0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoW Memory reading/writing questions

Hello I'm a noob and I recently started creating my own bot for the purpose of learning to read and write memory. But now I'm stuck and I'm asking for your help, I got 2 problems which is the following.

If you take a look at this image you'll see that I'm obviously using the wrong addresses to read the memory, this is the code I use:
    Code:
    uint CharLevel = wow.ReadUInt((uint)BaseWoW + 0x1E38);
    float CharX = wow.ReadFloat((uint)BaseWoW + 0x800);
    float CharY = wow.ReadFloat((uint)BaseWoW + 0x800 + 0x4);
    float CharZ = wow.ReadFloat((uint)BaseWoW + 0x800 + 0x8);
    My second question is (and this may sound awfully stupid): How do I memorywrite? I know that BlackMagic has functions for this but what I don't know is how to use the addresses of the functions and where to put variables like x,y,z in a click to move and so on. I've tried several tutorials with which I've had no luck finding this, maybe I've not been looking good enough but it would be nice if you could point me in the right direction.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a nice day,
    Mathex.

WoW Memory reading/writing questions
    Holico's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search (In this Forum) for Object manager, filter all Playerobjects, check if playerobject has your guid, then read X,Y,Z coordinates for your Character.

Needed Offsets are Present in the actuall 5.2 Dump Thread or you can find them on your own with IDA + Database from TOM_RUS (Also Dumpthread, second Post)

Also, (this is just a guess, i dont know it) maybe char level is not a uint, could be a byte aswell

mathix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Holico View Post
    Search (In this Forum) for Object manager, filter all Playerobjects, check if playerobject has your guid, then read X,Y,Z coordinates for your Character.

Needed Offsets are Present in the actuall 5.2 Dump Thread or you can find them on your own with IDA + Database from TOM_RUS (Also Dumpthread, second Post)

Also, (this is just a guess, i dont know it) maybe char level is not a uint, could be a byte aswell
    Okay so for player x,y,z I'd have to do the following:
    Get player GUID
    Get objects close
    Choose the player
    Check if he has matching GUID
    If he has get x,y,z of him?

Sounds pretty easy, I'd have to read up on that object manager thing. I just started out, this is my 3rd day with C# so I'm not that good. Thank you for explaining it to me.

Also: Is the playerbase still existent? I came across this tutorial which had the playerbase: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...g-writing.html ((Tutorial) Starting WoW-Memory Reading/Writing) and I was wondering if it still would work? Of course with updated memory addresses. :-)
    Last edited by mathix; 03-09-2013 at 06:17 AM.

asmodei's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Apoc's QuickTrack, which is now maintained by Eracer - http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...g-hack-38.html. Eracer posts links to the source and executable whenever offsets change. Looking at that should answer most of your questions