1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about rotation bots

I am just coming back to wow, I was thinking of making a rotation bot, just trying to understand how they work.

The easiest way seems to be to have a lua addon and then simply read the pixels in an external app that sends keys. There is even already established free wow addons that would enable this easily.

The only real missing piece of the puzzle is how to automate things like healing and dispelling efficiently?

Lets say we have a caster that goes to a BG and wants to constantly dot multiple targets, purge enemy buffs, dispel debuffs on allies.

It would be easy to scan your own party with lua but how would you deal with multiple enemy targets? How does aimsharp do this? also how does aimsharp select party members? with mouse?

My only ideas so far are: constantly be cycling with tab key and do logic that way or read memory and iterate the object manager, but then how would you target things instantly?

I was really hoping to avoid lua unlockers and dll injectors.

Anyone who has worked on such a thing can give some tips? aimsharp looks very good and that claims to be pixel based only, but I dont want to buy it just to try it, would rather make my own.

Thanks

Question about rotation bots
    ChrisIsMe's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    67/100
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by karnkore View Post
    I am just coming back to wow, I was thinking of making a rotation bot, just trying to understand how they work.

The easiest way seems to be to have a lua addon and then simply read the pixels in an external app that sends keys. There is even already established free wow addons that would enable this easily.

The only real missing piece of the puzzle is how to automate things like healing and dispelling efficiently?

Lets say we have a caster that goes to a BG and wants to constantly dot multiple targets, purge enemy buffs, dispel debuffs on allies.

It would be easy to scan your own party with lua but how would you deal with multiple enemy targets? How does aimsharp do this? also how does aimsharp select party members? with mouse?

My only ideas so far are: constantly be cycling with tab key and do logic that way or read memory and iterate the object manager, but then how would you target things instantly?

I was really hoping to avoid lua unlockers and dll injectors.

Anyone who has worked on such a thing can give some tips? aimsharp looks very good and that claims to be pixel based only, but I dont want to buy it just to try it, would rather make my own.

Thanks
    nameplate[n]

/////fillllllllll

3. Thanks karnkore (1 members gave Thanks to ChrisIsMe for this useful post)
    karnkore's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I didnt know you could do it that way, been a while since I worked with lua.
    Do you think a pixel based bot could ever compete with a memory read/write one btw?

ChrisIsMe's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    67/100
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that pixel / OOP (userland) cheats are much riskier and don't encourage people in using them.

Can you make them function well? Sure. Can they compete in competitive PVP or cutting-edge raiding? Eh, probably not to the ability people want them to without a lot more effort than I think is worth to cheat in current wow.

I can offer an example of Pixel based data extraction/feeding to a parent execution app.

GitHub - ItsJustMeChris/WoW-Game-Data-To-Pixel-To-Application: Application to read game data from the World of Warcraft API through pixels.

Which I believe actually has some basic healing for a dungeon party.

I had used this for a little while with my vengeance demon hunter to tank higher-end mythic dungeons, but I don't really care to play the game much anymore, and I don't really believe that pixel based botting should be relied upon unless you have the time to make custom kernel keyboard drivers and have a driver loading exploit or want to pay for the driver to be signed, and think that blizzard won't ever figure out what your driver is and just ban you based on that.
    Last edited by ChrisIsMe; 05-07-2021 at 02:12 PM.

charles420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    25/119
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usemode is perfectly fine if you keep it private still use mine on my main account from org classic still no banns