0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by frosticspice View Post
    internet speed and price?
    Free of charge.

As for the internet: dedicated IP-address available and 70/15mbit up at the moment. After some rough calculations 15mbit will be more than sufficient for the initial player base.

If the server catches wind in it's sails i can either upgrade the upload or move it physically or migrating it to a data center. I'm willing to cover the cost so that the realm stays donations free, might do donations for vanity items if it gets big to cover expenses.

I work as an infrastructure engineer so I'm able to help you out with the underlying architecture/VMware, databases, covering licences for windows server etc and keeping the servers healthy. I have also done some java/c++/vb programming but i have never touched scripting in wow.

I got two friends interested in building a community as well, one of them works as a coder(c++/java) and the other one studies it at a university.

As I am considering this as my new hobby and investing my spare time into this I want this project to succeed. So i want someone who is willing to do a kick ass job

We would also like the server version to be vanilla 1.12 and as blizzlike as possible.

Anyone interested?
    Last edited by fredrik444; 04-21-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Looking for a host or offering?
    Mike_A's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I'm looking for a partner that is looking to start a WoW 5.4.8-x private server and has the ambition and knowledge to make something worthwhile. All hardware/bandwidth is paid by me and is not rented. Hardware used will be told via PM. I'm searching for someone of any age or gender that knows what they are doing and wants to create a great community. I have previous experience with game server hosting, and know what is needed and what players want.

If you're interested send me a private message and we can discuss more.

gottagofast's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking for a host / partners for a 3.3.5 heavily modified server. I am a programmer with experience on WoW servers.

I have made a lot of changes to the game server, currently I have these but it's up for discussion, some of them can be removed, modified and some new ones can be added:
    + Everyone starts at level 80 with all spells and skills for their class, and all professions and recipes.
    + Whole world (all creatures) are level 80.
    + Professions don't remove reagents but they do require them.
    + All class skills and spells don't require any reagents.
    + All usable items have infinite charges (potions, mana gems, scrolls, food). So you only need one.
    + All ammo is infinite as long as you have one.
    + No durability loss.
    + Any spell cast on yourself that lasts 10 minutes or longer is infinite duration.
    + All temporary weapon enchants are infinite duration.
    + While players are at level 80 they can still gain experience, this is now called upgrade points.
    + Players can use upgrade points to buy permanent stat boosts, for example +5% Strength, +5% Haste Rating and many more. There is no limit to how much you can buy but it gets more expensive with each rank. It may be better to lower these values, I have been using 5% for solo play.
    + All instances are scaled to how many players are in a group. If you go alone you will deal much more damage and take less damage than if you go with 5 players. I made this so that if there aren't enough players you can still do the instances.
    + Completing an instance will give you an augment point, some upgrade points and increase the difficulty of the instance.
    + Players can reset any instance at any time.
    + Players can buy permanent modifications of their class abilities with augment points. An example of one such modification:
    Blizzard:
    +50% damage, +50% Radius
    These are too powerful right now (for solo play) and need to rethink the stats of all abilities to keep it balanced and still desirable.
    + Players have a ghost helper they can summon with /whistle. This is a non-combat NPC to help you with the custom stuff in the game through dialogue.
    + Every player has 10 teleport slots they can use. They can go somewhere and select mark slot in the ghost NPC. Later they can teleport to that marked spot.
    + There's also a bunch of other stuff, lots of small changes and some changes I'm not sure about if I want to keep.

I wrote this for solo or 2 people play at first so it's overpowered a lot but if I modify some of these changes it could be fun.

If you want more information or want to see / test this out send me a PM. Also if you think some of these are bad ideas or have some of your own ideas don't hesitate to contact me, like I said it's not concrete

OotHE's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    64/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fredrik444 View Post
    Free of charge.

As for the internet: dedicated IP-address available and 70/15mbit up at the moment.

the realm stays donations free

I'm able to help you out with the underlying architecture/VMware, databases, covering licences for windows server etc and keeping the servers healthy. I have also done some java/c++/vb programming but i have never touched scripting in wow.

I got two friends interested in building a community as well, one of them works as a coder(c++/java) and the other one studies it at a university.

Anyone interested?
    Hey there! I'm looking to start a server, however, I've little to no understanding about the infrastructure of servers or things like scripting but I'm currently tooling around with a Trinity Core repack. While I you mentioned you were looking more for a Vanilla server, I still wanted to at least see if you would be considering this proposition for a server:

I plan on setting up a Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a server using my friend Reznik's world model-edit, as you can see in these pictures and in the video below. He has completely reskinned the entirety of Azeroth and Outlands, with some zones being a different season to some being more grown or developed and with some zones being absolutely entirely different (like Ungoro Crater being entirely underwater). The idea is to bring a whole new light to World of Warcraft, bringing back the wonder of exploration. Namely, I want to reward players who explore and discover all of this new content Reznik has made by giving them custom quests going hand-in-hand with the Explorer's League that match with the zones' changes, meet famous explorers like Daedalus (Dopefish) and give players the capability to do this exploration better (such as a spell that acts like a double-jump, etc) and even find a hidden city dedicated to such said explorers.

Looking for a host or offering?-aj3lr8c-jpgLooking for a host or offering?-yv8wtjf-jpgLooking for a host or offering?-29txhcn-jpg

Looking for a host or offering?-mdfja9m-jpgLooking for a host or offering?-6erb00z-jpg Looking for a host or offering?-jwefibk-jpg

I've made sure to talk to him about it for his permission, as he was the one who made the giant model-edit, and he says he likes the idea of it. Unfortunately, I know little to nothing about scripting and such but I am steadily trying to teach myself SQL and how to manage the database and to hopefully learn to model-edit myself and use Noggit to continue designing the world.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reply here or message me! I appreciate any help I can get and would really like to see this project actually make it off the ground!
    Last edited by OotHE; 06-29-2014 at 12:27 AM.
    ~"In Exploration, we believe, and in Discovery we practice. Keep exploration alive!"~

xX EPIC Xx's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FileUsher - Free, Fast & Safe File Hosting

FileUsher

Free User/Guest - Premium User

Upload up to 100MB/file. - Upload up to 1GB/file.
    Download up to 10 files a day. - Download Unlimited amount.
    5 Seconds Wait time for download. - Direct downloads. No waiting.
    Download speed up to 250KB/s - Maximum download speeds possible.
    Advertsing - No advertising.
    No Download manager. - Download manager support.

https://Fileusher.com

Lusero's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I'm looking to work with anyone and maybe help with some projects or do projects. My aim is to get the practice. I've been thinking of putting a server myself, but I'm afraid it'll take too much of my time.

I forgot: I'm down to do anything. I can start with model editing and then fix whatever is needed to be fixed (coding).

Edward William's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now exchange E-currency with western union. Easy and Fast exchange perfect money, Bitcoin, Ego pay, Okpay

Exchange Perfect money

Ladrek's Avatar Sergeant GOD CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lookin to host soon ill have a HP DL380 Dual Xeon 8 Core 16GB and 300gb of empty space for use message me if you would like for someone to host for free ill do it

darklordjack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys. I'm looking for a host for a small server. I want to run it as vanilla as possible with a decently new built. I'm new to wow emulating but not emulating in general.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Issuntril's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone. I'm looking for experienced developers wanting to join me in creating a private server. I work for the CMaNGOS team (Issuntril on the forums/IRC) and the server is already online and it's a 3.3.5a WoTLK build and absolutely stable. However this has all happened over the past couple of days, and I need an experienced developer who would be interested in running the project with me and getting it off the ground. I've been in WoW emulation since the beginning, and been on the staff team for Ascent (Issuntril), ArcEmu (MrEccentric) and now CMaNGOS (Issuntril). Here are the server specs:

Processor: Quad Core E3-1220v2 3.5Ghz Xeon.
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 ECC RAM.
    Hard Disks: 4x 500GB 7,2000rpm.
    Bandwidth: Unlimited.
    Port Speed: Dedicated 1Gbit port.
    Security: Advanced DDoS protection and permanent KVMoIP connection (can't ever get shut out).

Here is the current download speed I'm achieving as of 18:01 26/10/2014.

Please message me on here if you're interested, or my Skype is Issuntril ([email protected]).

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ladrek View Post
    Lookin to host soon ill have a HP DL380 Dual Xeon 8 Core 16GB and 300gb of empty space for use message me if you would like for someone to host for free ill do it
    as i said ill host for free but i want admin rights and side of donation money i already have a server up and running so that cuts the work in half its a 3.3.5a Wolk server pm me

ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    i'm looking for a VPS windows host to build some applications on (nothing illegal, mostly fun projects that won't bring me income so I don't want to spend much). I don't need anything powerful at all, just unlimited bandwidth.

Windows 7 OS, preferred.
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

Vengfull's Avatar War is Coming - Warmonger VPS & Hosting Services
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    162/80
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello OC,

I own a web hosting company and have decided i will provide hosting for a maximum of 2 servers!

Upto a maximum of 8GB RAM with 16GB burst

500GB Max Disk Space
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    1Gbps Uplink
    DDoS Protection upto: 200Gbps
    LINUX ONLY as WINDOWS licenses cost real money on top of hardware costs

Will require ingame ads for my company and ads on your website (These can both be referal links so you can earn money by sending me clients)

razvypp's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I am looking for a wow developer to start 1 or more servers.
    I have this computer : Dell PowerEdge R810 | 4x HexaCore Xeon E7540 | 48x 2,0 GHz | 256 GB RAM (ECC), colocated in a datacenter.

To be clear I am looking for a partner ( split the profit ), I will agree to what terms of transparency you see fit for a good collaboration so you don't feel cheated.
    The person must have programming skills and know how to create / manager a wow private server.
    I will create the website and manage it.

My skype ID is: razvypp

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVH VPS SPECS
    4 Cores
    4 GB
    100GB HDD
    100MB Connection
    DDOS Protected

All i want is 10% Donations Admin Position.
    What i can bring to the table Server Admin, Webdev
    serious inquiries only

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast