Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fixed fixed

shorty
    Last edited by omid; 04-13-2010 at 08:02 AM.

(Tutorial) Starting WoW-Memory Reading/Writing
    TwixY's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a nice tutorial! Great job!

flo8464's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reverse the function CGPlayer_C__ClickToMove
    Not even neccessary.

In the time I wasn't able to reverse my stuff myself, I simply searched the forum for a static address, downloaded the WoW binary this address was posted for, checked all references to it in IDA for a short function, made a pattern for that function, loaded the latest binary into IDA, searched for that pattern, looked out for the static address.
    Hey, it compiles! Ship it!

omid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FIXED

ShortShortyyy
    Last edited by omid; 04-13-2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: fixed

swollen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fenryr View Post
    Awesome tutorial, i was able to get the new player base from info dump thread, but i can't seem to figure out how you got the addresses for click to move(0x00CB9814 in the example below), where can i find this in the info dump?
    Code:
                wow.WriteFloat(0x00CB9814, x here); // x pos from prompt
                wow.WriteFloat(0x00CB9818, y here); // y pos from prompt
    where can i find this in the info dump?
    Local $Mem_ClickToMove_X = 0xB9259C
    Local $Mem_ClickToMove_Y = 0xB925A0
    Local $Mem_ClickToMove_Go = 0xB9252C ;Write 4 to move, default is 13

Not even neccessary.

In the time I wasn't able to reverse my stuff myself, I simply searched the forum for a static address, downloaded the WoW binary this address was posted for, checked all references to it in IDA for a short function, made a pattern for that function, loaded the latest binary into IDA, searched for that pattern, looked out for the static address.
    Can also be found with a memory scanner if you know how to use it properly.
    Last edited by swollen; 04-11-2010 at 07:23 AM.

Danne206's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by omid View Post
    can u help me with my problem that i cant read Uint???

plz plz help

ReadUInt failed.
    Update your offsets if you haven't already, if that's not the problem or if you don't know how to do - you should not be in this section.

Learn your language before coming here.
    http://www.f.djs-gaming.com/Wrox.Pro...8.Mar.2008.pdf

Jesus.
    Last edited by Danne206; 04-11-2010 at 08:43 AM.
    Dahnniel [DOT] s [AT] gmail [DOT] com

harger's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for thouse who get an exeption at
    Code:
    BlackMagic wow = new BlackMagic(); //Create new function to open wow process
    /Platform (C#-Compileroptionen)

Important note for the Express users:
    Note /platform is not available in the development environment in Visual C# Express.
    Im an Express user myself so i will try to find a way, but i am a noob too.

Why do you Hardcore coders even care to write comments like "You are to dump for this section"? What level of knowledge do you expect when you read such a basic tutorial? "Hello world!" Programs are way outdated, todays noobs don't want to code their 18th calculator, this time with multiplying. They want to achieve something bigger,they will be dealing with the same problems like in the calculator but with some fancy WoW manipulating. They want some cool results. I am not saying that thats a good way, or a bad way, but its the way it works today so help them or ignore them.

Steveiwonder's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this Tutorial, found it a big help

Mr.Zunz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by harger View Post
    for thouse who get an exeption at
    Code:
    BlackMagic wow = new BlackMagic(); //Create new function to open wow process
    /Platform (C#-Compileroptionen)

Important note for the Express users:

Im an Express user myself so i will try to find a way, but i am a noob too.

Why do you Hardcore coders even care to write comments like "You are to dump for this section"? What level of knowledge do you expect when you read such a basic tutorial? "Hello world!" Programs are way outdated, todays noobs don't want to code their 18th calculator, this time with multiplying. They want to achieve something bigger,they will be dealing with the same problems like in the calculator but with some fancy WoW manipulating. They want some cool results. I am not saying that thats a good way, or a bad way, but its the way it works today so help them or ignore them.
    You'll understand soon enough. ^^

namreeb's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    7/215
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by harger View Post
    This section is for advanced users. By entering this section and participating in it you are either agreeing that you possess a sufficient foundation of knowledge to contribute in a productive and intelligent manner (either by questioning or by answering). When for someone this is clearly not the case, it means they have demonstrated an inability or unwillingness to follow the rules. This infraction has consequences. If you walked into a college course as a six year old and behaved in such a disrespectful manner, there too you would be chastised and dismissed.

Nevertheless, believe it or not, scolding people (sometimes harshly) I believe is sometimes the right thing to do. There is a lesson to be learned: instant gratification rarely pans out, and when it does it's usually because someone else made it happen for you. In this case, people expect instant enlightenment on complicated issues, but to the people answering the questions this comes across as an entirely unjustified arrogance, flagrant disrespect, and a statement of "I don't care if I waste your time as long as it saves mine." Needless to say, this does not inspire people to be helpful.

I for one am willing to answer the questions I feel qualified and motivated to answer, even if they seem remedial to me, because I have been in that position before myself, and if someone is working hard themselves trying to learn and understand a subject, I find it very rewarding to be able to fill in the holes for them as necessary. However, what happens more often here is people decide they want to "hack wow" and just dive in here expecting to be spoon fed. It's insulting and a waste of my time.

Bottom line? This is the way things work. You may not understand why, but that does not mean the system is flawed. It simply means you don't understand. Frankly, I would guess nobody really cares if you understand. If you don't like it, don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by namreeb View Post
    This section is for advanced users. By entering this section and participating in it you are either agreeing that you possess a sufficient foundation of knowledge to contribute in a productive and intelligent manner (either by questioning or by answering). When for someone this is clearly not the case, it means they have demonstrated an inability or unwillingness to follow the rules. This infraction has consequences. If you walked into a college course as a six year old and behaved in such a disrespectful manner, there too you would be chastised and dismissed.

Nevertheless, believe it or not, scolding people (sometimes harshly) I believe is sometimes the right thing to do. There is a lesson to be learned: instant gratification rarely pans out, and when it does it's usually because someone else made it happen for you. In this case, people expect instant enlightenment on complicated issues, but to the people answering the questions this comes across as an entirely unjustified arrogance, flagrant disrespect, and a statement of "I don't care if I waste your time as long as it saves mine." Needless to say, this does not inspire people to be helpful.

I for one am willing to answer the questions I feel qualified and motivated to answer, even if they seem remedial to me, because I have been in that position before myself, and if someone is working hard themselves trying to learn and understand a subject, I find it very rewarding to be able to fill in the holes for them as necessary. However, what happens more often here is people decide they want to "hack wow" and just dive in here expecting to be spoon fed. It's insulting and a waste of my time.

Bottom line? This is the way things work. You may not understand why, but that does not mean the system is flawed. It simply means you don't understand. Frankly, I would guess nobody really cares if you understand. If you don't like it, don't let the door hit ya on the way out!
    @Apoc: Sticky this post, lol.

suicidity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent post, now lets do the dirty.

MaiN's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -snip-
    Actually, please let the door hit you on the way out. Very hard.
    [16:15:41] Cypher: caus the CPU is a dick
    [16:16:07] kynox: CPU is mad
    [16:16:15] Cypher: CPU is all like
    [16:16:16] Cypher: whatever, i do what i want

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Seifer's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fenryr View Post
    Awesome tutorial, i was able to get the new player base from info dump thread, but i can't seem to figure out how you got the addresses for click to move(0x00CB9814 in the example below), where can i find this in the info dump?
    Code:
                wow.WriteFloat(0x00CB9814, x here); // x pos from prompt
                wow.WriteFloat(0x00CB9818, y here); // y pos from prompt
    where can i find this in the info dump?
    The dump thread states that:
    005CFB70 CGPlayer_C__ClickToMove
    So, in IDA, that would be sub_5CFB70. Double clicking it will provide you with the actual code executed when CTM is executed. This isn't what you're after, you're after the method that calls CTM when you want to execute it yourself, which is identified by the "proc near" in IDA.

You simply follow that .. in reverse (get it?) to find where CTM is called, and you write your crap to those memory locations.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast