Can we link Quests, objectives and affected objects/mobs in Classic based on game data? menu

User Tag List

blamani's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we link Quests, objectives and affected objects/mobs in Classic based on game data?

Later expansions introduced tooltips, fancy areas on the minimap, hightlights in the game, but for classic (som/tbc/wotlk) is it possible to know which object has to be used or which mob has to be killed or interacted with for a certain quest without resorting to manually collected static databases?

Wowhead makes this association but i have no idea how much is manually curated data and how much guesswork is involved.
    So before wasting any efforts, is this data even in the client?

Can we link Quests, objectives and affected objects/mobs in Classic based on game data?
    Sacred's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, questpoi data won't be there until Cataclysm classic. You can read quest objective data to know which mob you need to kill or item you need to loot, but afaik there's no specific data in creaturecache to know which mob drop certain quest items, not sure about gameobjectcache.

You can't automate questing in classic without building quest database, well at least to my knowledge. Correct me if i wrong.
    Last edited by Sacred; 10-27-2022 at 12:04 PM.

blamani's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know data is limited but before trying to find something that just isn't there i wanted to know if it is worth the work.
    It would be useless if all there is to find is just text and a ping from the server that the objective can be marked as done.
    It is already promising to hear that we may have a link between a quest, the objective and a kill target. For more complicated situations of course a db is required.