Thanks G/R
    28/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you ran the fix on an earlier version, check the db folder inside x32 or x64 (x64dbg\release\x32\db) and delete anything that's there. I had the same issue and this fixed it.

How to Dump Wow from Memory....
    CrazyCo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried using dumpfix command after using Scyllahide (and without) doesn't seem to work, getting error unable to find patch to Overwatch.exe

Changed target name from Overwatch to World of Warcraft and using x64dbg as admin. Deleted db folder contents but nothing.

doityourself's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    35/448
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CrazyCo View Post
    Tried using dumpfix command after using Scyllahide (and without) doesn't seem to work, getting error unable to find patch to Overwatch.exe

Changed target name from Overwatch to World of Warcraft and using x64dbg as admin. Deleted db folder contents but nothing.
    you are using a wrong target name

4. Thanks CrazyCo (1 members gave Thanks to doityourself for this useful post)
    Candyboy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where could I find OverwatchDumpfix.exe and Overwatch.exe ?
    Why is nothing to do with wow.exe in the 6 steps?
    Thank you very much.

PS: I'm trying to dump wow build 3.3.5 just for geting frame text.

xalcon's Avatar Contributor ふたなり
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    20/58
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow 3.3.5 doesnt have this protection. Just decompile the wow binary with any decompiler, no need for a runtime dump.
    "Threads should always commit suicide - they should never be murdered" - DirectX SDK

Candyboy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's good news. @xalcon ,would you mind showing me the steps about how to dump 3.3.5 memory ? I'm a newer to this ,and can't finish it without the clear steps.

THANKS

Saridormi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    19/16
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Candyboy View Post
    That's good news. @xalcon ,would you mind showing me the steps about how to dump 3.3.5 memory ? I'm a newer to this ,and can't finish it without the clear steps.

THANKS
    Why do you want to dump the 3.3.5 client from memory?

You almost certainly don't need to.

Candyboy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Saridormi View Post
    Why do you want to dump the 3.3.5 client from memory?

You almost certainly don't need to.
    I want to learn how to read text from frame . Counted told me I need to dump client from memory and reverse Script_GetNumRegions and GetText() functions using ida.
    Could you do it for me ? It's too hard for me to dump and reverse.

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...rame-text.html (Help with GlueDialog Frame Text)

xalcon's Avatar Contributor ふたなり
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    20/58
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, you dont need to dump wow from memory if its 3.3.5. Just open the binary with ida or any other decompiler.

Also, counted gave you a step-by-step guide to do it. Maybe you should learn the basics first if you arent able to follow his guide. There is a book thread with some really good books. The internet is full with guides. Learn x86 assembler, the PE file format (I assume you are on windows), how c++ code looks in memory by reversing your own code, etc.

Most people are not willing to spoonfeed someone else when he isnt even able to click the "dump" button in an xdbg64 plugin. Which - again - you dont need for 3.3.5.
    "Threads should always commit suicide - they should never be murdered" - DirectX SDK

counted's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    11/108
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Candyboy View Post
    I want to learn how to read text from frame . Counted told me I need to dump client from memory and reverse Script_GetNumRegions and GetText() functions using ida.
    Could you do it for me ? It's too hard for me to dump and reverse.

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...rame-text.html (Help with GlueDialog Frame Text)
    I did not know you were working on the 3.3.5 binary. The example I gave you and the offsets were based off of the current x64 binary which you would have to dump from memory to learn how to find them and use that knowledge to find them in the 3.3.5 binary. Sorry if i confused you.

12. Thanks Corthezz (1 members gave Thanks to counted for this useful post)
    AmazingDisgrace's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm trying to dump the 8.0.1.27291 client with x64dbg (Jul 19 2018 version), and I'm having trouble with the OverwatchDumpFix plugin.

I've built the plugin in VS2013 from the latest source code (5.0.2) and copied OverwatchDumpFix.dp64 to x64dbg's plugins directory, but after launching x64dbg, the log window says, "[PLUGIN] Failed to load plugin: OverwatchDumpFix.dp64". Manually trying to load it with the "loadplugin OverwatchDumpFix" command gives the same error. If I remove the file, the error message is "Cannot find plugin", so it's clearly able to see it, but just can't load it for some reason. Is anyone else having problems with this?

vegoo's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    10/27
    Trade Feedback
    110 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AmazingDisgrace View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to dump the 8.0.1.27291 client with x64dbg (Jul 19 2018 version), and I'm having trouble with the OverwatchDumpFix plugin.

I've built the plugin in VS2013 from the latest source code (5.0.2) and copied OverwatchDumpFix.dp64 to x64dbg's plugins directory, but after launching x64dbg, the log window says, "[PLUGIN] Failed to load plugin: OverwatchDumpFix.dp64". Manually trying to load it with the "loadplugin OverwatchDumpFix" command gives the same error. If I remove the file, the error message is "Cannot find plugin", so it's clearly able to see it, but just can't load it for some reason. Is anyone else having problems with this?
    Try to use standard Scylla plugin with x64dbg first. king48488 pointed out before that without using OverwatchDumpFix some imports are missing, but I don't use it personally and normal Scylla import fix works great for updating my offset list.
    WoW TGC Loot & WoW Items
    Selling EU & US WoW Gold
    Buying EU & US WoW Gold

doityourself's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    35/448
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by vegoo View Post
    Try to use standard Scylla plugin with x64dbg first. king48488 pointed out before that without using OverwatchDumpFix some imports are missing, but I don't use it personally and normal Scylla import fix works great for updating my offset list.
    like 90%+ of all imports are missing without that. maybe even more

sendeos23's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    22/10
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AmazingDisgrace View Post

Hi AmazingDisgrace,
    Did you get anywhere with this? I'm currently having this same issue after building the dumpfix plugin from the latest source on github(5.0.2). '[PLUGIN] Failed to load plugin: OverwatchFumpFix.dp64'

Can anyone confirm their current working method they are using to dump BFA e.g. versions of x64dbg and overwatchDumpFix.dp64 or if there are any special settings for building the dumpfix plugin.

pogob's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    28/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sendeos23 View Post
    Hi AmazingDisgrace,
    Did you get anywhere with this? I'm currently having this same issue after building the dumpfix plugin from the latest source on github(5.0.2). '[PLUGIN] Failed to load plugin: OverwatchFumpFix.dp64'

Can anyone confirm their current working method they are using to dump BFA e.g. versions of x64dbg and overwatchDumpFix.dp64 or if there are any special settings for building the dumpfix plugin.
    yeah everything still works. if it worked for you but doesn't anymore you probably forgot to recompile overwatchdumpfix to look for "wow.exe" instead of "wow-64.exe", after 8.0

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast