Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about botting and bans.

Hey guys,
    I recently got HonorBuddy to do some farming and have been doing pretty well so far. I just have one question. I have 2 accounts, one is my main, and one is for botting. I have never even opened the bot when my main acc was up. What I do is I farm ore on my bot accounts main, send it to an alt on the bot account. The alt on the bot account is in a guild with an alt on my main account. I put the ore in the guild from my botting account and take it out from my main account. I distribute it by selling it to private buyers ONLY via CoD (I never make auctions). I've never sold gold or done anything illegal on my main acc.

Could Blizz ban my main account for taking these ores and selling them (Non ah)?

Thanks
    Maro

Question about botting and bans.
    CCmasta's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used Pirox for a long time. I had the same setup you had. 1 account for PvE and 1 for botting. What I did was make a guild between a level 1 i had on my main account and a level 1 on my bot account. My main account had the GM privileges on the guild and I only deposited items from my bot account. I also had a Real Life friend as a member in the guild who I knew wouldn't rob me. ( As a fail-safe if both accounts somehow got banned)

I did this for about 6 months. Collecting Ore/Skin Fish and Herbs on my botting account, and depositing them into my private guild back and then withdrawing only when I needed them from my Main Account. I also only sold items from my bot account with Trade Chat I never sold them from my main account.

The short answer for you is that Blizzard could pretty much ban you at any moment for anything. They have guidelines, but once you start going down the botting world, you need to be ok that you might just lose your accounts.

However if you are careful, and dont just sell everything you collect in one day, follow the market, and use the guild bank as a way to store them so your not constantly mailing or trading directly, you should be just fine.

Happy Botting

Black Gull's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A short answer will be. Yes they can. It's safer to sell the ores via AH, than c.o.d'ing.

Btw your way to paranoid. If you don't but more than 12 hours a day you can easily bot on your main account aswell, while staying safe. I've been doing so for over 4½ years now.