Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AI Controlled Party

Hi there,

I've got a question about the topic title, but I'd like to elaborate on what I hope is possible, so that it's easier to give me proper reply.

So I started out with using AimSharp, which, depending on the rotation you're using, at least to me, was quite the game-changer and eye-opener. It made me wonder about an AI controlled team. The first thing that came to mind was that I would at least need a tank and a healer. Playing as the tank seems the most logical choice and this worked well with a good rotation for AimSharp. I assumed that having an AI controlled healer would at least require me to have a second WoW account and a second subscription to AimSharp as well as a second desktop or laptop.

Even when this whole idea would work, you'd still have a healer character that needs to be controlled in the sense that it doesn't move towards enemies by itself, nor does it do anything else, other than what the rotation dictates it to do. It made me wonder about an addon I came across called FollowMe, which forces a playable character to follow you when you whisper !follow when that player character also has FollowMe installed. Now this is a step into the right direction, and should work for a healer I guess, since its focus would be on healing, rather then doing damage, but it would still require some manual operating such as moving out of AOE harms way as well as mounting up.

So this is where my story ends and my question begins. Would it be possible for me to play my tank and have a completely AI controlled healer tag along with me, throughout the entirety of the game. I'm talking regular quests, dungeons and raids. Maybe PvP, but that would more be like a bonus. The healer should mount up when my player character mounts up. The healer should always follow me, unless the healer is in combat. Then it will battle with the enemies until all of them are destroyed. When no enemies are present, the healer will heal everyone in the party if needed and will do nothing else until my player character is in range again to start following. And ofcourse an AI controlled party member would need to be able to detect AoE attacks and move out of the way. And, probably not the least important question, would it be possible from the same desktop?

I think this should cover pretty much the entirety of the how the AI should behave. Now if that's a possibility, I would optionally be really excited about the potential of having an entire AI controlled party, where I control the main tank using a rotation through AimSharp and have the rest of the party perform optimally based on the most perfect rotations and, if they can, heal each other.

My question generally is, what are my options and preferably, what are my options without getting banned?
    Last edited by Z405; 12-25-2021 at 09:56 PM.

AI Controlled Party
    Z405's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is this forum entirely dead or are there no programmers/coders/developers here that can confirm that what I want is possible? The confirmation itself would of course be followed up by a request. This is not just a question. I'm looking for somebody that can help me out setting this up for which I'm also obviously going to pay. But if there's nobody here with the skills necessary, I'm literally talking to a wall here

Hawker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's possible and Honorbuddy did it for years. However a bot isn't needed. Google forn Lua multi-boxing addons and you'll see you mightn't even need a bot.

Z405's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, thank you for replying!

Interesting, might this be the addon you were referring to?

MAMA (Minimal yet Awesome Multiboxing Assistant)

I do assume that for this, I'd still need a second desktop, with a second AimSharp subscription to have my healer utilize a rotation.

Aphro's Avatar Active Member

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have bots doing this already. GetGud.cc - Orca Bot

6. Thanks Augury13 (1 members gave Thanks to Aphro for this useful post)
    Z405's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply. I clicked on the link and this prompted some questions.

The first being the following sentence: "WoW Classic/TBC/Retail Bot forum. You need to buy an Unlocker(currently on macOSx supported) to use the bots."

Which gives me the impression that I would need to have an apple computer to actually utilize these bots? I don't have a mac, so if that's the case, this wouldn't really work for me I'm afraid.

Or should it mean to imply that now, on top of Windows 10, it's finally also available for MacOS?

---

The second being that I'm under the impression that, considering I'd be playing Shadowlands, it does seem like the only option would then be "- GMR Bot 25$/Month WoW CLASSIC/TBC/Shadowlands (Available MacOSx Unlocker Tinkr only)" which, according to the text, does give me the impression that it is indeed only for MacOS?

---

Also, none of the links show me a clear description of what the bot is supposed to be doing, or can't do sadly, which makes it hard to determine which bot is the right one for me.
    Last edited by Z405; 12-28-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Aphro's Avatar Active Member

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea, we have both windows and macOS unlocker but the bot you are referring to is macOS only. there is other bots for tbc and som that are comaptible for windows but not the one you suggest here.

Z405's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's a shame, assuming that most people playing WoW -Shadowlands would be doing so from a MacOS seems, odd.

Did you have a survey which showed that most WoW players use MacOS?

Wontuse's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    10/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a pixel bot I've been developing that does this. I run it as a resto druid in heroics and can afk 95% of the instance. The rotation is stupid simple but can go into detail if you want.

For the follow aspect I have a keybind to follow the nearest character. I have pixels to check interact distance of party members. I Check trade/inspect distance (11ish yds) and if that distance goes out of range, auto follow the nearest player.

Works well with a bit of logic to the group as a whole. Only time I have to step in is if doing skip runs to avoid trash, hugging walls on sharp turns, and the occasional jumping up ledges.

Obviously with a member of the party aware this is going on it probably be completely hands off.