Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NPC' Boss fight (real time) simulator, possible?

Hi there, I've just had an idea and I was curious to see if it is possible.

I thought about an add-on, on steroids or just a program to simulate a boss fight with 9, 24 or 39 other simulate players who are intelligent NPC's following tactics properly.
    Maybe an option to choose what setup you would like, reforge options enchants, gems. Able to choose which boss you would like to face at what level with what stats etc. Think of it as a Microsoft Flight Simulator X program.

I hope you know what I'm trying to say because I can't really delineate it properly.

...Just a live boss fight with a full raid (including you) with options to modify every variable to make it as real as possible to retail so you can practice or just raid to kill time.
    Last edited by 240287; 07-18-2011 at 10:34 AM.

NPC' Boss fight (real time) simulator, possible?
    DrakeFish's Avatar Lazy Leecher

Thanks G/R
    0/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 240287 View Post
    Hi there, I've just had an idea and I was curious to see if it is possible.

I thought about an add-on, on steroids or just a program to simulate a boss fight with 9, 24 or 39 other simulate players who are intelligent NPC's following tactics properly.
    Maybe an option to choose what setup you would like, reforge options enchants, gems. Able to choose which boss you would like to face at what level with what stats etc. Think of it as a Microsoft Flight Simulator X program.

I hope you know what I'm trying to say because I can't really delineate it properly.

...Just a live boss fight with a full raid (including you) with options to modify every variable to make it as real as possible to retail so you can practice or just raid to kill time.
    Well, yes of course it's possible but it would require so much work to code everything (even if you base on an existing private server core) that I'm not even sure it would be worth it. Also having other NPCs that do exactly what they have to do would make it easy for the person testing it, wouldn't it? This would require you to code AI for DPS, Tanks, Healers and make them interact together. This is possible and I would recommend you coding them alike and giving them some kind of script of rotation to respect. This could be an interesting project, but it could also be time consuming for something that in the end may not be working like it was supposed to. (Bosses would have to be blizz-like too if you want the fight to be realistic)

edit: I also forgot to mention that I don't think all Cataclysm spells are coded good yet (I didn't check this, but it would surprise me)
    Last edited by DrakeFish; 07-18-2011 at 10:55 AM.

240287's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed I had thought and had concerns about that. (Nobody is perfect).
    Perhaps if we had another option to give a few player NPC's 'slight lag and fps issues' just so the responses are delayed by 0.7-1.3 second/S so it would be more realistic.

And I can imagine this taking a very, very long time to create even with some of the work already existing.

And if it took as long as i'm thinking to develop the boss fight may be slightly out dated/or you've already learned and killed it on normal/heroic in retail because you first need to learn the fight to program it as close to retail as you could get it which isn't going to happen too quickly either.

Would be a really really great program though.
    Last edited by 240287; 07-18-2011 at 11:03 AM.