0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[WARNING] AC Web Ultimate Repack 7.7

It has recently come to my attention that there may be a problem with the AC Web Ultimate Repack 7.7 from "ac-web.org". I have had two friends that downloaded this repack on the same night, and both of their retail WoW accounts have gotten hacked. Then just last night, my friend's account, created 5 days ago, was just hacked. He had also downloaded this repack.

Therefore, I suspect that a keylogger exists inside of the program. A keylogger gets inside your system, hides, and knows what you typed, and where, including passwords. The impact of the keylogger depends on the person running it, this person, I believe, is only after warcraft accounts. However, I'm not certain and this keylogger could find out your bank account, Myspace, Facebook, WoW account, anything you type on the computer you downloaded this from.

As I have said, it's only a guess, but I am pretty certain. Therefore, if you suspect you have a keylogger, there are two ways to solve it, one is a way around it, the other is to get rid of it.

To get rid of it, simply wipe your hardrive, and re-install Windows.

A more simple, and less drastic way is to go into Control Panel>Accessibility>On Screen Keyboard. Therefore since the keylogger detects keystrokes, you can simply click the button on the on screen keyboard. Therefore, anytime you insert personal information, Passwords or usernames etc., use the keyboard.

Hope this helps,

-Ledz

[WARNING] AC Web Ultimate Repack 7.7
    TheZaronz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O rly ? :S

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There needs to be more proof like a virus scan or something. Also your friends may of fallen for a Youtube scam or a phishing scam etc. Just a a guess
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Power of Illuminati's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    6/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As it seems that only your group of friends that has fallen for a keylogger in the same time they downloaded the repack from ac-web offial website, I don't think it's the repack

It's bigger chance that one of your friends got affected of this keylogger/trojan and your friend sended files (music, pictures or w/e) to eachother. And well, the biggest chance to get this is by downloaded stuff from torrent sites, using downloaded programs or... visiting "special webpages"

Succy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with 2d, and was this file offically posted by Jargs? And please try to scan the files using Virus File Scanner . Cause we can't really trust a leecher coming in here saying some shit about AC-Web, maybe this is just to a way for you to keep us out of AC-Web just as revenge for something?

ledz14's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm not against AC-Web, I'm just warning you of the possibility

WiKKiD's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A. Virus scanners RARELY pick up keyloggers. A keylogger is so incredibly easy to make and embed, that virus scanners have to scan for SPECIFIC keyloggers. Unless you have a resident shield that monitors for things like keylogging.

B. "Pictures and Music" as mentioned above can not contain virus'. Virus' come in the form of an executable file. EXE, COM, various script extensions, and even a BAT file can ruin ya if you're not careful. But MP3's, JPG's, etc, can not contain virii.

C. There was a recent exploit with Adobe Flash Player (as anyone that has used the wow client has seen)... I would suspect you 3 friends have all visited the same web sites over the last little while, and this is your source of problems.

If it was the AC web repack, their forums would fill with similar complaints very quickly (Which they haven't).

Upgrade your Adobe flash.

Just my $.02, but I can assure you I've spent a great time dealing with viral infections in my professional life. People will blame anything under the sun, but rarely actually know how these virus' work. It's pretty hard to get infected if you're informed. This Adobe Flash exploit being a HUGE exception t this rule.

In all honesty, the best possible way to prevent anything from happening, is to download VirtualPC (it's free, from MS) and install a Windows Virtual Machine. Run everything you're unsure of in your virtual machine. You will never ever risk infecting your main pc with anything ever again.

P.S. You can run a fully functional server from within a virtual machine. For what it's worth, 90% of the private servers out there are run on this exact type of setup.
    Last edited by WiKKiD; 06-02-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Thanks G/R
    6/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Music and moves can contain viruses yes

Viruses has been found in .mp3 files

And it's most trojans that hides when you download stuff from torrents etc

ledz14's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, but I just wanted to help ppl, and earn rep. Obviously I only got scolded because of it.

WiKKiD's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Power of Illuminati View Post
    Music and moves can contain viruses yes

Viruses has been found in .mp3 files

And it's most trojans that hides when you download stuff from torrents etc
    Uhm, no. See.. An mp3 is never "executed". It's played, by other software. Some people use Windows Media Player. Some people use Winamp, etc, etc.

You will not find a virus in mp3's, I'm sorry.

F-Secure Hoax Information Pages: MP3 Virus for reference.

Thanks G/R
    6/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are telling a community like this(mmowned) something about another community, you must have great proof that it's the truth

I can't just go and say that I am the leader of Illuminati ( = Kinda as the ruler of the world), would you belive me? Oo

Getting some off-topic here but I must answer WiKKiD answer on what I wrote

It's possible, but it's rare with real viruses only.

I got a father(yes I will bring in my dad in this!) that works kinda with this, atleast he know atleast something about everything. So I asked him before I wrote that if it was possible, and I got a yes that it has been found a few times in .mp3 files, that was realy music.

And it's fairly new
    Last edited by Power of Illuminati; 06-02-2008 at 01:04 PM.

ledz14's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, I mean, I don't know shit about computers, my friend does tho, he is a genius, teaches college courses on scripting, and stuff, he told me about it, so I decided to tell MMOwned

WiKKiD's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Power of Illuminati View Post
    If you are telling a community like this(mmowned) something about another community, you must have great proof that it's the truth

I can't just go and say that I am the leader of Illuminati ( = Kinda as the ruler of the world), would you belive me? Oo

Getting some off-topic here but I must answer WiKKiD answer on what I wrote

It's possible, but it's rare with real viruses only.

I got a father(yes I will bring in my dad in this!) that works kinda with this, atleast he know atleast something about everything. So I asked him before I wrote that if it was possible, and I got a yes that it has been found a few times in .mp3 files, that was realy music.

And it's fairly new
    I'll not call anyone wrong. But I suspect what you're being told, is in reference to what I linked. There was a rumored virus in mp3 files, yes. There was a big hoax about it, yes. But it was nothing more than a hoax.

I won't get overly technical, but just think of how many different ways there are to play an mp3 file. Software, hardware, etc, etc. This "mp3 virus" would need to exploit vulnerabilities in the player it's being played on.. There's just simply too many different mp3 players out there for it to be viable method of attack.

Much easier to name your virus "hitband - hitsong.mp3.exe" and let the people that don't see how clearly that is wrong, state that they got a virus from an mp3.

Anyways, I apologize for going somewhat off topic (thos the topic is indeed about virus'). But being informed is the #1 way to protect yourself when it comes to virus infections. Knowing what to look for is a huge addition to anti-virus software.

roguesownu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Security Alert – Flash Vulnerability
    Posted by: Blizzard| 5-28-08
    A recent vulnerability has been discovered in popular web-content delivery program Adobe Flash, and it could potentially be used to target World of Warcraft players and accounts. The newest available version of Adobe Flash, version 9.0.124.0, does not contain this vulnerability, and we recommend that everyone upgrade their Flash player as soon as possible by visiting the Adobe.com download page at the link below.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/...

In addition, to avoid exploitation of this vulnerability, we have temporarily disabled the ability to post hyperlinks in our forums. Any links will need to be copied and pasted into a browser. We’ll continue to evaluate any potential security threats and take any steps necessary to ensure a safe and fun environment.

For more information on this issue, you can read the announcements from the Adobe security team concerning the threat at the links below. (I DIDNT COPY THE LINKS)

It could be related to this maybe?
    The following statement is true
    The previous statement is false

SectorSeven's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'm not going to lie, adding a keylogger into ascent-world.exe isn't hard in C++

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast