Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating a WoW Bot using C#, what are some ways to go about this?

I've seen a couple of similar questions around here regarding this specific topic, maybe not C# to eb so very direct but regarding bot creation.
    I had a couple of questions i'm sure most of you could answer.

So when it comes to creating a bot in World of Warcraft,
    would you go about it as if you were creating a trainer for any other game? Modifying memory addresses and what not?
    I can't really picture it being as simple as finding the localplayers memory address and then finding a memory address for walking and then looping that one.
    Would I have to execute game functions by hooking in with a dll?

What are some ways of approaching this. Not pixel detection.
    My mind is revolving around memory for the time being, but please let me know if there are other ways that might be better.

Creating a WoW Bot using C#, what are some ways to go about this?
    morten2808's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Krugiztar View Post
    I've seen a couple of similar questions around here regarding this specific topic, maybe not C# to eb so very direct but regarding bot creation.

would you go about it as if you were creating a trainer for any other game? Modifying memory addresses and what not?
    I can't really picture it being as simple as finding the localplayers memory address and then finding a memory address for walking and then looping that one.

My mind is revolving around memory for the time being, but please let me know if there are other ways that might be better.
    Nice to see someone else using C#

I guess its all about reading the memory and then as you say tell it to set the walk forward address to 1 when you want it to walk/run forward.

Else i dont really know what else it could be because the program/bot needs to be in the game world to know stuff about like where the next quests are and all that

Its like if you made wallhack for csgo.

The hack needs to know the pos of every player to draw the box around them

squiggy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    40/23
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Krugiztar View Post

I like to compare an automation game bot with a human and break it down in to three key parts:

1: Limbs - interacting with the game/world.
    2: Senses - perceiving the game/world
    3: Intelligence - the logic driving you bot.

1: Interaction,
    A lot can be accomplished with just sending mouse and keyboard input to the client but we can also do more complex things like editing game memory to trigger certain behavior or inject into the process and call actual functions.

Take targeting for example. We could for instance send tab key presses to the client until we found our intended target. Another approach would be to inject code which calls the in game function which actually selects npc's.

2: Senses:
    Interacting is nice but its not very useful if we don't know whats going on. There are many imaginative ways to collect information, there's a project on the forums where information is fed from an in game addon by rendering pixels onscreen which is pretty cool. But you'll want to read the game memory for the best result.

For wow your first big goal would be accessing the Object manager. Its a linked list containing nearby game objects visible to the client. From that you can read out internal id's, in game coordinates, names, health etc.

The last example with targeting was actually flawed since we didn't know what to target. By reading memory we can search the object manager and look up the ID of our target and compare it with what we are actually targeting (can be read from the local player object).

3: Intelligence

Now our bot needs to be able to make decisions and act on information available to it. Here we write codes which handles things like combat, navigation and the like. You can use concepts like state machines or behavior trees to write an effective AI.

---

I started my bot project by reading things out of the game client and making an api for easy access, then i got keyboard input's working and went from there. Fishing bots are pretty good test beds or first projects. Ive written several just to test out ideas since the automation logic is simple.
    Last edited by squiggy; 11-20-2018 at 03:27 PM.