Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Publishing WoW 3d party applications

Hi,

I'm currently building an application that reads data from the WoW.exe process. Having this information will put the user in advantage in the game.
    Upon finishing i'm planning on putting it on my website for public usage/downloads.

Question about that:
    Is it illegal to create a tool that extracts data from a process and distribute it?

Anyone can tell more about this? Or can anyone point me to a good thread about this subject?

Thx for the replies in advance,

Joost

Publishing WoW 3d party applications
    homer91's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    59/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by joostvanpoppel View Post
    Hi,

I'm currently building an application that reads data from the WoW.exe process. Having this information will put the user in advantage in the game.
    Upon finishing i'm planning on putting it on my website for public usage/downloads.

Question about that:
    Is it illegal to create a tool that extracts data from a process and distribute it?

Anyone can tell more about this? Or can anyone point me to a good thread about this subject?

Thx for the replies in advance,

Joost
    I would say yes. I think every 3rd party application unauthorized by blizzard is illegal.
    Section C in TOS says :
    "use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines,” or otherwise collects information from or through the Game or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by the Game to store information about a character or the game environment; provided, however, that Blizzard may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces; "

There must be some threads about this topic on the forum, I remember reading it once. Also check out warden wiki and wow's wiki page.