Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replaying recorded keyboard/mouse input

Hello,

I'm interested in a bot that allows me to grind a dungeon. Sadly there seems to be none at the moment due to a lack of lua unlockers. Since dungeons are rather deterministic I was wondering if I could just play a run on my own, record the keyboard and mouse inputs and then feed it back into WoW. Would that work?

It is clear to me that such an approach is rather limited since you can't react to non-deterministic things like patrols or outliners in the aoe farm - but you could design your run around that. Another issue would be looting, but I think that could easily be solved by a computer vision style approach i.e. train a model that basically does "search screen for blinking stuff, move there by click, click again for looting". Or I just do rogue brd pickpocket runs.

Did anyone ever try such a thing?

Replaying recorded keyboard/mouse input
    Itzelsnitch's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I investigated this like 10 years ago with a G15 keyboard recording macros - and in theory it could work yes. But still bannable
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...-ban-risk.html ([Project] G-15 Keyboard Bot - Almost Perfect Farmer low ban risk)

Razzue's Avatar Contributor Avid Ailurophile

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    185/268
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SendInput/PostMessage to wow window works just fine for key sending to wow externally, and I haven't been banned for sending post messages. Though this way would require a bit of coding knowledge.

What you want is also readily achievable with a basic memory bot that doesn't use lua injection ... Good luck finding a public one however xD

4. Thanks Xion1704 (1 members gave Thanks to Razzue for this useful post)
    42stein's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Itzelsnitch View Post
    I investigated this like 10 years ago with a G15 keyboard recording macros - and in theory it could work yes. But still bannable
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...-ban-risk.html ([Project] G-15 Keyboard Bot - Almost Perfect Farmer low ban risk)
    Interesting. Thanks for the input.

Originally Posted by Razzue View Post
    SendInput/PostMessage to wow window works just fine for key sending to wow externally, and I haven't been banned for sending post messages. Though this way would require a bit of coding knowledge.

What you want is also readily achievable with a basic memory bot that doesn't use lua injection ... Good luck finding a public one however xD
    Coding wouldn't be a problem. I don't know a lot about Windows but I do have coding experience. In fact, the whole memory editing stuff is something I'd like to do but I'm not sure if I have the time. Currently just reading to get a broad overview about everything.

Care to elaborate what you mean by "basic memory bot"? If I understand you correct you basically mean a bot that does movement etc. by faking keyboard and mouse input and reads the memory to get information about the environment, right? The other type of bots would be pixel bots and bots that use an ingame addon for movement but that requires the access of protected lua functions which is possible if we inject a edited dll (lua unlocking).

If so, why do people even bother with lua unlocking? It sounds way more complicated. (But that's a inexperienced noob talking here)

Thanks for any answers. If there isn't already an "overview" post (couldn't find one), I'm going to write one when I'm more confident in my knowledge.

ChrisIsMe's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    67/100
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Razzue View Post

KBDLLHOOKSTRUCT (winuser.h) - Win32 apps | Microsoft Docs

7. Thanks Xion1704 (1 members gave Thanks to ChrisIsMe for this useful post)