67/100
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by oiramario View Post
    I use WinProc injection, which should not be the problem of calling mode. Because the script and wow are actually multithreaded issue, the script is running all the time, and wow may have switched scenes at this time. For example, in the battlefield, the character is getting on the horse and using item.name() through VMT call. However, wow has cleared all objects in the battlefield, resulting in pure call error.
    My preliminary idea is, is there a way to know that the current object address is an object base class pointer?
    I've never had an issue with pointers grabbed from the ObjectManager just up and dying, I only store GUIDs and fetch objects again every time I need to access them.

No performance issues, even in the most crowded areas, not sure I see a reason to store objects at all especially since they are relatively volatile.

Anyways, one hacky fix I can think of is to ensure the CGObject::m_Type; is a valid type, otherwise the memory that was previously allocated. to the object is no longer relevant, probably, at least.
    Last edited by ChrisIsMe; 10-14-2021 at 07:22 AM.

[TBC Classic] [2.5.2 40488]
    oiramario's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    36/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see your point, I'll try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12