349/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

NO Trading or asking for Donations allowed

We do not allow trading or asking for Donations - neither in threads nor signatures.

This goes for "You can buy my "donator" profiles here". You can have a link in your signature, but for the moment, we don't want advertising of paid profiles here!!!
    Last edited by KuRIoS; 11-10-2012 at 07:39 AM.

NO Trading or asking for Donations allowed
    Nov17's Avatar Sergeant Major CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a question:

If me as a buyer - wants to find a coder or developer to write my very own profile can I advertise at this sub forum?

Bgreen12's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have thought a lot about why this type of thing isn't allowed in this forum and it just leaves me confused.

The best profiles take an extreme amount of time and care to make perfect and I just don't understand what's wrong about asking for monetary compensation for them.

If I make a thread asking for a donation for my profile I am not sticking my hands in peoples pants and forcing them to give me money.. I am saying:

"I worked extremely hard on this profile and I believe it is worth this much. If you agree, then donate and receive the profile. If you disagree then simply ignore this profile and move on."

It is unbelievable the amount of garbage that people are throwing on these forums and expect people to actually use them to raid / pvp with. Its insulting to the community. If you allow developers to charge for their profiles, it will make the quality of the profiles skyrocket since people will actually have an incentive to work extremely hard on them.

The developers are not cheating anyone or being deceptive by asking for a donation for their hard work.

TLDR: Allow developers to charge for profiles, it will make for much better quality profiles.

Gabbz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tbh i disagree.

The community before people was "asking" for donations was much more friendly. Then some profilers (was mainly new members) started to ask for donations to get there profiles. After that the community has dwindled downstairs. The flaming and insulting is common nowdays. One reason for that is the "selling" of profiles cause the seller need to establish his work is so good that people need to pay for it. So they usually start name calling and as you youself says "It is unbelievable the amount of garbage that people are throwing on these forums"
    And then the flame wars starts.

And tbh i would have no problem (and i dont think the people on Ownedcore agree) if you ask for donations. The thing i disagree with is that you must "donate" to get the profile.
    If you think you doing a job that you need to get payed doing then this forums arnt for you imho.
    Looking for exploiters and botters to Elder Scrolls Online.

Bgreen12's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK well how about if I ask in a friendly manner for donations and as a friendly gesture I'll give you a profile that I been at work for 3 months developing.

Just because the developer doesn't make you feel all warm and fuzzy isn't a reason for mods to stop them from selling, that's a ridiculous contention to make.

You're saying that if I just throw the word "friendly" in there than it will be all better. Well here's the clue train and the last stop is you: I didn't spend 3 months of work on my profiles to just hand it out in a friendly manner. My profiles smash faces and I'm not about to just let it out for free. My asking price is more than fair and everyone who has purchased it feels more than satisfied. I am doing the community a service by selling the profile. I could just as easily kept it to myself and nobody could have it at all. But as a direct result of my hard work I get paid a little and the purchaser reaps the benefits of playing with my profile.

Its aggravating for everyone to expect free shit. That's not how the world works or things like currency wouldn't exist.

Fascists.

Aegeus's Avatar Contributor Walter White CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you pay to join this site or pay a subscription fee? No.
    Does the software you use to make these profiles work cost you anything or require a subscription? No.

What exactly was your problem?

bu_ba_911's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now my stance on this was this....

Release everything you have, your best stuff you can possibly do, and if some1 goes up to you and says.... i appreciate your hard work that you've done for me, let me share something with you...
    I liked having a link ready for them

I asked every donator to PM me saying that they did and for what profiles I coded so that I could personally thank them for their generosity

I think asking for a donation to get privileges isn't technically a donation thats buying a service XD

Since i've been asked to take down my Donation links for me and my team, we have all received less donations.... i personally used my donations to pay for Game Time and other such things like Character Transfers and such..... It pains me that the community turned to the scheme it has *sigh*
    ^0^Team Nova's PQR NCC ^0^

If you think someone did something good, take the time to show your appreciation!

temp123's Avatar Member
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bu_ba_911 View Post

Release everything you have, your best stuff you can possibly do, and if some1 goes up to you and says.... i appreciate your hard work that you've done for me, let me share something with you...

I asked every donator to PM me saying that they did and for what profiles I coded so that I could personally thank them for their generosity

I think asking for a donation to get privileges isn't technically a donation thats buying a service XD

Since i've been asked to take down my Donation links for me and my team, we have all received less donations.... i personally used my donations to pay for Game Time and other such things like Character Transfers and such..... It pains me that the community turned to the scheme it has *sigh*
    I wondering if forum admin is some decent code guru or same leecher like me. Because I can't find logical explanation behind this plot. Team nova and every other single coder on this forum deserve all money they can get for FREE work they been doing for years. And if they decide to move on to premium services hell ye I'm glad to use them.

P.S No offence given to anyone

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    349/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bu_ba_911 View Post

Use a trade section forum to sell them if you want money . We never allowed "Donate" buttons on OC/mmowned, not in sigs and not in posts, so just because some coders come around and starts coding on something that was and has always been free, PQR rotation addon, it doesnt give them the right to break the rules.
    Sure, you can give them a PM with a donation link IF THEY ASK FOR IT, you can not post it publicly in threads.

Originally Posted by temp123 View Post
    I wondering if forum admin is some decent code guru or same leecher like me. Because I can't find logical explanation behind this plot. Team nova and every other single coder on this forum deserve all money they can get for FREE work they been doing for years. And if they decide to move on to premium services hell ye I'm glad to use them.

P.S No offence given to anyone
    Not a code guru at all no, but rules are rules. If you dont like it, fine, but it wont change

No offence taken

bu_ba_911's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    Use a trade section forum to sell them if you want money . We never allowed "Donate" buttons on OC/mmowned, not in sigs and not in posts, so just because some coders come around and starts coding on something that was and has always been free, PQR rotation addon, it doesnt give them the right to break the rules.
    Sure, you can give them a PM with a donation link IF THEY ASK FOR IT, you can not post it publicly in threads.

Not a code guru at all no, but rules are rules. If you dont like it, fine, but it wont change

No offence taken
    lol completely understand

maybe i should have actually read those things a lil more carefully about the nothing in sig
    ^0^Team Nova's PQR NCC ^0^

If you think someone did something good, take the time to show your appreciation!