0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[GUIDE] How to Setup and Use PQR

This is specifically for Live Retail versions of WoW. Using PQR on a private server or on PTR usually requires more advanced knowledge as you need to edit offsets or sometimes profile code itself.

Since I keep seeing people asking how to set up PQR, I figured I'd make a guide and try to include as much info as I can. Any additional info I can add, please let me know.

Downloading PQR

1) Click here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...PQRUpdater.exe
    2) Move the file where you want PQR to be installed and run PQRUpdater.exe
    3) If you get this error:

You need to download the .Net Framework. Go here: Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) from Official Microsoft Download Center and click download. After it downloads, install the file.
    4) If you did everything right, you should get this screen:

5) Click "Download Latest Version" and leave the two boxes below checked. You should get this screen if it downloaded successfully:

6) Load WoW and log into your character. Once everything is logged in, go to where you installed PQR and open the folder. You should have these files in it:

7) Run PQR.exe. This screen will pop up:

Once you see this screen, congratulations, PQR is detecting your character and everything is loaded correctly.

There are two other screens you may get at this point if something isn't set up right.
    a)
    This means you are not logged into 32-bit WoW. PQR only works with the 32-bit version. Open your WoW Launcher, go to Options in the top left, then Game Preferences and make sure "Launch 32-bit client" is checked.
    b)
    This means your offsets are not current with the version of WoW. Try clicking "Download Offsets". This will attempt to download the correct files from Xelper's dropbox. If nothing changes, it means Xelper doesn't have the most current offsets uploaded yet. At this point, you either need to wait for him, or check Main PQR Thread for someone to have posted the newest offsets up. Usually someone will create a .zip or .rar file and post the link on that thread. Download the file and copy it into your offsets folder where PQR is installed. After doing this, reload PQR and you should see the first picture posted.

Downloading and setting up a profile
    1) Click the select button in PQR when it shows your character name. This screen will pop up:

This is the screen you will see if you haven't set up any rotations for your character yet. From here, you need to download a profile for the class you want to use. I keep a list of all working community profiles that I am aware of here: Community List of Profiles Ignore the date listed on the title thread, it won't let me change it anymore.

2) For installing the actual profiles, I'm going to link Kinkeh's awesome giant post. Not all profiles will have everything listed here, but this should show you where each file goes if the profile does include it.

Originally Posted by Kinkeh View Post
    Here's a step-by-step guide on installing one of our profiles , I will reference this post in the future and I'd appreciate others to do the same!

Step 1). Download the profile(s) you want from the original thread by clicking one of the following links:

Step 2). Extract the contents of the zip.

(You should now have a folder in the same location as the Zip containing the profile package. If the folder contains a "Release Candidate, this is the one you will be using as it's the most recent)

Step 3). Open your PQR directory and copy over the two files inside the 'Release Candidate' Priest folder, into the Priest directory of your PQR folder.

Step 4). Now let's do the same for the data file(s).

>>

Step 5.) Now let's install the PQInterface addon, download it from here.
    Extract the contents from this as well and locate the "PQInterface" folder, this is what you'll want to install.

>>

Make sure you enable out of date addons and you should now be completely set-up!

Gigantic post but I did this so it never has to be explained again, can simply link anyone to this specific guide in the future.
    3) Once in game, you hit whatever combination is listed to the right of the rotation you want to use in PQR, ie: Alt-X is usually the top one. You can change the key combination by clicking on the blue link and selecting what you want to use instead. Most profiles also require you to be in combat to start their rotations, especially ranged ones, so you may have to use an ability or auto swing to get started. To turn the rotation off, you just hit the same key combination you did to start it.
    Former PQR Developer

[GUIDE] How to Setup and Use PQR
    Ninjaderp's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice effort putting all this together, I hope someone makes it stickied because its needed! +rep to you

ph34rt3hcute1's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    7/61
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed +rep but I have to know what that background image is.
    BadRotations
    Developer

kuukuu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ph34rt3hcute1 View Post
    Indeed +rep but I have to know what that background image is.
    Which background image?

EDIT: Oh wait, you mean in Kinkeh's post? Have to ask them :P
    Former PQR Developer

ph34rt3hcute1's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    7/61
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No i meant in yours there are some screenshots without the background in it.

EDIT: Now I am a derp, i see you quoted Kinkeh.
    BadRotations
    Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ph34rt3hcute1 View Post
    No i meant in yours there are some screenshots without the background in it.

EDIT: Now I am a derp, i see you quoted Kinkeh.
    Haha yep, it was a good post and I'm lazy sometimes XD
    Former PQR Developer

CodeMyLife's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    24/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome idea Kuukuu tyvm mate!!
    Soapbox Rotations Developer

Kinkeh's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide, thanks for referencing my post!

Jangles65's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im still lost here..I downloaded PQR and have it attached to my client but I cant find any of the folders mentioned in the guide such as release client , profiles and data folders

Im good up to the point of adding a rotation and starting the bot ..Is this an outdated installation thread?

xcureanddisease's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are the offsets updated for 5.4??????

Ninjaderp's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long story - Yes

In short - Yes

Kidkaddy's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a very helpful post which brings me to my question.
    Is PQ Interface something that most people use and where can I get a copy as the download link on the PQI wiki gives me PQInstallation.7z which I cannot seem to open.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jangles65 View Post
    Im still lost here..I downloaded PQR and have it attached to my client but I cant find any of the folders mentioned in the guide such as release client , profiles and data folders

Im good up to the point of adding a rotation and starting the bot ..Is this an outdated installation thread?
    Nope it's not. Every profile has two files at minimum, one being Rotations, the other being Abilities. They go in the folder under profiles in PQR that has your class name. If the profile has a data file as well, which will end in .lua, that goes in the folder called data for PQR. Release client is something specific to Mentally's profiles and won't necessarily be there hence the "IF the folder contains a "Release Candidate, this is the one you will be using as it's the most recent".

Originally Posted by Kidkaddy View Post
    This is a very helpful post which brings me to my question.
    Is PQ Interface something that most people use and where can I get a copy as the download link on the PQI wiki gives me PQInstallation.7z which I cannot seem to open.
    7z is a 7 zip file. You need a program capable of opening the file, like Winrar.
    Former PQR Developer

macthebaws's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've manually renamed the file and tried doing it with updater itself as well and nothing seems to work even manually starting wow from the folder it will either say invalid wow as it has been or it won't even register that there is a wow open at all if I use the renamed file to launch the game. I'm probably missing something simple and stupid but for the life of me I can't figure out what's going on if anyone can help I would really appreciate it ! Thanks a bunch.

Primordiarch's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you get PQInterface work for 3.3.5a ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast