Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Botting on the verge of gettin detected easier?

On mmo-champs main page:

Originally Posted by Bashiok (Source)
    We’re in the process of stepping up our detection and tracking to log and action players that are botting, or habitually AFKing in the Battlegrounds. We’ll be taking aggressive action and removing earned items, Honor Points, and ultimately suspending or even banning accounts of those that are found to be botting or habitually AFKing. It’s a sophisticated level of monitoring we’re undertaking. No one actively playing in the Battlegrounds normally should be concerned that they’ll be actioned.

Now it seems like theyre mainly targeting BG;
    but what is your take on it?
    Do you think theyll target SGather'ers too?
    Do you think they can stop gather botting?
    Or do you think the hackers are just as intelligent as their developers and people like JuJuBosc will always have a nifty solution?

Is Botting on the verge of gettin detected easier?
    Tableseckz's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why try to detect one thing more than the other?
    Even if they do implement a new system, it doesn't mean a thing. Might put a few programmers 'out of business' (for lack of a better phrase; don't judge me I'm on an hour of sleep) but the only thing an update/patch/hotfix is to anyone is a challenge to find a way around it.

xRaBBiTx's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it seems they dislike BGAFKing more than GatherBotting. And yeah that is true, but this time its as if they worded it with more confidence, or a trick up their sleeve.

ahf620's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it comes to software, there's always a way through, it all depends on finding it.
    Ofcourse people will try to make their bots even safer from being detected by Warden, but we don't know what blizzard is going to do exactly, i've spoken with many GMs and they all say the same, And what i understood from what they said is that they're either adding a new detection team/method, or increasing the detection methods -Warden- to a rather extreme extent.
    To be honest, i look forward to what the bot-makers/programmers are going to do to avoid that.
    https://db.tt/lbFPTs1

Bonkler's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it comes to Warden detection there are few bots out there which will never be detected by it. Im talking about trully profesional bots used by gold making companies that dont use game client AT ALL.

You might not take my word for it, but back in WotLK there used to be a publicised interview with a boter who made a living out of it.

He stated that best bots dont use WoW Client but simply send out packets of information straight to blizzard servers without using a client and thus... Warden. Supposedly those programs are helluva expensive and you have to know who sells them.
    Those bots are not mainstream and never will be. They are used by a very small minority.
    The interviewed boter did not tell out any names for the sake of keeping it a secret.

Another thing he mentioned was supposedly a interesting tool which links up to his cellphone, laptop etc and what it does is notifies him whenever a GM contacts him. Supposedly it saved his skin many many times.

ahf620's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah some bots currently have the cellphone feature, and the whole botting thing is really interesting when you go deep enough , but we're talking about Blizzard increasing their detection to an extreme extent that most public -even payed ones- will be detected easily.
    https://db.tt/lbFPTs1

pewpewlazerz's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    4/6
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ahf620 View Post
    i've spoken with many GMs and they all say the same, And what i understood from what they said is that they're either adding a new detection team/method, or increasing the detection methods -Warden- to a rather extreme extent.
    I know a few GM's and I'd just like to say that they reallly don't know that much about what the devs are doing about detection... they are all basically the same as people that answer phones for customer support and most of them were promoted from that... I'm not saying they aren't trying to make new ways of how to detect bots, but dont always trust the GMs, they may "hear" the next big detection process, but they don't know anything about it.