0/1029
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new Elite Memory Editing section for WoW, and how to get in

Do you have the reverse engineering skills to amaze people, but you can't show them off without going to details?
    Have you ever wanted to share information with others, but didn't want people to leech it and claim credit?
    Taken a conversation in a thread off-site, to get out of the public eye?
    Then this section is for you.

As some of you might have noticed already, the Elite Memory Editing forum section has been overhauled.
    The previous Elite Memory Editing has grown silent recently, as it was strictly an invite only section and most of the inviting members have moved on.
    To not let this happen again, we have revamped the section. It will now be easier to get into, while ensuring that the content stays private.
    You can be invited, or invite yourself as long as no current member objects with reason.

You can find the new section following this link, or above the memory editing section as usual:
    Elite Memory Editing

What we expect from the members of this section:
    • Shown that you have contributed to the memory editing community, and have the skills to reverse engineer.
    • Enabled Two-Factor Authentication.
      Previously members have complained about information getting leaked through the forum.
      To not have this repeat, we require Two-Factor Authentication for your security and the peace of mind for everyone else.
    • Obviously, but clearly stated:
      No leaking of any content to anywhere, without the author(s) explicitly allowing it.
      This obviously includes that selling hacks based on the information posted in this section is not allowed.
      If someone is found leaking content, they are forcibly ejected from the section, only to never return.

There are 3 different ways to become part of this community:
    • Joining the Elite Memory Editing Usergroup directly and giving one of the group leaders a summary of what you have done to announce you with in the section.
      If you just click on "Join Group" without also sending a group leader a PM with content to announce you with, you will not get an answer.
    • By posting a new thread directly to the section, convincing people of your skills.
    • The good old invitation by referral.

Each way of invitation will be given equal time for people to object, in case the community knows something about you that we do not.
    Objections to invites will equally stay private.

We intend to keep the general forum rules inside this section relaxed, so you can speak your mind. Reasoning still applies.
    It will also help you to stay out of prying corporate eyes, as you know there has been a patch to things recently.

Given the many join requests received, I would like to emphasize this point:
    • Shown that you have contributed to the memory editing community, and have the skills to reverse engineer.

This excludes, but is not limited to users which:
    • Have not shown or are not known to have skill in memory editing or related fields, through contributing to the memory editing community or other means
    • Want to be in the section passively to just look at what happens, with no intend to join the discussion and/or contribute at all
    • Put the primary focus of joining the Elite Memory Editing section to learn reverse engineering
    • Are completely unknown on the forums, having no posts at all

Sending a join request stating that you know a programming language is not enough.
    This section is meant for members that know what they are doing when it comes to memory editing, and like that create amazing things together.
    Most of the join requests covering these points will be denied or just left standing, even before they reach the invitation discussion inside the section.
    However, you can still send a join request if you think that you are an exception. But do give reason why you are exceptional.
    Last edited by maclone; 09-03-2020 at 09:56 AM.

The new Elite Memory Editing section for WoW, and how to get in
  2. Thanks KuRIoS, Pentagasm, D3Boost, greenthing, Willy, Eryx, vvvat, doityourself, Kenneth, Kaizuken, GHT, Scumstation, GameHelper, Torpedoes, Yoggek, Confucius, Xel (17 members gave Thanks to maclone for this useful post)
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks cool, want to join, but don't have the skill yet.

Toldorn's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    20/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea.

maclone's Avatar / Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/1029
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• Have not shown or are not known to have skill in memory editing or related fields, through contributing to the memory editing community or other means
    • Want to be in the section passively to just look at what happens, with no intend to join the discussion and/or contribute at all
    • Put the primary focus of joining the Elite Memory Editing section to learn reverse engineering

Sending a join request stating that you know a programming language is not enough.
    This section is meant for members that know what they are doing when it comes to memory editing, and like that create amazing things together.

Most of the join requests covering these points will be denied, even before they reach the invitation discussion inside the section.
    However, you can still send a join request if you think that you are an exception. But do give reason why you are exceptional.
    The best way to do so is making use of the other ways to join the section, like posting a thread directly to it, showing off your skills.

6. Thanks GameHelper (1 members gave Thanks to maclone for this useful post)
    Wildbreath's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    before obfuscation, i can made alot of tricks, after free lunch (The Free Lunch Is Over - Obfuscation is Coming) i can't do nothing, and start making weak pixelbased apps = haven't skill :gusta:
    but seems i'm in. thanks!

GameHelper's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    452/2173
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by maclone View Post

Most of the join requests covering these points will be denied, even before they reach the invitation discussion inside the section.
    The best way to do so is making use of the other ways to join the section, like posting a thread directly to it, showing off your skills.
    Should make this part of the first post.
    It provide details on what you guys are looking for and what should existing members focus their objections on.
    If I did not reply to you, it mean the question you are asking is stupid.

WiNiFiX's Avatar Banned
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One day when im big, till then I will just show how Pixels are the future.
    ETA on Pixel Elite section ?
    Last edited by WiNiFiX; 09-12-2017 at 04:58 AM.

10. Thanks 2briards (1 members gave Thanks to WiNiFiX for this useful post)
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    350/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zaafar View Post
    Should make this part of the first post.
    It provide details on what you guys are looking for and what should existing members focus their objections on.
    Good idea, added.

Zazazu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/143
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WiNiFiX View Post
    Not sure I applied request for Elite section as developer WoW.CA, but still not responce Or i need prove my skill? Timely updating and expansion of the functionality is not enough? Kek

maclone's Avatar / Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/1029
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WiNiFiX View Post
    One day when im big, till then I will just show how Pixels are the future.
    You are basing your sanctity on proven wrong assumptions.
    Stay on topic.

Originally Posted by Zazazu View Post
    Not sure I applied request for Elite section as developer WoW.CA, but still not responce Or i need prove my skill? Timely updating and expansion of the functionality is not enough? Kek
    Each join request is given enough time that every member can state their objections, as stated in the first post.

However, just keeping a tool up-to-date does not guarantee you a spot in the Elite Memory Editing section. It is indeed not enough for that.
    There are more factors being taken in consideration by the members of the memory editing community, not the least being your contributions to the memory editing section or the lack thereof.

GameHelper's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    452/2173
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In short they are looking for Memory Editing Gods.

EDIT: Goddess too, don't wanna discriminate on the basis of gender.

15. Thanks GHT (1 members gave Thanks to GameHelper for this useful post)
    baby110's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to join

namreeb's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    7/215
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by baby110 View Post
    I want to join
    This guy gets it.

Zaxer's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really see the point of keeping this forum entirely closed. I see the point of keep a forum clean and free from "noobs", but that shouldn't keep people from reading in my opinion. Limiting posting privileges to trusted members I understand. And wrapping stuff you don't want to be leeched in a tag that keeps leechers from reading I would also understand.

What is the goal here? To increase the amount of users decent at reverse engineering? Or to make decent users even better? If you intend on the former, then I think this is a bad idea. If you intend on the latter, you have a (in my opinion) skewed view of what OwnedCore stands for.

namreeb's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    7/215
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zaxer View Post
    I don't really see the point of keeping this forum entirely closed. I see the point of keep a forum clean and free from "noobs", but that shouldn't keep people from reading in my opinion. Limiting posting privileges to trusted members I understand. And wrapping stuff you don't want to be leeched in a tag that keeps leechers from reading I would also understand.

What is the goal here? To increase the amount of users decent at reverse engineering? Or to make decent users even better? If you intend on the former, then I think this is a bad idea. If you intend on the latter, you have a (in my opinion) skewed view of what OwnedCore stands for.
    The point is to share private information with people who have demonstrated both competency and discretion. It lets the more experienced users get something out of it in addition to (not instead of) the public forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast