!~!~!~!~!

Apophysis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Spritemaster300 View Post
    I am getting the same thing when i try to connect to my friends server