Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Botting second bnet

Sup guys, I have one question:

I have two bnets and I would like to know if I use a bot on the second account (alt), do I risk banning both because I am logged on the same IP?

And another thing, not related to bot ... can I transfer gold to my alternative bnet account or am I at risk of being banned?

Thanks

Botting second bnet
    phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFAIK it depends. They can ban both but generally from what I've seen they mostly only do it if your botting account was "assisting" your main account (sending gold/etc to it), so in your case yes, they would likely ban both.

As far as transferring gold to alt b.net account - just remember Blizzard has logs of everything. Whether or not the (likely underpaid) GM actually looks at that, well that's a risk you're taking.

startbr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I was thinking about was using the bot on the second account only, without assisting any of my main bnet. The problem is that I don't know if using the bot on the second account, but on the same IP, I would also ban the main account.

The gold issue was just curiosity. Because I transferred gold to a friend to buy shadowlands (about 400k + in token value), as it is no longer possible to give gifts through bnet in my region.

Thanks for the answer!

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by startbr View Post
    What I was thinking about was using the bot on the second account only, without assisting any of my main bnet. The problem is that I don't know if using the bot on the second account, but on the same IP, I would also ban the main account.

The gold issue was just curiosity. Because I transferred gold to a friend to buy shadowlands (about 400k + in token value), as it is no longer possible to give gifts through bnet in my region.

Thanks for the answer!
    Giving gold to a friend is 100% okay. The only way this could backfire in any way is if your friend bought gold or something shortly after and they thought you were a supplier, but that would be a fairly easily disproven reach.

The second account is on the same b.net, correct? If so, your main could theoretically be actioned as well, though unlikely if they were "separate" (not xferring gold, etc). Though to your point they could ban everything based off that IP. It's Blizzard + random GM's, so one GM might ban all accounts on the IP when another wouldn't. However, usually IP bans are far less common as two entirely separate people can play on the same IP (though usually not the same b.net account).

What bot are you planning to use, and for what purpose though? I ask because botting is very hard to do efficiently nowadays, and you'll be hard pressed to make enough gold to offset your costs, especially if you're just a casual botter.

startbr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by phantom325 View Post
    Giving gold to a friend is 100% okay. The only way this could backfire in any way is if your friend bought gold or something shortly after and they thought you were a supplier, but that would be a fairly easily disproven reach.

The second account is on the same b.net, correct? If so, your main could theoretically be actioned as well, though unlikely if they were "separate" (not xferring gold, etc). Though to your point they could ban everything based off that IP. It's Blizzard + random GM's, so one GM might ban all accounts on the IP when another wouldn't. However, usually IP bans are far less common as two entirely separate people can play on the same IP (though usually not the same b.net account).

What bot are you planning to use, and for what purpose though? I ask because botting is very hard to do efficiently nowadays, and you'll be hard pressed to make enough gold to offset your costs, especially if you're just a casual botter.
    I was thinking of using farm bot (herb, mining ..). I usually farm manually, nothing so hardcore.

As I am always in front of the PC, I thought it would be a good idea while doing other things. But maybe it's better not to risk it

Anyway, thanks!