Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do the websites send in-game mail to everyone?

Hey guys,

I asked a long time ago, but I really want to give this another shot.

I want to be able to contact people on the server that I play on about something I would like to offer them. I will only be sending the in-game mail to people on my server, and although I am not interested in scamming them, I think these forums probably contain the most info. on this sort of thing.

I am sure we are all familiar with the gold websites who send promotions etc via in game mail. I thought that this in-game mail is deleted by Blizzard as soon as they find someone mass mailing, but I return to my mail box some times after days and I see these spams are still in my mail box - I am not sure how they got away with the message not being deleted by Blizzard.

Anyhow, I am wondering if anyone can help me out on how to send in-game mail to all the people on my server.

It would need to obviously collect character names, then send a 'set' message to everyone on a list, etc. It can probably be done manually through going "/who" and adding the people to your friends list, then using another addon to send a mass mail to everyone on your friends list.

However, the issue is - friends list only holds 50 people, so you will need to delete them and re-put another 50 people after the first 50 mails are sent. Then you might accidentally send the same mail to the same person more than once, etc etc. It would be much better if you could somehow just 'read' the player info, put it into a word document file and then get the mail sent to everyone on the word document, to make sure they only get hit with the in-game mail once. I don't want to be spamming the same message a lot, people will hate me. I just want to use the tool occasionally.

I would also be willing to pay for a tool that could fulfill these needs. Although, I don't have hundreds to spend...

Please help me out if you can.

Thanks!

How do the websites send in-game mail to everyone?
    Multitask's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    read the bold red letters. I know the answer but i will not tell due to that fact....

Trollin's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answer: A bot

Extra: Nice why to label it as a Tool.. Because it seems that's what you are. <3

krzysiek's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for posting in the wrong area. Not everyone always uses forums on a regular basis.. sorry for my mistake.

Very humorous to see people like "Trollin" hiding behind the internet, calling people names. I would not be surprised if you're a skinny little teenagers whose face is covered in acne, and as a result has no self confidence whatsoever.

Sorry for the incorrect posting, please remove it / edit it moderators if you don't mind.

Thanks

Kitsuji's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Trollin.

krzysiek's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your support is a lost cause.

Därkness's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by krzysiek View Post
    Hey guys,

I asked a long time ago, but I really want to give this another shot.

I want to be able to contact people on the server that I play on about something I would like to offer them. I will only be sending the in-game mail to people on my server, and although I am not interested in scamming them, I think these forums probably contain the most info. on this sort of thing.

I am sure we are all familiar with the gold websites who send promotions etc via in game mail. I thought that this in-game mail is deleted by Blizzard as soon as they find someone mass mailing, but I return to my mail box some times after days and I see these spams are still in my mail box - I am not sure how they got away with the message not being deleted by Blizzard.

Anyhow, I am wondering if anyone can help me out on how to send in-game mail to all the people on my server.

It would need to obviously collect character names, then send a 'set' message to everyone on a list, etc. It can probably be done manually through going "/who" and adding the people to your friends list, then using another addon to send a mass mail to everyone on your friends list.

However, the issue is - friends list only holds 50 people, so you will need to delete them and re-put another 50 people after the first 50 mails are sent. Then you might accidentally send the same mail to the same person more than once, etc etc. It would be much better if you could somehow just 'read' the player info, put it into a word document file and then get the mail sent to everyone on the word document, to make sure they only get hit with the in-game mail once. I don't want to be spamming the same message a lot, people will hate me. I just want to use the tool occasionally.

I would also be willing to pay for a tool that could fulfill these needs. Although, I don't have hundreds to spend...

Please help me out if you can.

Thanks!
    What made you think ud get more help this time lol? Make a bot. All it needs is to send mail to a list of people, it would take a whole 10 minutes. As for this list of names.... I actually released a dumper for this. And I posted a link to it in your original thread. Anyhow link is down and source (its actually an addon and a txt I/O app written in Delphi) is on my old comp (Downstairs also known as lost :P) so make your own one if you didn't save it, or pm hamburger(some number i forget) I sent the addon to him once.

So your list of things to do:
    - make a addon that has a global variable table-array-thing(lol) where it stores the names of all characters that are "loaded" into the who list (See hooking functions in addons on wowwiki) (basicly replace the who loader function with code that does the same thing but also stores it in your global variables).
    - Bot to use different combination of /who to dump a list of names
    - Text In/Out program to read the lua config file where the global variable is saved on closing wow, and convert it to a list of names with a name on each line
    - Bot to send mail to those names

Or you could learn how to read lua data in wow with memory reads/writes ><
    Last edited by Därkness; 07-11-2010 at 02:12 AM.

"I shall call him Tufty," - Raest, Malazan Book of the Fallen.

krzysiek's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Darkness,

Thanks for your reply. I unfortunately do not have the time right now to invest into learning how to code all of this stuff, hence I am trying to find a working solution. I am happy to compensate for something that works, but I would need to spend a huge amount of time to learn how to do it myself - as I have no previous background in any of it.

Därkness's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...e-players.html

Re-upped it because I was feeling nice. Your going to have to write your own mass mailer though

Not sure if the addon still works though haha >.<

"I shall call him Tufty," - Raest, Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Iaccidentallytwink's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by krzysiek View Post
    Very humorous to see people like "Trollin" hiding behind the internet, calling people names. I would not be surprised if you're a skinny little teenagers whose face is covered in acne, and as a result has no self confidence whatsoever.
    Refer to "Trollin"'s signature.