Looking for a program: mark a part of your screen/program to get a real-time window menu

User Tag List

thraryn's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a program: mark a part of your screen/program to get a real-time window

(Found this question on mmo-champion. Do anyone here knows the program he looks for? I am a lurker on this site and I can remember that this sort of program was being suggested in a thread when a player wanted to babysit his bot, but instead of the whole screen, he could just mark the chat and a small part of his character. To see if anybody talked with him or if he got stuck. Would love if anyone got the answer on the name on this program as I also would like to have it. :3)

"Hey there, I have been looking for a program I used for some months ago that I can't remember the name for. I used it to be able to have the chat in World Of Warcraft visible and have my screen covered with a webrowser. With this program I could mark a part of the screen/a program and then get the marked part in a new window that I could move around and it showed the marked part in real time. I could then have this smaller window with only the chat visible on top of everything while I did other things. This did not record anything, but it just showed the marked part in real time without any delay.

If someone knows what I am talking about, I would be really happy if you can tell me what the program was called. I am at the moment searching like a madmen for this and I thought that someone here may have the answer. I have written a few points under this for how I used this program and different things that can be connected with it, just so it may be easier for people to know what I'm looking for.

• When I started the program, a empty window with the frosted Aero background showed up on the screen.
    • You could then right click on the window get up a menu for what you wanted to do. Here you could choose to mark a part of the screen, mark inside a program (Like World Of Warcraft for the chat), to have the window always on the top over all the other programs, hide it.
    • When you either choose to mark on the screen or in a program, you will then be able to drag a square for what you want to see. When you release the marked part will then be in the window and it will either rezise or get bigger, depends on how much you have marked.
    • This window now got the marked part and it showed it in real time, you can move this window around and make it smaller/bigger.
    • This program didn't work at all if you had AERO disabled and only gives you a error when you start it: "Aero Extension is not enabled"
    • You can only see the marked part in real time if you got the program on the screen (Other windows can overlap it). If you minimized the window you have marked in, the window from the program will freeze until you have gotten up the program again on the screen
    • First time I found it, it was by a version that was only compatible with Vista. When I found the name I could find a version that worked with Window 7."

Looking for a program: mark a part of your screen/program to get a real-time window
    Maisteri's Avatar That spoiler guy
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by thraryn View Post
    (Found this question on mmo-champion. Do anyone here knows the program he looks for? I am a lurker on this site and I can remember that this sort of program was being suggested in a thread when a player wanted to babysit his bot, but instead of the whole screen, he could just mark the chat and a small part of his character. To see if anybody talked with him or if he got stuck. Would love if anyone got the answer on the name on this program as I also would like to have it. :3)

"Hey there, I have been looking for a program I used for some months ago that I can't remember the name for. I used it to be able to have the chat in World Of Warcraft visible and have my screen covered with a webrowser. With this program I could mark a part of the screen/a program and then get the marked part in a new window that I could move around and it showed the marked part in real time. I could then have this smaller window with only the chat visible on top of everything while I did other things. This did not record anything, but it just showed the marked part in real time without any delay.

If someone knows what I am talking about, I would be really happy if you can tell me what the program was called. I am at the moment searching like a madmen for this and I thought that someone here may have the answer. I have written a few points under this for how I used this program and different things that can be connected with it, just so it may be easier for people to know what I'm looking for.

• When I started the program, a empty window with the frosted Aero background showed up on the screen.
    • You could then right click on the window get up a menu for what you wanted to do. Here you could choose to mark a part of the screen, mark inside a program (Like World Of Warcraft for the chat), to have the window always on the top over all the other programs, hide it.
    • When you either choose to mark on the screen or in a program, you will then be able to drag a square for what you want to see. When you release the marked part will then be in the window and it will either rezise or get bigger, depends on how much you have marked.
    • This window now got the marked part and it showed it in real time, you can move this window around and make it smaller/bigger.
    • This program didn't work at all if you had AERO disabled and only gives you a error when you start it: "Aero Extension is not enabled"
    • You can only see the marked part in real time if you got the program on the screen (Other windows can overlap it). If you minimized the window you have marked in, the window from the program will freeze until you have gotten up the program again on the screen
    • First time I found it, it was by a version that was only compatible with Vista. When I found the name I could find a version that worked with Window 7."
    Well you could use Xsplit to do that.

It's usually used for streaming but it can do what you are looking for.