0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personal diary "Pascal developer on the way to BFA-Tool"

Hello together,
    edit has been done ;-)

Inspired by asdfowkw92 in https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...e-wow-bot.html (ObjectManager, Learning is hard! My journey to learning how to make a WoW Bot.)

I decided to write down my journey too.

But first things first:
    My name is Mike and yes english is not my primary language, so please excuse spelling ...
    I'm a Pasacal Developer for around 20 years. Started in school and programming in Delphi full time for 17 years.
    A few years ago i decided to build my own "WoW-Tool". It was far away from beeing a bot or so. It was more or less a radar tool like the one from Yeti (but without ingame rendering and so one...). I really don't know why i programmed it, but i wanted to know how it works and so i build that little Tool. In MOP i used it often for farming http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/79268 and the other items for the Tillers. It was really helpful.
    But then i quit WoW for personal reasons and now i'm more or less back. So i decided to update my tool for the release version but,... i don't know how, but i deleted my Source. It's sad but i think a new start is not bad. More work, but with the knowledge after first time building the tool: it can only be better.

So it's a new start,Knowledge is still there,.... but i will start with nearly 0 Source and information.
    I know that Pascal is not common used today: but i love it and so i will use it. Working all day long with Delphi i decided to do this job with Lazarus, just to get a bit into it. Both are pascal, so everything should be fine.

Not sure how much time i can invest, but as far as there are new things to do: i will post here.

Day 1: setting up the project. Last time my tool connects to the first wow process it founds. This time i will do it "better". Main goal for the current step:
    Displaying all running WoW Instances, displaying realm-name and toon name for selection which one to use. Problem of course the 64BIT, never done anything it 64BIT and so the Obfuscation is also new to me.

Hope you enjoyed reading (of course, atm there is not much...)
    Mike
    Last edited by Mike75; 03-26-2019 at 08:24 AM.

personal diary "Pascal developer on the way to BFA-Tool"
  2. Thanks Neer, Razzue, culino2 (3 members gave Thanks to Mike75 for this useful post)
    culino2's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    139/72
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lazarus is a great choice and looks totally awesome with the docked layout! The original delphi IDE is sometimes a mess and bugged like cow shit. I'm also using it in linux, working with ptrace isn't fun at all, but that's not fpc's fault

You may also like this: fpcupdeluxe - Lazarus wiki and this GitHub - FlKo/LazarusDockedDesktops: Desktop configuration files for Lazarus IDE

Are you going to be injected?