0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello and two questions

Hello everyone, im new to the wow scene, been putting way too much time into poker bots/progs even tho wow is what I actually play for recreation. Thanks to everyone posting valid information on this site I have had a lot use of the addresses. I've made a simple grinding bot last few weeks and are now starting to write a pvp bot.

I've tried to search the forums for answers to the questions but cant find anything on this..

1. Does anyone have a nice way of getting the combat log out of process and without injection/writing? Pref if there was a address to poll or similar..

2. My looting is not 100% and what I miss is knowing what unit is under my mouse. I am pretty sure such to exist since there are mouse over tooltips etc. but I cant find the address for mouse over.

Hello and two questions
    SKU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-me...t-process.html (Credits: RiseAndShine) - you might be able to get something in this memory region, no idea honestly if you want to do everything without injections.
    2) 10A68D0h mouse over target GUID (Credits: Arigity) -> GetObjectByGuid

Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
    Hello everyone, im new to the wow scene, been putting way too much time into poker bots/progs even tho wow is what I actually play for recreation. Thanks to everyone posting valid information on this site I have had a lot use of the addresses. I've made a simple grinding bot last few weeks and are now starting to write a pvp bot.

I've tried to search the forums for answers to the questions but cant find anything on this..

1. Does anyone have a nice way of getting the combat log out of process and without injection/writing? Pref if there was a address to poll or similar..
    Multiple ways to do it, you could write an addon that stores the combat log in an array and then search for the base of the array (which you've filled with dummy data) with a memory scanner. If you searched these forums you would also have noticed that wow stores it's chat messages somewhere (about 60 lines I believe), there must be something similiar for the combat log. Anther way I think of is make WoW write the combat log to a file (there's a CVAR for that I believe) then read from that file, not sure if this is viable/possible though
    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." - Martin Golding
    "I cried a little earlier when I had to poop" - Sku

Overflow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the answers. I will do some more searches for the 60 line or so saved combat log. I did some scans for binary strings in Olly to find the combat log but my computer runs out of memory and it gets painfully slow, found chunks of the combat log here and there but nothing consisten/several lines :/ If I still cant find it the addons aproach sounded good to me, should be easy to find your "own" array in memory

Spot on with the mouse over target address, thanks again.