0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOTLK Classic client + MPQs

Looking to get a head start on moving my TBC work to the WOTLK client and haven't been invited to the beta yet.

It's my hope someone might be able to help with the client + MPQ's so that I can start generating the Detour meshes.

WOTLK Classic client + MPQs
    aeo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    84/62
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but wow hasn't used MPQ files in 8 years. WowDev

Vragoth's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could still use the old mmaps mesh files from 3.3.5 to feed to detour. That's how a lot of bots have been built through classic and classic tbc.

jnco's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vragoth View Post
    You could still use the old mmaps mesh files from 3.3.5 to feed to detour. That's how a lot of bots have been built through classic and classic tbc.
    That's what I've been using - I mistakenly thought they'd just use MPQ's like the original WOTLK.

Still, if someone has the client, that'd be great. Even a SHA of the client would be helpful if nobody is willing to take the risk of uploading it.

xalcon's Avatar Contributor ふたなり
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    20/58
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually started grabbing most of install files up to WotLK from World of Warcraft Client and Installation Archive : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
    Trying to find a webhost that allows me to upload the 20GB installation of the clean 12340 install. Message me and I can share the link once its uploaded. Alternatively, you can use archive.org to download the install files one by one yourself

// edit:
    found a webhost, so I anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. Not going to share this publicly considering the data volume and the fact I've to pay for traffic.
    Last edited by xalcon; 08-01-2022 at 09:26 AM.
    "Threads should always commit suicide - they should never be murdered" - DirectX SDK

unsigned's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    11/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone got a bit more info on WOTLK Classic ClientDB / DB2 stuff? have been reversing it for a couple days.

From what I've gathered, its using CASC to access the .idx files in Data/ etc., but am still confused on the different types of DB2 listed in Just a moment....

I've managed to find WowClientDB2::GetRow and can call it internally, which returns the address of the row but I'm stuck trying to figure out the actual structure of the data & how to read columns etc.