Descriptor in the objectManager at offset0x8 from current object sometimes dissapears menu

User Tag List

killmeplease's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Descriptor in the objectManager at offset0x8 from current object sometimes dissapears

Okay so for a while I ve been working on this bot, seamed like a fun project and did have a lot of fun but it wrecked havoc on my nervous system.
    Thus far I ve managed to:

Patch 1.12.1

Target Units/Players via GUID
    Pretty much flawless navigation(except in some really strange circumstances)
    Motion from point A to point B
    Take quest
    Attack mobs
    Execute spell rotations
    Load quest profiles
    Load levelling profiles
    etc...

Now my problem as I ve recently discovered lies within the Object Manager. Things worked fine for a while and then I realised that the descriptor in the object manager at offset 0x8 from the current object is not always there, there was some mention of descriptor offset at 0x120 and I believe that someone stated that they are the same, but from what I can see they are exactly nothing alike, I could very well be mistaken.

I wrote a set of functions which essentially copy all the data that I want from the object manager and store it into a map in C++, and that all works just fine. It is just as I ve said the descriptor at offset 0x8 from the current object in the object manager is not always there. I ve tried reading it manually to confirm that this is the case and I have also looked in the cheat engine it just does not exist sometimes. As a side note I ve also checked the HASH of the wow client as well.

Could someone help me out and shed some light on the matter.

Thank you all for your time and effort.

Descriptor in the objectManager at offset0x8 from current object sometimes dissapears
    tutrakan's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    124/52
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same old response again and again: "Do your wow object manipulations from the main game thread".
    For example - hook the end scene. Then from the hook, make a check if the local player is assigned and if is the case - do all object related reading or object related function calling safely.

Originally Posted by killmeplease View Post
    ...there was some mention of descriptor offset at 0x120...
    That's for the TBC client.

BTW at the wow object instance address + 0x110 (0x110 being the size of the base object) is placed the pointer to the descriptors of all objects that inherit directly from the base object: items, units, game objects, dynamic objects and corpses. But I would recommend to use the descriptors pointer for all objects (including players and containers) from the object instance address + 8.

Originally Posted by killmeplease View Post
    Thus far I ve managed to:

Patch 1.12.1

Target Units/Players via GUID
    Pretty much flawless navigation(except in some really strange circumstances)
    Motion from point A to point B
    Take quest
    Attack mobs
    Execute spell rotations
    Load quest profiles
    Load levelling profiles
    etc...
    I suppose you didn't do all that by yourself while you are still facing such basic problems as targeting and reading object data. But i can encourage you to continue experimenting and learning.
    Last edited by tutrakan; 12-14-2017 at 01:39 AM.