Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cmap:SafeOpen() anyone know the address start of..

CMap:SafeOpen().... I was inspired by malu's object managment app, to add some things to it, and some things to my own app, ill be releasing soon. But im stuck on this function...from what I understand SafeOpen() is where all the graphics/ADT and object files load... I cannot though find where this function starts in wows memory, so im wondering if anyone knows the address that this function starts at! It would be greatttllyyyy appreciated if someone with a higher skill of wows memory could look this up for me and post it.... Ill rep whoever can do this for me

and if you havent already you should check out my lil nofall dmg C++ app i released in bots section ^^

Im attempting to stop the load of terrain and objects, Im able to hide them with other methods of editing but, ive been told by a few sources and done some research and found that this is the function i need to examine.

thanks for your time. and im glad to be here, everyone has been a help to me, and ill continue to share cool wow apps ^^

Cmap:SafeOpen() anyone know the address start of..
    Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Krypton. How's it going?

schlumpf's Avatar Retired Noggit Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sub_7225B0 is the one constantely checking for new terrain in need to be loaded.
    Has two ways of opening a ADT with sub_743620. One of them is AsyncFileRead powered.

sub_743620 calls a sub at the end (passing the assembled filename) where it then calls CMap::SafeOpen().

CMap::SafeOpen() is just a call for sub_6E9C50 & sub_6E97C0 with an errordetection if reading was not working (eg. the file is not present).

sub_6E97C0 is part of SFile2-Core and seems to be the general ReadFileFromMPQ or something like that.