Thanks G/R
    4/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

walkable inclines and obstacles in 1.12 ??

Hi folks
    currently i am coding scripts for ogasai and i try to figure out what the player can traverse and when he gets stuck so i can code some logic when to jump and when to walk around an obstacle

with some raycasts and time in blasted lands i figured that with standart server settings players can traverse "world" inclines with 0.115 z- axis change every 0.1 yards without touble.

WoWScrnShot_021419_231356.jpg

after some test i figured that a fence with the height of 0.5 yards is not blocking the players path and can be walked over

I have trouble with ingame "models" like fountains etc. if i take the incline zaxis change from normal world i would expect that i cant walk up that fountain but i can! (it is more than 2 times as steep)
    WoWScrnShot_021819_084743.jpg
    on contrary i cant walk up this wooden plank although it is less steep and the gap from the floor to the lowest point is less than 0.5 yards o_O
    WoWScrnShot_021819_085440.jpg

also i noticed if i run straight into an obstacle than i cant pass it but if i walk diagonally into it it works ...
    2019.02.13-15.26 02 GIF | Find, Make & Share Gfycat GIFs

can anyone shed some light on this matter?

walkable inclines and obstacles in 1.12 ??
    andy012345's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ADT is based on the triangle normal, WMO and WDT are based on triangle flags.

I believe it's the MOPY chunk you are after, 0x40 is considered "unwalkable" and IIRC 0x80 filter would give you the navigation mesh (but it's low detail and shouldn't be used for client side movement).
    Last edited by andy012345; 03-03-2019 at 11:38 AM.

namreeb's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    7/215
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by andy012345 View Post
    ADT is based on the triangle normal, WMO and WDT are based on triangle flags.

I believe it's the MOPY chunk you are after, 0x40 is considered "unwalkable" and IIRC 0x80 filter would give you the navigation mesh (but it's low detail and shouldn't be used for client side movement).
    That's interesting. I didn't know this. I have always calculated normals for WMO geometry to determine walkability. Does this flag also determine walkability for NPCs, pets, etc.?

andy012345's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the 0x80 filter navmesh is used on the blizzard servers for their pathfinding. Although it has some wierd things on it, like the bridges in stormwind in pre-cata are just 4 triangles and missing the centre.

Edit: It could be I wasn't parsing some data correctly, I didn't really look into it, most of the emulated servers just use normals IIRC.

It would be nice if they updated their extractors to ignore ADT normals because npcs running around the ADT isn't blizzlike, NPCs don't care about the ADT normal and will happily run up a mountain.
    Last edited by andy012345; 03-04-2019 at 03:33 PM.

namreeb's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    7/215
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by andy012345 View Post
    I believe the 0x80 filter navmesh is used on the blizzard servers for their pathfinding. Although it has some wierd things on it, like the bridges in stormwind in pre-cata are just 4 triangles and missing the centre.

Edit: It could be I wasn't parsing some data correctly, I didn't really look into it, most of the emulated servers just use normals IIRC.

It would be nice if they updated their extractors to ignore ADT normals because npcs running around the ADT isn't blizzlike, NPCs don't care about the ADT normal and will happily run up a mountain.
    It's not enough to ignore it. It has to be flagged. Because while NPCs don't care about ADT steep-slopes, players under control of the server do (I think). So you shouldn't be able to get feared up a mountain I don't think?

danwins's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    6/62
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by namreeb View Post
    It's not enough to ignore it. It has to be flagged. Because while NPCs don't care about ADT steep-slopes, players under control of the server do (I think). So you shouldn't be able to get feared up a mountain I don't think?
    more like into the mountain and fall under the world, thats more blizzlike