Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, can you make me a macro that for my warlock that will check the target for debuffs, and apply if necessary, lifetap if i need it, take a health pot if i need it, direct damage and clip dots if needed to maximise dps?
    I thought that Blizz had locked down macros to stop people doing that, but if you know how to do it im all ears?
    If what you are suggesting is a simple rotation of spells that doesnt recast if things resist, check health/mana and reapply dots, then GTFO this thread where someone is asking for something that does.

[Request] Rotation Bot
    mnbvc's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    these bots exist and they do ofc play the rotation (dps/healing/tanking, whatever you want) better than any human player (yes, even when you are moving)... they are just not public

Randomizer's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truth be told it isn't hard to do. Make a priority check on the rotation and a ismoving check for casters.

1. Health / Mana check
    2. Rotation Availability/Debuff Check.
    3. IsMoving Variable and a Range Check to make sure spells don't miss fire due to range or unable to cast.

As others said all you need to do is be able to monitor your health mana, Then spell debuff / ready check along with a range check and you are done. The hardest part of that (if you want to call it hard) is checking debuff timers and checking to make sure the spell is ready. In all seriousness it would just take some time writing it for every class spec.

I have been putting some serious thought into writing this for my guildies. Not sure I want to do that though.
    Last edited by Randomizer; 05-13-2010 at 12:14 PM.

krayz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If any class rotations were hard or complicated, sure, this bot would be fantastic. However, this is not the case. I can't imagine anyone that lazy.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually implementing something like this takes a whopping 6-7 hours. And can even be done fully out of process. (Though; in process makes things so much easier)

I seriously don't understand why people think this stuff is impossible, when just about every decent bot can do this. (Take out the navigation in a bot, and all but the combat logic, and you have exactly what the OP is looking for)

Hell, I may even release a little framework for people to mess with. (Totally passive of course)

hasselhoofz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspected someone might weigh in and say this was easy to do, just as I expected others would walk in and say it's impossible.

Originally Posted by krayz View Post
    If any class rotations were hard or complicated, sure, this bot would be fantastic. However, this is not the case. I can't imagine anyone that lazy.
    Some class rotations are harder than others, but even the easy classes (Mutilate rogue anyone?) aren't easy to do extremely well. Everything can be timed more accurately, and there is always someone, somewhere in the world who can squeeze that 2% more DPS out of your character than you can. It's not that I can't handle my rotation, it's that I always fall that 2-5% short of what the spreadsheet says my character is capable of because my reaction times are in that 200-300ms range, plus ~150ms latency, and my decision making isn't always spot on. (One or two minor mistakes over a 6 minute fight can chop a lot of DPS off)

I'd love to take a look at one of those Private bots that can keep up with this stuff, but then again, it wouldn't be very private if you showed it to me.

@Apoc: if you have 6-7 hours to throw at putting that framework together and making it public, I would be immensely grateful.

dcypher's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wsfrazier's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does one find these private bots, or get on the list for one? I assume clients are extremely limited to not gain attention.

If anyone in this thread is a dev of a private bot, can you PM me your cost and availability?

mrbob's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow 10 year old thread necro, impressive!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12