0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Request] Rotation Bot

Okay, so there are a lot of WoW bots out there, but they all do pretty much the same thing, right? It's all farming mobs, gathering stuff or AFK'ing in battlegrounds.

But why can't I find any bots that just deal with DPS rotations? The farming bots can kill mobs, but they're aren't using attacks in a very efficient way. If there was a bot out there that could detect cooldowns on abilities, range to target, whether or not the character is moving etc and just deal with the DPS rotation while the player moves the character, I would use it.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about a bot that will push your Arcane Blast button 4 times then push your Arcane Missiles button once. I'm looking for one that is intelligent as possible, checking buffs and debuffs active, range, cooldowns, movement, latency vs hasted spell cast time etc.

I know absolutely nothing about programming a bot, but MrFishIt (for example) has access to pretty much all of the information from the client that this bot would need, I think? And if the details about specific classes can be scripted and altered easily by the end user, then that would own.

Is there anything like this in the works someplace? If not, how much would one have to pay to see it happen?

[Request] Rotation Bot
    Renyei's Avatar Contributor Hand of God
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hasselhoofz View Post
    how much would one have to pay to see it happen?
    $500 and your soul...

Jeremiah's Avatar Former Mod
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It couldn't work, or at least, it wouldn't work properly. Here's why:

- A bot can certainly provide support when automating a spell rotation, unless, for example, you begin to move during the automation cycle during a boss fight, and the spell isn't cast. This would essentially throw off the entire rotation, and make a mess.

- A bot wouldn't take into account the refreshing of spells. For example, readiness would offset the pre-programmed rotation because the bot wouldn't expect or anticipate the sudden refresh, and would treat the other spells as if they were on their normal cooldown.
    Leecher -> Active -> News Team -> Contrib -> News Team Leader -> Moderator -> Former Mod
    Proud Ownedcore Member 2007-2012

Cheatz0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by aphel View Post

- A bot can certainly provide support when automating a spell rotation, unless, for example, you begin to move during the automation cycle during a boss fight, and the spell isn't cast. This would essentially throw off the entire rotation, and make a mess.

- A bot wouldn't take into account the refreshing of spells. For example, readiness would offset the pre-programmed rotation because the bot wouldn't expect or anticipate the sudden refresh, and would treat the other spells as if they were on their normal cooldown.
    You are wrong. An intelligent enough bot would not use the kind of system that you are describing. This project is actually one of the easier ones to make as a bot-developer, since you don't have to deal with movement(which imo is the hardest part to get right in a bot).

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cheatz0 View Post
    You are wrong. An intelligent enough bot would not use the kind of system that you are describing. This project is actually one of the easier ones to make as a bot-developer, since you don't have to deal with movement(which imo is the hardest part to get right in a bot).
    Describe to me, then, why I am wrong.

Explain the system you claim could do such a thing.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Better yet, could any of the coders explain how this is possible?
    Leecher -> Active -> News Team -> Contrib -> News Team Leader -> Moderator -> Former Mod

Cheatz0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Describe to me, then, why I am wrong.

Explain the system you claim could do such a thing.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Better yet, could any of the coders explain how this is possible?
    As a coder myself: I have done the very thing that OP is describing. Given that you have a bot framework capable of the basic things, such as dumping all the objects around you, and being able to fetch some basic info about them such as buffs, hp/mp, if they are casting, etc, and also be able to send input to wow, it's not hard at all. The system would not rely on a "hard-coded" combat rotation(ex. Cast Starfire-Sleep(1000)-Cast Wrath), but could for example be an FSM. The state machine would pulse x times every second, and at every pulse it could do something like if(!Me.IsCasting) { if(!Me.Target.Buffs.Contains("Insect Swarm") { CastSpellByName("Insect Swarm") }}

The above is very ugly pseudo code, but maybe you get my point?

7. Thanks SomeTexasDude (1 members gave Thanks to Cheatz0 for this useful post)
    Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are VERY wrong.

My - private - bots use a quite sophisticated combat system that takes several important factors in account such as positioning, situational awareness, group setup, and optimal dps rotations. (It's mainly aimed at pvp but can be used as a pve dummy)

It's versalite enough to win several arena's in the TR. (2v2 - Disc/Mutilate)
    My rogue also reaches close to his spreadsheet DPS with it.

Any self respecting programmer and reverser can extract the required information from the client.
    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." - Martin Golding
    "I cried a little earlier when I had to poop" - Sku

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cheatz0 View Post
    As a coder myself: I have done the very thing that OP is describing. Given that you have a bot framework capable of the basic things, such as dumping all the objects around you, and being able to fetch some basic info about them such as buffs, hp/mp, if they are casting, etc, and also be able to send input to wow, it's not hard at all. The system would not rely on a "hard-coded" combat rotation(ex. Cast Starfire-Sleep(1000)-Cast Wrath), but could for example be an FSM. The state machine would pulse x times every second, and at every pulse it could do something like if(!Me.IsCasting) { if(!Me.Target.Buffs.Contains("Insect Swarm") { CastSpellByName("Insect Swarm") }}

The above is very ugly pseudo code, but maybe you get my point?
    Thanks for the explanation. I admit that my knowledge of coding is -very- limited.

Mazzyr's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im currently playing a resto druid with Honorbuddy, only thing honorbuddy controls is the healing to the group/raid all movement are up to me, and with a edited CC in Honorbuddy, you can pretty much get it do what ever rotation you wanna do. (Best bot to replace LuaNinja if that what you are looking for) Have gone so fare to this day to have healed 10/12 in ICC25 just by simple mouse movement, see thats awesome.

Alcapwned's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a bot would be nice. Unfortunately, I'm not the man. But I'd rep the one being that man (:

Btw Aphel, more should do like you; commiting that they've, well, "lost" the discussion instead of flaming

Ssateneth's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would love the return of luaninja... or some sort of plugin for honorbuddy to be like luaninja.

thefarmer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ssateneth i second that

saberene's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know you can create cast seqeunce macros that makes your rotation 1 button for most classes. I wonder if it couldnt be just that simple to create a bot to do the same thing (basically) except it actually monitor cooldowns for trinkets, procs, etc.

Ssateneth's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by saberene View Post
    You know you can create cast seqeunce macros that makes your rotation 1 button for most classes. I wonder if it couldnt be just that simple to create a bot to do the same thing (basically) except it actually monitor cooldowns for trinkets, procs, etc.
    most classes have reactive abilities or complex rotations to achieve maximum dps. doing a simple castsquence would result in bad dps.

Moroar's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean seriusly, just ****ing make a cast sequence macro for your class/spec, hell its so easy to make one ill make one for u, and if you really really cant click one macro button yourself, get a mouse clicker bot lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast