Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stealth Players (TBC Classic)

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to get the location of nearby stealthed players from memory (their XYZ coordinates).

Is this possible? Or are the locations of stealthed players kept server side until they unstealth?

I haven't started working on WoW yet, but plan to start soon and would really appreciate if anyone could answer this question. Basically I would like to make some sort of ESP to let me know the location of nearby stealthed players.

Thank you.

Stealth Players (TBC Classic)
    jimmys96's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    224/210
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serverside until they're visible

culino2's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    139/72
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before cata it was possible to use CMSG_QUERY_OBJECT_POSTION. QUERY_OBJECT_ROTATION worked for a while after that but I guess it's also gone now. They just forgot to lock down the debug packets.
    They even fixed spell casting on stealthed units your object manager is not aware of in MoP or WoD. Another possiblity was to use the stealthed unit as 'transporter' and it became visible but this was fixed quickly.

There might be still a way somehow but nothing I'm aware of.

e: If I were you I would play around with SetActiveMover, the server never fully ignored this packet and together with movement packets players did weird animations that could be seen by everyone. Maybe something magic happens on stealthed units. The server could send you movement updates of the unit you're semi-controlling, worth a look.
    Last edited by culino2; 06-25-2021 at 09:00 AM.

dumptruck's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by culino2 View Post
    Before cata it was possible to use CMSG_QUERY_OBJECT_POSTION. QUERY_OBJECT_ROTATION worked for a while after that but I guess it's also gone now. They just forgot to lock down the debug packets.
    They even fixed spell casting on stealthed units your object manager is not aware of in MoP or WoD. Another possiblity was to use the stealthed unit as 'transporter' and it became visible but this was fixed quickly.

e: If I were you I would play around with SetActiveMover, the server never fully ignored this packet and together with movement packets players did weird animations that could be seen by everyone. Maybe something magic happens on stealthed units. The server could send you movement updates of the unit you're semi-controlling, worth a look.
    Thanks for the infos! I will look into it.

ChrisIsMe's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    67/100
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still lots of exploits with transport, creator, all the GUID

Some of the big teleport/speed exploits came from setting the Mover GUID too, but I think those are for the most part, all fixed. I think blizzard has even implemented some Server side protection for most of them, so I doubt I'll ever find

culino2's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    139/72
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ChrisIsMe View Post
    Still lots of exploits with transport, creator, all the GUID

Some of the big teleport/speed exploits came from setting the Mover GUID too, but I think those are for the most part, all fixed. I think blizzard has even implemented some Server side protection for most of them, so I doubt I'll ever find
    The fall_land teleport exploit with a disconnect before you reach your destination should still work to my knowledge. Some public hacks had it implemented for retail iirc.

Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fall_land teleport exploit with a disconnect before you reach your destination should still work to my knowledge. Some public hacks had it implemented for retail iirc.
    Fixed, thanks to all those dickheads farming Black Lotus on classic, lol. Hope everyone enjoys running!

8. Thanks culino2 (1 members gave Thanks to Jadd for this useful post)