10/111
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is OwnedCore WoW section dead?

A few years ago this section seemed to have new posts constantly, people helping each other sharing offsets and addresses etc. Now it seems if your lucky you may see 1-2 new threads/posts a month... what happened did everyone go to a new website and I missed out or is there just no interest in wow anymore? The old sections which used to be alive are dead as well and the wow offsets megalist just stopped being updated from 6.x randomly, I'm still really interested in wow and learning more about it but it seems noone else is...or am I missing something?

Is OwnedCore WoW section dead?
    ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    A ton of the threads are just people asking for bots, and offering money for it; which I have to delete since we have a trade section for it.

Other than that, it seems a lot of the bot makers, and hack creators have gone off to other games; ones that seem to have less consequences if caught.

The fun days of wow stuff are done, for now, and many of the people who still memory edit have shut their doors to the public and create niche quiet corners with friends as to not "alert everyone of how detection works on retail".

IMO forums are just dying in general. I see a lot of people browsing the forums, and if they can't get the answer they were looking for, they don't bother asking of fear the response is "just google it". I try to answer things when I know the answer, or at least google it for them, but the fun times of forum communities have definitely gone into hiding in fear of "leakers" and toxic negative folk.
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

3. Thanks DvASystems, andristarr (2 members gave Thanks to ev0 for this useful post)
    Kenneth's Avatar ★ Elder ★ WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The section thrives when the game is doing well and on the other side of the coin the section dies out when the game is doing poorly. Right now, for a lot of WoW's fanbase, the game is in a very bad state. So bad that a lot of people who normally power through and stay subbed aren't anymore. So bad that people who weren't interested in Classic WoW have all the sudden become interested. So bad that there isn't a change I think they could make that would simply fix the mess that it has become.

All in all, like any forum based on a game, it does well when the game does well and it dies down when the game dies down. This is a very Blizzard centric website and right now Blizzard games are not doing so hot. Hearthstone has died down, Diablo died down, Heroes of the Storm died down, and the topic at hand World of Warcraft died down. To icing it all off Blizzard stated there won't be any new releases outside of Reforged and Classic in 2019.

The positive look at this that I have found is that Classic is going to be huge for at least a couple months and by the time it simmers down Blizzcon 2019 will be upon us and hopefully Blizzard gives us here on OwnedCore something to obsess over again.

5. Thanks DvASystems, HunterHero (2 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    Icesythe7's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/111
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    The section thrives when the game is doing well and on the other side of the coin the section dies out when the game is doing poorly. Right now, for a lot of WoW's fanbase, the game is in a very bad state. So bad that a lot of people who normally power through and stay subbed aren't anymore. So bad that people who weren't interested in Classic WoW have all the sudden become interested. So bad that there isn't a change I think they could make that would simply fix the mess that it has become.

All in all, like any forum based on a game, it does well when the game does well and it dies down when the game dies down. This is a very Blizzard centric website and right now Blizzard games are not doing so hot. Hearthstone has died down, Diablo died down, Heroes of the Storm died down, and the topic at hand World of Warcraft died down. To icing it all off Blizzard stated there won't be any new releases outside of Reforged and Classic in 2019.

The positive look at this that I have found is that Classic is going to be huge for at least a couple months and by the time it simmers down Blizzcon 2019 will be upon us and hopefully Blizzard gives us here on OwnedCore something to obsess over again.
    I hope your right it makes me sad to read ownedcore and go to bed and get up the next day to no new posts, just seeing the screenshot thread for example and what people have made was exciting to me.

7. Thanks artemarkantos (1 members gave Thanks to Icesythe7 for this useful post)
    Dupheadss's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    38/61
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly, I agree that the WoW section of OC has been slowing down however I also do agree with Ev0 and Kenneth in terms of hoping that classic Wow will not only bring a breath of fresh air to the game

But OC alike - I personally can't wait to dive into classic and see what we can automatic and figure out from the "New" game engine.

Let's hope the hype remains after launch !

xtume's Avatar Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The open source community of wow emulation is slowly dying, people are tired of leechers that take credit so instead of releasing it to public it's sold to the highest bidder.

EDIT: Yaayy! im no longer a lurker, it's my first post!

Jadd's Avatar 🐸
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @OP everyone has quit retail because it's shitty. The only devs still working on it are there for the money. There's nothing wrong with that providing they aren't ripping their customers off.

Yes it sucks that there's not an active community full of free information. But that's life - blame Blizzard and move on.

Originally Posted by xtume View Post
    The open source community of wow emulation is slowly dying, people are tired of leechers that take credit so instead of releasing it to public it's sold to the highest bidder.
    Wow emulation had no money behind it for the longest time, so of course people were going to open source their projects. You can't really blame people for wanting to make some money for their work now that they can.

11. Thanks Smitten, HunterHero (2 members gave Thanks to Jadd for this useful post)
    counted's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    11/108
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there has been a noticeable drop off since blizzard added the 7.3 changes. The entry barrier is larger and people are less willing to share.

Kinda sad, I miss the more collaborative environment.

13. Thanks imzz (1 members gave Thanks to counted for this useful post)
    ph34rt3hcute1's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    7/61
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are still a few of us out there offering free services, I just do most of my updates and support over Discord now.
    BadRotations
    Developer

chris32882's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Icesythe7 View Post
    A few years ago this section seemed to have new posts constantly, people helping each other sharing offsets and addresses etc. Now it seems if your lucky you may see 1-2 new threads/posts a month... what happened did everyone go to a new website and I missed out or is there just no interest in wow anymore? The old sections which used to be alive are dead as well and the wow offsets megalist just stopped being updated from 6.x randomly, I'm still really interested in wow and learning more about it but it seems noone else is...or am I missing something?
    Yeah, I use to come here quite frequently, tons of new bots, others sharing ideas. People are still botting because there is still evidence of it still happening. I would love to have a questing bot, I hate doing quests lol

Ashoran's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    416/187
    Trade Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by chris32882 View Post
    Yeah, I use to come here quite frequently, tons of new bots, others sharing ideas. People are still botting because there is still evidence of it still happening. I would love to have a questing bot, I hate doing quests lol
    While we're talking about botting, I am seeing tonnes of bots farming Ghost Iron Ore in pandaland for weeks now. I want in on that ... Tbh probably just suicide botting but still.
    Last edited by Ashoran; 04-09-2019 at 09:38 PM.

greenthing's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    20/37
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Classic should help a lot in fixing this. Even more so because many of the old players will now be too busy to play the game a lot and with no repeatable moneymaking tasks (like dailies etc) around I would expect quite a number of bots and goldselling to become a big thing.

18. Thanks Kenneth, artemarkantos (2 members gave Thanks to greenthing for this useful post)
    Jadd's Avatar 🐸
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by greenthing View Post
    Classic should help a lot in fixing this. Even more so because many of the old players will now be too busy to play the game a lot and with no repeatable moneymaking tasks (like dailies etc) around I would expect quite a number of bots and goldselling to become a big thing.
    Maybe, but you also need to consider that a lot of people returning won't know WTF is going on with client obfuscation or how any new detection stuff works. I expect a resurgence but probably just lots of the same questions.

greenthing's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    20/37
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jadd View Post
    Maybe, but you also need to consider that a lot of people returning won't know WTF is going on with client obfuscation or how any new detection stuff works. I expect a resurgence but probably just lots of the same questions.
    That is a valid argument, but I'm also wondering how many client-side updates we will even get to see considering there isn't going to be many changes over time right? That should help quite a bit.

namreeb's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    7/215
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jadd View Post
    This is basically me. I have no idea about how any of that sorcery works. I just know that they have daisy-chained, obfuscated TLS callbacks and they manually map multiple copies of system DLLs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast