0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Project

Well it's 1 AM and I'm really tired and this is when I have my best ideas. I began some of them and it's interesting what one person can do when they have no life haha. Anywho I had a nice little idea as a smaller "expansion" for private server players who are just can't wait for Cataclysm to come out. Basically I'm going to take some of what I think Cataclysm is going to be like and make it into a private server and I want other people who think about what it's going to be like to help me.

Here is most of the stuff Blizzard has released for what will be in their expansion:

• Two New Playable Races
    • Level Cap Increased to 85
    • Classic Zones Remade
    • New High-Level Zones
    • New Raids
    • Guild Advancement (levels etc.)
    • New PvP Zone & Rated Battlegrounds
    • Archaeology (New Profession)
    • Flying Mounts in Azeroth
    • New Race and Class Combinations
    • The Honor System Titles Brought Back (High Warlord, Grand Marshal etc.)

Here is what MY expansion will have:

• Level Cap increased to 85
    • A new zone specifically for PvP
    • Flying Mounts in Azeroth
    • New spells for all classes
    • A zone for leveling to 85 with quests and new mobs
    • Bringing back the Honor titles (High Warlord, Grand Marshal etc.)
    • An epic 10-Man raid involving Deathwing the Destroyer, a buffed up Ragnaros, and more unfriendly faces
    • A new armor set for each class will be found in the new raid

I know a ton of these kinds of projects get started so I decided to get some of it done right now to prove my seriousness. I currently have an area chosen for World PvP, a working 3.2.2a core, Deathwing NPC is made and fight-able but not yet scripted for the raid, a place for the raid has been found, a zone for leveling has been found, mobs for 80-85 are made but not yet placed. I still need to get the end-boss Deathwing battle scripted, place the leveling mobs, make trash mobs for the raid, make 3 more bosses for the raid (one of which is a stronger Ragnaros, need 2 more boss ideas), script those bosses, create quests, make NPC's to give the quests, create armor sets, make a 3.3a core, make new spells, implement flying mounts in Azeroth.

For the new spells, I won't be making actual new spells since that requires a lot more work then I really want put into this. I want this to be something fun and fairly simple but still challenging. Basically, fun and possible with the skills and resources of the emulation community. Anyways, the spells will just be higher ranks that deal more damage or more healing or whatever. So here is what I need:

• Armor makers
    • Boss scripters
    • NPC creators
    • Spell creators
    • Anyone who knows LUA, C++ and/or SQL is useful
    • Any other ideas from the community of what you would like to see

I do plan on making this server public as well as releasing it exclusively to MMOWNED members. I only ask that when I do release it, you keep it on these forums and use it for yourself. Don't go giving it to random server owners or whatever because it's for you guys since I learned almost everything I know about emulation here. If your interested e-mail me at [email protected] or PM me here.

Still looking for:
    Armor creators
    Quest creators
    NPC/Mob creators
    Spell creators (just giving spells higher stats, not making animations)

Progress Report:
    Class armor sets: 0/9
    Raid bosses made: 4/4
    Raid bosses scripted:4/4
    Leveling mobs created: 100%
    Raid trash mobs created: 0%
    Mobs spawned: 30%
    NPC's created: 0%
    NPC's spawned: 0%
    Mage spells: 0
    Warlock spells: 0
    Death Knight spells: 0
    Rogue spells: 0
    Priest spells: 0
    Paladin spells: 0
    Warrior spells: 0
    Druid spells: 0
    Shaman spells: 0
    Class quests completed: 0/9
    Flying Mounts in Azeroth: Yes
    Supports Newest Patch: Yes
    Setup SVN: Done
    Setup Test Server: No

NOTES:

1/18/2010: I have a basic server setup. It runs, but much of the custom content is incomplete. Unfortunately until now I have been doing much of the project myself. I'm finding it hard to continue all of this, I'll be attempting to get some more people on board with this, anyone that can do anything with private servers is helpful. Mainly item creation, I need someone who is good at creating blizz like item stats. If your interested in doing anything with this, please e-mail me or post in this thread.

1/14/2010: I was gone for quite a while over break and had testing but I am returning to the development of this project. The bosses are made and scripted, mobs are made, still working on flying mounts in Azeroth, while I'm working on that I have someone making armor sets. This is beginning to shape nicely. I will have a test server up soon but it will only be available to project devs and any donators who wish to test it, a public beta will be opened eventually and when it is, I will announce it here.
    Last edited by Megadeadlord; 01-18-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Ideas I had at 1 AM - Looking for people to help
    TheZaronz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okey? Could you point out the differences between yours and Blizzard's plans?

Megadeadlord's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly that's the thing. There's not many. I want this to be basically Cataclysm. I put both plans so you could see the similarities. The only difference is I won't be doing this until 2011 or whatever and were not doing the new races, new race/class combos or the rebuilding of Azeroth. Just adding in new stuff that's supposed to be in Cataclysm.

thebigman's Avatar Contributor Reliable Trader
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    26 (96%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Megadeadlord View Post

• Armor makers
    • Boss scripters
    • NPC creators
    • Spell creators
    • Anyone who knows LUA, C++ and/or SQL is useful
    • Any other ideas from the community of what you would like to see

I can help you out in all of those fields, my msn in my sig is also my YIM and my skype is bigbluemeanie94.

also PM me here.

alj03's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with this mate...
    Death to all but Metal.

LucasGod's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should add this in the end of the rogue's assassination tree:
    Assassinate - Spell - World of Warcraft
    Buff it, of course.

Mr. Clean's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by LucasGod View Post
    You should add this in the end of the rogue's assassination tree:
    Assassinate - Spell - World of Warcraft
    Buff it, of course.
    Rogues need more AoE
    im on :stage1:

Hezpadooka's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you could make this, I'd definitely play it, if you need any non-scripter/programmer, i'll be happy to help

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LucasGod, will definitally add that in probably will have quite a cooldown time however. And maybe a way for bosses to counter it. Don't want to make it to OP.

Keep in mind this is for people to have their ideas in a server. Post what you have, talents, spells, items, quests anything goes. We just might put it in to!

Mr. Clean's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK first i want to make sure you actually grasp the concept of what you are trying to attempt here.

1st: You must acknowledge what exactly you want to create, and what you need to do to get there.

2nd: You must be able to do all the things you want to do, yourself. There will be times where you team is not there to help you or are unavailable where you must take things into your own hands.

3rd: Recognize the actual time frame your looking at. This is not a 1-2 week project. You are probably looking at 1-2 months for 50% completion (if you have an amazing team)

Now if you can grasp all of that and fully think you can take it on, you better have already started, cause this way you can show your team you are dead serious and ready to go.

If you have, best of luck.
    im on :stage1:

Found's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im sorry not to flame or anything but your idas are almost exactly like cata

* Level Cap increased to 85
    * A new zone specifically for PvP
    * Flying Mounts in Azeroth
    * New spells for all classes
    * A zone for leveling to 85 with quests and new mobs
    * Bringing back the Honor titles (High Warlord, Grand Marshal etc.)
    * An epic 10-Man raid involving Deathwing the Destroyer, a buffed up Ragnaros, and more unfriendly faces
    * A new armor set for each class will be found in the new raid

Differences pls

Linkn's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    L0st..

Anywho I had a nice little idea as a smaller "expansion" for private server players who are just can't wait for Cataclysm to come out. Basically I'm going to take some of what I think Cataclysm is going to be like and make it into a private server

Unless I misread, hes trying to create a small scale cata, so yes, there is going to be tons of similar things :P
    Last edited by Linkn; 12-23-2009 at 02:56 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    OK first i want to make sure you actually grasp the concept of what you are trying to attempt here.

1st: You must acknowledge what exactly you want to create, and what you need to do to get there.

2nd: You must be able to do all the things you want to do, yourself. There will be times where you team is not there to help you or are unavailable where you must take things into your own hands.

3rd: Recognize the actual time frame your looking at. This is not a 1-2 week project. You are probably looking at 1-2 months for 50% completion (if you have an amazing team)

Now if you can grasp all of that and fully think you can take it on, you better have already started, cause this way you can show your team you are dead serious and ready to go.

If you have, best of luck.
    Thank you and I have already started. I am going to add a progress report on here right now and I'll update frequently. Also I do know SQL, LUA, C++, Core development, etc. So I can do almost everything I need to. A few things I might need some help with but fortunately I have that help. And I understand the length of this. It's still going to take a while even though it's a smaller Cataclysm, (no full world remodel like blizz is doing etc.) so I know what I'm getting into. I am still looking for more people to help also. So far there's two people. However we've gotten some stuff done so trust me when I say were serious.

truekush's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like you have a long process in front of you if you need any help tell me what core you are useing and send me 1 finished set of the class you made......and i will make a few other sets for other classes that are equal in power to the one u send me.. feel free to pm me it.
    It sounds like a very fun project and i cant wait to see it when it is done.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was gone for quite a while over break and had testing but I am returning to the development of this project. The bosses are made and scripted, mobs are made, still working on flying mounts in Azeroth, while I'm working on that I have someone making armor sets. This is beginning to shape nicely. I will have a test server up soon but it will only be available to project devs/donators, a public beta will be opened eventually and when it is, I will announce it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast