Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating a bot for retail

Greetings,

I'm just a casual developer, I have created bots/tools in the past and released for free.

Firstly, HonorBuddy is gone (And all other bots, to my knowledge), hence I've been thinking about creating a simple bot for wow (retail) Or update an already existing source.
    However, a few questions of mine are:

• LazyBot is open-source. Is it detected, and why? And how do we bypass the detection? (Random name generation of the program itself?)
    • Is memory reading out of the picture? Do we need to get pixel colors and use addons, etc?
    • Is anyone else already working on a bot for simple tasks such as farming herbs/ores and/or grinding?

What about a simple recording of key and mouse presses, and use it to interact with wow. Is something as simple as this detected?

I hope someone is sitting on the answers to my questions.

Creating a bot for retail
    Dupheadss's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    38/61
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings man I am glad to hear that there are new people getting into the scene of the WoW BOT development.

I am currently the head of a small group of developers who are working on this project :

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...ns-of-bot.html (Early versions of BOT)

I would love to take you on-board if you would be interested in joining or helping us out feel free to drop me a PM so we may discuss things in further details

In terms of injection as far as I am aware it's pretty much off the table. Even Pixel BOTs have become risky the current "Safest" I use the term safest lightly. Is to use remote control software such a team-viewer to link two PCs together.
    Thus allowing the BOT to run on a separate computer all together.

Kind regards
    Dupheadss

charles420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    25/119
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lazybot was fine no bans leaving it as was when i played with it i did end up trying to make it safer making it choose random names on launch and restricting access rights to my program but there's a lot you will have to update to make it functional between pointers.cs memory.cs spelllist.txt and a few other places

Tail's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know some high up people who pay big bucks to make really private hacks for games like WoW. They spend like 20k on professional coding teams to code Ring 0 hacks, sell it for 1200 a month after that. There is always hacks/bots out there, doesn't matter how good the anti cheat is.

5. Thanks Alfalfa (1 members gave Thanks to Tail for this useful post)