29/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Navmesh from Classic TBC?

I'm trying to dump navmesh from the classic TBC instance. Obviously not expecting Wowmap to work out of the box as it's 5 years out of date but looking for some potential pointers in the right direction.

I can see that Classic/Retail use the same data directory now and looks like there's no direct MPQs?

I'm not looking for compiled code but if anyone has any good places to look, that'd be much appreciated.

My next step I imagine would be downloading a classic emu WoW directory and dumping the navmesh from that instead of using classic. I can't imagine they are too dissimilar.

Navmesh from Classic TBC?
  2. Thanks ChrisIsMe (1 members gave Thanks to Reghero for this useful post)
    Sellingmydruidlol's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can just dump the MPQ files from the original 2.4.3 build with Mang0s, there are couple prebuilt extractors online. As far as I know, they're exactly the same except for a couple BG changes made to prevent druids from going out of bounds.

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sellingmydruidlol View Post
    You can just dump the MPQ files from the original 2.4.3 build with Mang0s, there are couple prebuilt extractors online. As far as I know, they're exactly the same except for a couple BG changes made to prevent druids from going out of bounds.
    This is a throwback. I think MPQEditor was a popular one.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

Reghero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    29/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anything recent that works with the newer structure? I've got some data from Mang0s now which is great but obviously it'd be nice to run an export against the latest content.

sendeos23's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    22/10
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to run against the latest structure you are going to have to write your own geometry extraction process.

Take a look at WoWExportTools by Marlamin on github - while a little bit outdated now its a good starting point if you have nothing to work with.

The repo is outdated but if you dig around at some of the other stuff he has on github and upgrade the nuget dependencies you should get somewhere.

Good luck

7. Thanks Reghero (1 members gave Thanks to sendeos23 for this useful post)
    0xd5d's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    22/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just seen this thread post which look very promising! I'm trying to do exactly the same.
    Were you able to generate a navmesh for wow classic tbc Reghero?

klumpen's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    31/12
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but maps didn't change between 1.x.x-3.x.x. It's only when Cataclysm rolled out that we saw larger changes to the old world & outland.
    Given that, I would go for the 'most maintained' set of extractors for any game version of 2.x.x up to 4.x.x.
    I can think of a few emulators that have posted their installation/build instructions w/ extractors on Github.

I did so, and after a little bit of wrapping my head around basic C++ calls I've got a working straight/smooth path implementation against the maps I need.
    I hope that wasn't too vague.

oiramario's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    36/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I extracted the pathfinder from the mangos code. Through the test, I found that mmaps only includes the ground gae and large buildings, and gameobject obstacles are not included, which will lead to being stuck when searching the way. I want to know how you deal with it?
    @klumpen could you give me some advice?

InnerSilence's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    13/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by oiramario View Post
    I extracted the pathfinder from the mangos code. Through the test, I found that mmaps only includes the ground gae and large buildings, and gameobject obstacles are not included, which will lead to being stuck when searching the way. I want to know how you deal with it?
    @klumpen could you give me some advice?
    Well, there are some game objects that are dynamically set by the server (like Mailboxes). You can not read their locations from the client files. Back then honor buddy profile makers could define list of blackspots which were actually used to mark a tile as unwalkable so it would not participate in the path finding. Another solution is to create a customize tool and add those objects to the maps manually before generating navmeshes.

aeo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    84/62
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to add game objects manually. This project is a good starting point( uses CASC and db2 changes)

TheNoobBot/GameObjectHelper.cs at ef2151c6cfbb02b261a1e48f02d80f15dd82a68b . mmalka/TheNoobBot . GitHub

You can see here, he collectes all the gameobjects, saves a sql db, and adds the objects on map generation.

13. Thanks oiramario, Razzue (2 members gave Thanks to aeo for this useful post)