Any success with debugging the client? I've tried many methods here, but I'm always crash and burn menu

User Tag List

Glitt's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    8/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any success with debugging the client? I've tried many methods here, but I'm always crash and burn

What I've tried
    - remote VM with gdbserver
    - scyllahide
    - titanhide
    - windbg preview (kernel to VM com port)

In the past I tried some of the OC methods of modifying the client, but I'm not really willing to go this route anymore especially if there is an alternative. The other thing I'll eventually try is kernel debugging a separate physical system. I have higher hopes for this, but it would be nice to know before investing in another screen and some gear if this isn't even worth the trouble.

My final attempt would be some all-kill win api hook setup to defeat everything in usermode. I don't think I need to hush warden because I don't think it's involved in this process other than possibly monitoring the activity of certain events. Please let me know if you are having luck with debugging and TY.

edit: I'm being a bit greedy in my desire here. I think I really just need a method to dump properly and rebuild the IAT first. After a bit more practice, I can look into the debug thing...
    Last edited by Glitt; 04-01-2023 at 01:47 AM. Reason: hmm

Any success with debugging the client? I've tried many methods here, but I'm always crash and burn
    ValikK's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use CE for debugging.It's work for me

alup's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ValikK View Post
    what debugger do you use(VEH or windbg)? Wow crash, when I use windbg and with VEH i got VEH dll error. Did you tried it on vanilla version?

UwuTheBoi's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ValikK View Post
    No, it does not without defeating the anti debug stuff. Even with kernel debugger or veh

namreeb's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    7/215
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Glitt View Post
    edit: I'm being a bit greedy in my desire here. I think I really just need a method to dump properly and rebuild the IAT first. After a bit more practice, I can look into the debug thing...
    GitHub - namreeb/dumpwow: Unpacker for World of Warcraft

6. Thanks Glitt, Heroku, Valediction (3 members gave Thanks to namreeb for this useful post)
    dogesharp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Methods:
    1.find and patch all anti-debug functions to debug.(Wow patched userbreakpoint function(2 functions) to prevent debugger attach and also check the patched bytes are restored),also they remapped text with SEC_NO_CHANGE what you cant set softBP)
    2.use CE DBVM debugger
    3.use HardwareBP and hook get/setContextThread(in kernel) to hide debug operation.
    4.rewrite all the debugport related functions in kernel to 'hide' the debugger.(Must use VM tech)

8. Thanks air999 (1 members gave Thanks to dogesharp for this useful post)
    aeo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    84/62
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In retail they also hook KiUSerDispatchException or used to. So you have to handle that as they will catch most exception types.

Thanks G/R
    8/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the responses I'm going to take another crack at by patching their winAPI

Thanks G/R
    8/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It turns out knowing all the things is nice, but as long as you can understand shit, it's even better to just focus on the parts you're succeeding at.

I have a nice MM project I'm willing to share as long as you aren't a noob. Don't necessarily have to offer something in return just that you aren't a moron.

p.s. I deleted Discord once again and it won't let me recover even though I still have access to the email it says it's sending out a recovery to. Long story short, I'm not trying to be a dick and ghost you.

PassGuard's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Glitt View Post
    What I've tried
    - remote VM with gdbserver
    - scyllahide
    - titanhide
    - windbg preview (kernel to VM com port)

In the past I tried some of the OC methods of modifying the client, but I'm not really willing to go this route anymore especially if there is an alternative. The other thing I'll eventually try is kernel debugging a separate physical system. I have higher hopes for this, but it would be nice to know before investing in another screen and some gear if this isn't even worth the trouble.

My final attempt would be some all-kill win api hook setup to defeat everything in usermode. I don't think I need to hush warden because I don't think it's involved in this process other than possibly monitoring the activity of certain events. Please let me know if you are having luck with debugging and TY.

check my video :

13. Thanks DarkLinux, xzidez, fancy (3 members gave Thanks to PassGuard for this useful post)