Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[3.3.5] GameObject Facing and Transport Offset search

Hey guys.

I am currently learning about Memory reading and took a little step back, from a live server to a private 3.3.5 one (So I have offsets available and can focus on the actual memory reading part).

I am currently in the process of generating objects around the player, that are not static to the world, for proper object avoidance in a navfinding scenario.
    But I got stuck on the object orientation. I searched through pretty much any offset thread in the forum about the 3.x era, looked at all position related threads and also looked at public bots for information.
    I even started trying to use cheatengine and just pure bruteforce to get this rotation offset somehow, but got no luck.

The only thing I found so far is the "ParentRotation", which does have rotation information, but apparently not the right ones.

I am not advanced enough in memory "research" (I got no idea how to decompile wow and find those offsets properly yet), so I was hoping if someone maybe has a offset laying around or could explain the process a bit how to find it?

Another question was, how does one get the current transport a Unit is on.
    I've seen people talk about a "vtable" to get the transport, but I cant find any information about what that is or how to use it properly.
    EDIT: Of course the moment I post this I figure it out Ignore the transport question. Managed to find it.

I would also be extremely interested in someone teaching memory research.
    I already looked at books and other resources, but it's still black magic to me.
    Relying on other peoples offset is kinda a bummer, because of problems like this.

Here a little visualization where I am at. As you can see, the objects facing is very incorrect.

Last edited by SatyPardus; 09-30-2022 at 06:02 AM.

[3.3.5] GameObject Facing and Transport Offset search
  2. Thanks Corthezz (1 members gave Thanks to SatyPardus for this useful post)
    SatyPardus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    15/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it always, that when you are stuck with a problem for hours or days, that as soon as you post a question or ask someone you get it?

After posting the question I was looking through the offset threads again and looked when the offset actually changed.
    I noticed that the Facing offset seem to just have disappeared between 3.2.0 and 3.2.2 with nobody mentioning it.

Though than I remembered, as I just found the offset for the transport GUID, that I have to do matrix math to transform the units position.

Then it clicked for me.
    The matrix is there. I know the matrix.

Some quick math and some Left to Right hand conversion later, I had the rotation of objects.

(For anyone wondering what the matrix offset is for gameobjects in 3.3.5 12340: [objbase + 0x1a8] - its 16 float values)

The result is now this:

4. Thanks Corthezz, Hazzbazzy, Miksu (3 members gave Thanks to SatyPardus for this useful post)