7/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some reversing questions for the current classic client

Hey I have a few questions about the current classic client.
    Is there any other alternative than reversing the UnitReaction function if I want to know if a unit is attackable? (attackable in general would be fine enough)
    Calling the function directly is not a possibility for me because Im accessing the game externally and I dont want to use shellcode either for security reasons.
    If there is no other way could someone tell me if one of these approaches I found is still roughly valid:
    WowMoPObjMgrTest/WowUnit.cs at master . tomrus88/WowMoPObjMgrTest . GitHub
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...-friendly.html (Find if mob are hostile / neutral / friendly)

Another small question I have is the offset 0x188 (392 dec) starting from a unit base pointer.
    It often appears in my IDA dump but I didnt figure out what it is yet. It looks like it holds a struct pointer where the first member is probably a unit guid (or at least an int128 ).
    Does somebody know what struct this is or what kind of information it contains?

Thank you for your time and help.

Some reversing questions for the current classic client
    counted's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    11/108
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both of the links you reference are for the implementations of the current UnitReaction reaction interpreter. There is alot of other code in UnitReaction that checks Faction information, current quest information and other stuff that can override the reaction interpreter. For example if you are an alliance death night in the death night class hall there are horde npcs that are neutral to you but the reaction interpreter says are hostile.

I have not subbed Classic yet so I do not know if Classic changed the reaction interpreter, but the original vanilla reaction interpreter is the same as the ones in the links above so I am guessing that it has not changed.