Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange question: Accidental speedhack?

Hey all

I have a strange problem. Apparently I've somehow downloaded some type of hack or something for WoW without realizing it and I need to remove it because apparently it's quite detectable and I've already been banned once.

The thing is, I didn't want or try to download any type of hack or bot, so I don't know what I'm looking for to delete.

Essentially what is happening is this:

* All my chars move really fast
    * Other player chars appear to be moving at the same speed
    * The GCD seems to have been lowered? (I can't quite tell, everything is moving way faster. For example, I casted Portal which should last 10s. My castbar shows the spell completing after 7 seconds, although the portal won't show until 10s are up.)

A GM had me reinstall WoW but that didn't clean it, which makes me think it's some type of memory hack? I've no idea what I'm doing tbh.

Anyhow, if any of you have any ideas what I have, and how to remove it, I'd really appreciate it. thx
    Last edited by lupe; 06-20-2011 at 04:09 AM.

Strange question: Accidental speedhack?
    Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enable UAC and restart. It might ask for permission on startup, so see if you can find a process name with that method. If not, download a good anti-virus. Kaspersky is good.

Do any other games bug out like this?

lupe's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help man.

I ran a malwarebytes and MSE full scans right away, and they didn't find anything. UAC on max didn't notice anything, either.

Actually yes, I was playing NBA2k11 after I couldn't get on WoW, and everything was moving extremely fast. It's like the game was sped up like 50% or something. Kinda strange I thought...almost makes me think it's a hardware malfunction or something.

Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lupe View Post
    Thanks for the help man.

I ran a malwarebytes and MSE full scans right away, and they didn't find anything. UAC on max didn't notice anything, either.

Actually yes, I was playing NBA2k11 after I couldn't get on WoW, and everything was moving extremely fast. It's like the game was sped up like 50% or something. Kinda strange I thought...almost makes me think it's a hardware malfunction or something.
    I'd say it was a hardware problem to be honest. It'd be best to take it to a computer repair shop. It'd probably be too complex to sort out over forums

Good luck!