Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the theory behind an auction house bot?

I'm currently dabbling in the idea of an auction house bot. Afaik there aren't a lot and the ones that exist are either bad or being kept private. When searching the threads here it doesn't really seem like it's been a topic of discussion either. So I was wondering, how have people gone about making AH bots? Since so much of the auction house API can be handled by WoW, I figured it make sense to keep all the logic addon-sided, and then ask for hardware events from an injected DLL through coloring pixels. Would it be easier to use a lua unlocker? Never used one but from what I've heard warden likes to pick up on those.

Now for the actual when to buy and sell, I figure there might be a better sources of information, since auction house trading isn't specific to WoW. But if there is a general guide somewhere on how to at least turn profit that would be nice. Since the demand for WoW items change so sporadically based on patches and such, maybe a short time flipping strategy is the best?

What's the theory behind an auction house bot?
    charles420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    25/119
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i started off org back in day at 70 ish with using a addon and feeding my bot info from memory reading that info then buying, selling , undercutting and buying miss posted items fast future me moved onto a actual bot that scans ah out of process no addons i made a little better to sell in-between town runs / vendor runs of botting sometimes stand alone ah on some severs just to buy sell miss posted items and jack prices up .
    on that note ill break down why each kinda is sorta better

lua unlocker / addon
    - can be out in world farming grab info on auctions not near ah and have program respond to that / hearth if gets data of undercut etc at least use to not sure this still works
    - easier to make as long as you have access to lua unlocker and or your fav addon
    - less offsets / maybe none to update
    - if addon becomes obsolete might have to program one or modify your bot to use a new one
    - relies a lot on other peoples stuff

out of process
    - a lot more offsets you need to achieve same info as lua / addon
    - more reversing stuff at start
    - update each patch
    - wont get same info as some of the top addons for being a ah farmer
    - only relies on patchs / blizz breaking stuff
    Code:
    .data:0000000002F6EFA8 AuctionListCount
    .data:0000000002F6EFB0 AuctionList
    .data:0000000002F6EFC8 AuctionOwnerCount
    .data:0000000002F6EFD0 AuctionOwnerList
    .data:0000000002F6EFE8 AuctionBidderCount
    .data:0000000002F6EFF0 AuctionBidderList

Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wrote one a few years ago that was basically a better version of TSM and worked completely AFK. I fed it market analytics from the TSM API for US/EU and from the Bnade API for Chinese servers. The LARGE majority of profit, however, was just taken from sniping people's mistakes (eg. listing values as stack price instead of unit price.) They've since changed the UI pretty dramatically to prevent those mistakes.

You'll also get hit with "Abuse of Economy" bans on US/EU.

I wouldn't bother. Just stick to regular botting, the ban rate is the same and the profits are better.

karnkore's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They recently did a banwave for this, they also really dislike 'abuse of economy'. In terms of implementing it you have the battle net auction house API, TSM data, undermine journal data. You can use a lua unlocker or call the functions directly if you are pro. You could even make it work with simple pixel reading im sure. I remember in GW2 some dude made an auction house bot that was fully external and only clicking the ingame UI to buy things with pixel detection. It was super simple but got the job done for many months until I got banned lol, but im sure if I wrote one myself it would be even safer I was just being lazy and used some $5 a month bot.

42stein's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jadd View Post
    I wrote one a few years ago that was basically a better version of TSM and worked completely AFK. I fed it market analytics from the TSM API for US/EU and from the Bnade API for Chinese servers. The LARGE majority of profit, however, was just taken from sniping people's mistakes (eg. listing values as stack price instead of unit price.) They've since changed the UI pretty dramatically to prevent those mistakes.

You'll also get hit with "Abuse of Economy" bans on US/EU.

I wouldn't bother. Just stick to regular botting, the ban rate is the same and the profits are better.
    Ever tried that by including crafting?

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1133
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sellingmydruidlol View Post
    I'm currently dabbling in the idea of an auction house bot. Afaik there aren't a lot and the ones that exist are either bad or being kept private. When searching the threads here it doesn't really seem like it's been a topic of discussion either. So I was wondering, how have people gone about making AH bots? Since so much of the auction house API can be handled by WoW, I figured it make sense to keep all the logic addon-sided, and then ask for hardware events from an injected DLL through coloring pixels. Would it be easier to use a lua unlocker? Never used one but from what I've heard warden likes to pick up on those.

Now for the actual when to buy and sell, I figure there might be a better sources of information, since auction house trading isn't specific to WoW. But if there is a general guide somewhere on how to at least turn profit that would be nice. Since the demand for WoW items change so sporadically based on patches and such, maybe a short time flipping strategy is the best?
    Basic strategy for any form of market trading is Buy item n when >market avg. Then again why do this with wow? Why not do it with sports or something where you have a lot of irrational players in the market?

If I had to do this to make a living I'd do that, though I'd want to check out seeding strategies where you post item below market value in order to dupe people who aren't paying attention. It isn't really practical for a human to exploit that but a computer.... Then again its kind of a scumbag move so maybe not...but its interesting from a non-ethical standpoint.

Pricing efficiencies like mistakes yield the highest % returns but it is difficult to get volume.
    Last edited by advanta; 08-31-2021 at 08:37 PM.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 42stein View Post
    Ever tried that by including crafting?
    I was doing over 100 servers with level 1 characters, so no.

Thongs's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in the day (when Horde/Alliance AH was still separate), I wrote a bot that would profit by trading between factions. It would find items that were a bargain on one faction, automatically transfer it to the other faction using the neutral AH, and sell it at a markup. It used the API to track average market prices on each faction, similar to what TheUndermineJournal does. It performed great and I made some nice profit selling gold before Blizzard caught on and started hitting me with heaps of abuse of economy bans.