2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to find base address of my target

Hello! First of all, I am kinda new in all of this, so I can misunderstand something, but anyways
    I am working on Cheat Engine table for WoW 5.4.8 private server (XYZ hacks)

They allow me to change my Z coordinate without any restrictions, swim-flyhacking, no collision and other classic stuff
    For all of this I am using pointers to my player base address + offsets, no problem with that
    I found out, that with priest's mind control you can do anything movement-related that you can do with your own character, but it works the way, that you need to manipulate struct of your target, while struct of your character is unaffected

Problem is, I can find it's base address manually (scanning Z crd / changing it and scan again etc.), but it is taking too long and I have to do it with every target I mind control
    So I assume that I can find some pointers to current struct that I have control over
    I cant figure out how to find it. I can get my current target's GUID, but it is not related to actual struct of that target
    I know that any unit struct (at least players and mobs) are containing its GUID in specific offset and I know that offset
    Tried to find what address contains my current target base, but it is only 1 address that is not changing if I switch targets
    Then, I thought that camera struct can give me pointer to struct that it is attached to, but failed with this one too
    My offsets:
    Code:
    Player base: [["Wow-64.exe"+141C2D0] + 0x1B0] + 0
    XYZ of struct: 0x18, 0x1C, 0x20
    GUID of struct: 0x208
    GUID of current target: "Wow-64.exe"+14A20D8
    Z crd of current camera unit: "Wow-64.exe"+1365DA0
    So, I need to know how to find what struct is currently affected by my in-game movement commands
    Idk if it is possible with Cheat Engine, but wanna hear your thoughts
    (sry for my english)
    Last edited by Jirno; 03-24-2023 at 09:13 AM.

How to find base address of my target
    CanadianSyrup's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to use CGUnit_C::m_activeMover (0x00D0F3EC for 5.4.8 18414) to get the active mover GUID, and then use object manager to find the corresponding object, I believe that should work when using mind control.

Jirno's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CanadianSyrup View Post
    You might want to use CGUnit_C::m_activeMover (0x00D0F3EC for 5.4.8 18414) to get the active mover GUID, and then use object manager to find the corresponding object, I believe that should work when using mind control.
    Yeah, I worked it out. But I still decided to use active target instead of mouseover, so there can't be any accidents like mouse slipping