0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting the Z coordinate with only X and Y

As the title says, I'm trying to find the Z coordinate when I only have the X and Y.

I'm currently testing things in a TrinityCore server. When I enter the .gps command, then I see that it gives me the X, Y, Z, which denote the player position, and the GroundZ and FloorZ, where the GroundZ and FloorZ are different from the player Z and represent the lowest Z a player can go to at that given position.
    Based on that my question is - is it possible to read the ground Z value from a table or something similar? That is, is it possible to read the ground Z value using the X and Y coordinates?

Getting the Z coordinate with only X and Y
    InnerSilence's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    13/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get ground level Z value from the table files. That's how map editors draw map terrains. But I am not sure how you can get floor Z values. Even if you could still it was not possible to tell at which ground/floor level your character is atm.

dr4g0n's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by InnerSilence View Post
    You can get ground level Z value from the table files. That's how map editors draw map terrains. But I am not sure how you can get floor Z values. Even if you could still it was not possible to tell at which ground/floor level your character is atm.
    Which table could the ground level Z be found in? I've been trying to dig around the tables, but I haven't managed to find references to Z in the context that I'm interested in. I've found Pos[2] being used here and there, and elevation, but they seem to be denoting different things. I assume I just haven't found the correct table.

Thanks G/R
    13/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dr4g0n View Post
    Which table could the ground level Z be found in? I've been trying to dig around the tables, but I haven't managed to find references to Z in the context that I'm interested in. I've found Pos[2] being used here and there, and elevation, but they seem to be denoting different things. I assume I just haven't found the correct table.
    You need to parse corresponding map adt files. The info you seek is in the MCNK chunk.

Thanks G/R
    13/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you tell me for what reason you need ground Z values, I might be able to help u .

canonxf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by InnerSilence View Post
    if you tell me for what reason you need ground Z values, I might be able to help u .
    I'm not the OP, but I need a solution for Z coordinate, because of a bugged NPC stuck in the texture, but not sure how high/low it is.