Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make accurate turns (esp. 90 degree turns) using keyboard input

Hi,

I have been looking into writing a dungeon farming bot which takes in an .xml script and processes a series of actions using mouse clicks, keys, delays and loops - trying to best emulate actual keyboard strokes and mouseclicks.

One thing I have had difficulty is accurately turning. As far as movement is concerned I find I can go forwards, backwards, and strafe left/right and the consistency each run is pretty exact. As soon as I try to make a turn it gets inconsistent.

I am writing the program in C#, and have been using InputSimulator for the mouse and keystrokes. I also tried Win32 stuff but also seems to have a degree of inconsistency.

For example, turning left or right for 2 seconds (2000ms) should complete a 360 turn. So turning right for 500ms should make a 90 degree turn. And a lot of the time it does, but then sometimes overstretches or doesn't turn enough, which then obviously throws the rest of the bot out.

A snippet of example code - press the right key down, wait 500ms, press right key up again :-

using WindowsInput;
    using WindowsInput.Native;

InputSimulator isim = new InputSimulator();

isim.Keyboard.KeyDown("RIGHT");
    System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(500);
    isim.Keyboard.KeyUp("RIGHT");

I've also tried using Win32 to just tap the LEFT key and then doing this a number of times, once again has inaccurate results.

It's not a problem if it takes several seconds to make a 90 degree turn, I just need it to do it consistently at 90 degrees every run.

Has anyone else had similar experiences and could help?

Make accurate turns (esp. 90 degree turns) using keyboard input